Page 72 of 147 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2204
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TCHRISJ View Post
    If that panel is actually from the comic, it seems likeHulk is trapped somewhere. Looks a lot like the below place, maybe this run will end with him
    I think it’s a promo from the new FCBD issue by the pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I want Ram V to take over the Avengers sooooo bad.
    Defenders sounds more up his street, he's currently the Justice League Dark writer, and Defenders has Doctor Strange, Marvel's closest equivalent to Zatanna and Constantine.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Hmmm.... I drifted away from Cates Thor run....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    So did I... gave it a chance but it was so subpar... And that's a run he planned for 3 years in advance, this Hulk stuff i bet they sprung this on him out of nowhere this year. It's gonna be a train wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Defenders sounds more up his street, he's currently the Justice League Dark writer, and Defenders has Doctor Strange, Marvel's closest equivalent to Zatanna and Constantine.
    I’m down for either one, honestly. The more books Marvel can put him on the better. It’s absolute garbage he was over looked for the main JL book for Bendis.

What a way to ruin my day, Marvel.

Can't wait for all Ewing's work go to waste, Hulk going back to status quo and to battle yet another Dangerous Black Threat with obligatory cameos of Surfer and Cosmic Rider.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    As someone who have read all the issues... it's bad. Like REALLY bad. It has some interesting ideas, great art but execution is just god-awful. It feels like reading fanfiction done by 15 yo- a lot of stuff that's considered "cool" just thrown into mix. But people seem like to it (sales are pretty good and issues going OOP) so I guess Cates found his reader.
    Last edited by Dinosaur Hulk; 06-02-2021 at 01:27 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    What a way to ruin my day, Marvel.

Can't wait for all Ewing's work go to waste, Hulk going back to status quo and to battle yet another Dangerous Black Threat with obligatory cameos of Surfer and Cosmic Rider.
    Gonna get a few retcons from Cates and gonna get the same old stories we always have... Oh well... we couldn't expect this to last forever, but yea can't wait for Surfer and CGR and Thor and BRB and whoever else to just randomly show up from now on.

The Force will restore balance. Venom was trash, Hulk was amazing. Now it's time for the reverse.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Gonna get a few retcons from Cates and gonna get the same old stories we always have... Oh well... we couldn't expect this to last forever, but yea can't wait for Surfer and CGR and Thor and BRB and whoever else to just randomly show up from now on.
    I hope Thor is going to act like a jerk, if not I am not reading lmao
    Also the book should be written like some sort of legend, with narration and prophecies plus as much pretentiousness as pages can handle.

All jokes aside, I am willing to give him a benefit of doubt. Even if I've read King in Black, Venom, Absolute Carnage, Thor and Thanos, I can't see the future and say with certainity "naaah the book is going to suck". I'll buy issue or two (if I am lucky the prices are going to skyrocket again and I'll be able to resell them :3). But I don't get my hopes too high because out of all the stories written by Cates I enjoyed only a bit of Thanos, the first arc of Venom and his work for Image called God's County.

BANNED

I hope Thor is going to act like a jerk, if not I am not reading lmao
    Also the book should be written like some sort of legend, with narration and prophecies plus as much pretentiousness as pages can handle.

All jokes aside, I am willing to give him a benefit of doubt. Even if I've read King in Black, Venom, Absolute Carnage, Thor and Thanos, I can't see the future and say with certainity "naaah the book is going to suck". I'll buy issue or two (if I am lucky the prices are going to skyrocket again and I'll be able to resell them :3). But I don't get my hopes too high because out of all the stories written by Cates I enjoyed only a bit of Thanos, the first arc of Venom and his work for Image called God's County.
    Nah i don't expect much. The only thing i kinda enjoyed from Cates was his Surfer mini but that was a mini and i mostly enjoyed it because it felt like a psychedelic trip. On the other hand his Hulk is guaranteed to be a huge bore.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Speaking of Ewing, he and Ram V are the new Venom writers.
    I love Ram V's stuff.

I would have loved for him to be the new Hulk writer.

Fantastic Member

So did I... gave it a chance but it was so subpar... And that's a run he planned for 3 years in advance, this Hulk stuff i bet they sprung this on him out of nowhere this year. It's gonna be a train wreck.
    Supposedly it's a pitch he's had for years. Given that it's the tired cliche of Bruce tries to cure himself of the Hulk storyline (thats a dead giveaway of someone not understanding the character -- even Waid understood that much) Maybe he's had this idea since he was a kid?

I'll give it a shot, I'm ok with Cates, he's not the greatest or the worst. He has some interesting ideas but as others said, it tends to be fan fic-ish.

I just wish Marvel wasn't so predictable (adjectiveless Hulk! GASP! Bruce vs Hulk! WHOA!).

Still it's early, but keeping expectations low.

Nah i don't expect much. The only thing i kinda enjoyed from Cates was his Surfer mini but that was a mini and i mostly enjoyed it because it felt like a psychedelic trip. On the other hand his Hulk is guaranteed to be a huge bore.
    I want to read it just because Tradd Moore is incredible artist. So much live and energy in his lines, just wow. Also heard good things about the mini.

I want to read it just because Tradd Moore is incredible artist. So much live and energy in his lines, just wow. Also heard good things about the mini.
    The Surfer mini was magical. Definitely worth picking up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Supposedly it's a pitch he's had for years. Given that it's the tired cliche of Bruce tries to cure himself of the Hulk storyline (thats a dead giveaway of someone not understanding the character -- even Waid understood that much) Maybe he's had this idea since he was a kid?

I'll give it a shot, I'm ok with Cates, he's not the greatest or the worst. He has some interesting ideas but as others said, it tends to be fan fic-ish.

I just wish Marvel wasn't so predictable (adjectiveless Hulk! GASP! Bruce vs Hulk! WHOA!).

Still it's early, but keeping expectations low.
    Considering he wants Bruce to control/get rid of Hulk it screams pre -Ewing era. Thats what i dislike about Cates he cant adapt. Same with his Thor run that is all about the hammer and Thor being worthy despite people telling him they dont wanna see those stories anymore.