Page 74 of 147 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2204
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I wonder if Hulk is invading TOAA's realm here. Everyone might be copies spun up to fight him.
    Eh its possible but i dont think thats the case, at least not TOAAs realm, maybe copies TOBA made? Or more likely they are the real deal, some strangr choices there like Nova.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Cates latest tweet fills me with even less hope. This already feels like a dumb gimmick run.
    "Smashstronaut"
    My eyes rolled in the back of my head.
    It’s Cates it’s going to be the dumbest summer blockbuster storytelling ever . We know what we’re getting with him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Loved the line that Hulk delivers to Blade as he holds him -

"Blade, right? Quick question. Can you turn into a bat?"

"... no."

"Now's good time to learn."

Throws him up sky high Golden Age Superman style.

That made me laugh out loud. All while reading as I was on the train. Thanks Ewing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s Cates it’s going to be the dumbest summer blockbuster storytelling ever . We know what we’re getting with him.
    I know, it's gonna be a mix of frustrating and boring.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I won’t mind it if it’s a short run (12 issues or less) - I really don’t want him on the book for the long-run. Cates seems to be at his “best” when he tells what he wants to tell. Silver Surfer Black and Thanos Wins were pretty good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I won’t mind it if it’s a short run (12 issues or less) - I really don’t want him on the book for the long-run. Cates seems to be at his “best” when he tells what he wants to tell. Silver Surfer Black and Thanos Wins were pretty good.
    He is seemingly on it long term, unless his run gets canceled which lets face it no matter how hard it sucks that's not happening after 12 issues.

Fantastic Member

Cates latest tweet fills me with even less hope. This already feels like a dumb gimmick run.
    "Smashstronaut"
    My eyes rolled in the back of my head.
    Maybe he's taking "World breaker" literally? Eventually getting to a point where he returns to his IH #50 form

/kidding
    //I hope

What's the over/under on guest appearances? That's another trope I'm not looking forward to. Guest hero each issue beats/stands up to the Hulk (or Hulk looks like a bully).. the character has enough internal conflict there's no need to lean heavy on external conflict. Its a nice pressure release valve when used sparingly and there's payoff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Maybe he's taking "World breaker" literally? Eventually getting to a point where he returns to his IH #50 form

/kidding
    //I hope

What's the over/under on guest appearances? That's another trope I'm not looking forward to. Guest hero each issue beats/stands up to the Hulk (or Hulk looks like a bully).. the character has enough internal conflict there's no need to lean heavy on external conflict. Its a nice pressure release valve when used sparingly and there's payoff.
    Oh expect every Marvel hero and their mother to show up in Hulk and expect Hulk to be everywhere as well from now on. Also expect this to spiral into an event obviously and i am calling it now it's gonna be something as obvious and flashy as World War Hulk 2.

Oh expect every Marvel hero and their mother to show up in Hulk and expect Hulk to be everywhere as well from now on. Also expect this to spiral into an event obviously and i am calling it now it's gonna be something as obvious and flashy as World War Hulk 2.
    You mean World War Hulk 3, we already had sequel with Cho XD or we can go further and get Fall of the Hulks 2 or World War Hulks 2.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    You mean World War Hulk 3, we already had sequel with Cho XD or we can go further and get Fall of the Hulks 2 or World War Hulks 2.
    Oh right i forgot that abomination(pun intended), i am hoping Marvel forgets about it entirely tbh lol.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Unless he absolutely tanks sales-wise I can’t see him not doing a long run. Besides Thor he doesn’t have any other book correct? He’s got the time for two ongoings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Marvel has been recycling events lately so I wouldn’t be surprised if it happens.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

I suppose one way to look at it is Immortal Hulk is pretty impassable as a comic, I'm sure Cates is aware of the act he has to follow, especially since Ewing has already recouped a blunder of a series he did(GotG).

I doubt there will be many series that will be able to top Immortal Hulk, it's about as top tier of a series as you can get. I'm grateful for that at least and Ewing is wrapping it at a point it's solidly well instead of letting it meander into mediocrity.

Willing to to give Cate's run a chance, esp if it picks off from the irradiated dust of Immortal Hulk. I'm a big Invincible and ASM fan too so Ottley's art will be a big plus.

Also, all the more reason for everyone reading this to buy tf out of Gamma Flight. If it sells well enough to become an ongoing, Ewing and Frasier's cast will stay relevant in all things Gamma.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Fall of the Pantheon—crossover event with Thor.

We all knew that this run by Ewing and Bennet was going to be a hard act to follow. I am intrigued to see what Cates does. His Thanos run with Old Man Thanos was descent but most of his Marvel stuff just led to the King in Black/Venom. I am not into Ottely cartoonish style and I think they'll probably lose some fans from IH in general since it will be a stark difference (though I loved Ed McGuiness cartoon style with his Hulk run).
    Last edited by Anonymousmc; 06-03-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Maybe Banner has control of the Green door and is using it to keep Hulk contained somehow? He and what's left of Devil have been stuck there for quite a while while Joe/Savage have taken over the book....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth