Page 75 of 147 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2204

Mark Rufallo Selfie Set She Hulk

Off topic: just got an e-mail from editorial. Said that my letter will be printed in the next issue (48), but sadly without my drawing to accompany it. Not sure why exactly, I don't think it's too bad or graphic. Maybe there are too many letters and just not enough room for the drawiing, which is understandable. Eh, well at least Al said that he liked it: "That’s a great pic of everyone’s favorite Devil."
    Last edited by Dinosaur Hulk; 06-03-2021 at 03:06 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Off topic: just got an e-mail from editorial. Said that my letter will be printed in the next issue (48), but sadly without my drawing to accompany it. Not sure why exactly, I don't think it's too bad or graphic. Maybe there are too many letters and just not enough room for the drawiing, which is understandable. Eh, well at least Al said that he liked it: "That’s a great pic of everyone’s favorite Devil."
    Congrats! I’ve never had my letters published before!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Congrats! I’ve never had my letters published before!
    Thanks!
    Wow really? I wonder why... In which comic books have you sent them?

Extraordinary Member

Does anyone else feel that there have been too many different Hulk personalities?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Does anyone else feel that there have been too many different Hulk personalities?
    As long as Spider-Man getting a new costume every year, I wouldn't call that "too many". Only three are present in this book (Joe, Devil and Child), with Professor, World Breaker, Guilt and Hulk from Secret Empire being left out.
    But if open Incredible Hulk by Paul Jenkins, there's a whole zoo of Hulk personalities... now THAT would have been too much. It would have turned into some sort of "Dial H for Hulk" pretty quickly lol

I mean it isn't a bad thing, is it? It allows every author to come up with something new without completely destroying the character. It's easier to write a new persona instead of making existing one act OOS. Plus it opens doors (green ones) for more interesting situations to happen. For example, Professor and Joe couldn't be more different from one another. Planet Hulk wouldn't be as half as good if it was your typical "Hulk Smash" persona.

The multiple alters are just a tool that lets you tell more stories with Hulk. Savage and Devil are never going to work for the mob but Joe would. Planet Hulk was better for having a Hulk who was capable of speaking in complete sentences. And Immortal Hulk definitely benefitted from pushing Devil to the center. I don’t think it’s been overused so far, only 4 personalities: Bruce, Devil, Joe, and Savage have been used in this run, and it’s worked fine.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

As long as Spider-Man getting a new costume every year, I wouldn't call that "too many". Only three are present in this book (Joe, Devil and Child), with Professor, World Breaker, Guilt and Hulk from Secret Empire being left out.
    But if open Incredible Hulk by Paul Jenkins, there's a whole zoo of Hulk personalities... now THAT would have been too much. It would have turned into some sort of "Dial H for Hulk" pretty quickly lol

I mean it isn't a bad thing, is it? It allows every author to come up with something new without completely destroying the character. It's easier to write a new persona instead of making existing one act OOS. Plus it opens doors (green ones) for more interesting situations to happen. For example, Professor and Joe couldn't be more different from one another. Planet Hulk wouldn't be as half as good if it was your typical "Hulk Smash" persona.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The multiple alters are just a tool that lets you tell more stories with Hulk. Savage and Devil are never going to work for the mob but Joe would. Planet Hulk was better for having a Hulk who was capable of speaking in complete sentences. And Immortal Hulk definitely benefitted from pushing Devil to the center. I don’t think it’s been overused so far, only 4 personalities: Bruce, Devil, Joe, and Savage have been used in this run, and it’s worked fine.

I am not talking just in this run...but overall since the beginning.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Maybe Banner has control of the Green door and is using it to keep Hulk contained somehow? He and what's left of Devil have been stuck there for quite a while while Joe/Savage have taken over the book....
    I think Bruce has trapped him on the mental plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I am not talking just in this run...but overall since the beginning.
    Billy Milligan and Kevin from "Split" had 24 personalities.
    It doesn't come up as a surprise that a person with MPD can have more than 1 personality (plus thank you, Samson, for creating 1 more), again- for the most part we follow Savage (Child/Dumb) Hulk. Joe is popping up here and there. But personalities like World Breaker, Guilt and Mindless are so rare that they have been used just a few times. Devil had only short cameos before Ewing brought him to the spotlight. I don't see a problem here, if you don't like other personas so much you can just ignore them or skip issues that they appear in. But this is a major part of the Hulk character himself, you can't just erase all the personas and leave Savage and Gray.

RCO001_1465445488.jpg

We did get Green Scar too although technically it wasn't really him.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Kinda, but I wish it was actually him and not Leader taking his form. I wonder if it was also him punching Xemnu in issue 33.

BANNED

Thats awesome, they probably cut it for space, since it's nearing the end and they wanna answer as many questions as possible. If it's no secret what did you ask him?

Yeah, I don't think it'd get cut for being too graphic considering the level of gore/body horror IH already has.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Hi. Looking for some help here. Was Tony in the newest issue of Hulk with the Avengers or was it just a few members?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark