Page 78 of 147 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2204

Cates is a 90s kid so I’m assuming “his” Hulk will be similar to the PAD Hulk. I’m not expecting a return to full on “dumb” Savage or at least I hope not, but I don’t think Devil will still be the alter in control at the end of Ewing’s run. Frankly Green Scar would probably be the perfect Hulk for Cates given his writing style, and it’s been a while since we’ve seen that guy return (aside from the Ewing fake out)so I wouldn’t be disappointed if that was the characterization he chose to bring back.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Cates is a 90s kid so I’m assuming “his” Hulk will be similar to the PAD Hulk. I’m not expecting a return to full on “dumb” Savage or at least I hope not, but I don’t think Devil will still be the alter in control at the end of Ewing’s run. Frankly Green Scar would probably be the perfect Hulk for Cates given his writing style, and it’s been a while since we’ve seen that guy return (aside from the Ewing fake out)so I wouldn’t be disappointed if that was the characterization he chose to bring back.
    If Cates brings back Green Scar, I am on board. But I won't get my hopes too high, he will probably use only Savage for quite some time.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #340
    “Vicious Circle”

Cover Date: February 1988
    Sale Date: October 20th, 1987
    Writer: Peter David
    Artist: Todd McFarlane
    Letterer: Rick Parker
    Colorist: Petra Scotese
    Editor: Bob Harras

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Betty Banner, Rick Jones, Clay Quartermain, the X-Men, the Leader, Half-Life
    Antagonist: Wolverine.
    Synopsis: We open to an internal monologue of an unidentified woman swirling a domed globe as it transitions to Rick, Clay and the Hulk in the SHIELD van driving in a freak snowstorm. The Hulk seems extraordinarily moody and takes his leave while Clay tries to get his bearings on their location. We then see the X-Men in their famed Blackbird heading towards Dallas, Texas. They narrowly dodge the Hulk during one of his leaps, but while the brute misses the X-Men, he accidentally careens into a passenger liner. Rogue is able to safely help the plane to the ground, but the spot she aims to toss the burning engine is the exact spot where the Hulk has landed, making his mood even fouler. During Wolverine’s inspection of the wing, his senses confirm that it was the Hulk who did it, but the scent is altered…changed…and while he would love to follow up on it, his current duties to the X-Men prevent it from happening. Cut to the Leader and Half-Life in a hidden base gathering more information on the gamma bombs. Back in Texas, the National Guard stumbles up on the Hulk in a stranded meat van and a quick battle ensues. The X-Men are nearby and Wolverine catches the scent, leaving the group to investigate. A tense exchange between the Hulk, who is itching for a long-awaited rematch and Wolverine, hesitant and reluctant to fight, leads to a violent end, as Logan loses his temper and stabs his adamantium claws clean thru the Hulk’s chest. He begins to walk away when the Hulk gets up, with the bloody gaping hole in his chest healing. The two continue the fight until Quartermain, who verbally berates both of them for their childish actions, interrupts them. The story ends to reveal a sobbing Betty tossing aside the domed trinket against the wall of her hotel room…
    Commentary: The issue that cemented McFarlane’s super-star status. Apparently Todd was pushing hard to ink his own work, but Harras was hesitant. Wonder if he got a peek at his work on the Batman Year Two? Sadly, this was right around the time he took the Amazing Spider-Man title and would soon give his notice. ASM had a bi-weekly summer schedule and it was strain to maintain a deadline on both books. I remember getting this at a Little Professor bookstore with my sister and cousins, then we went to Burger King to eat. Read it over and over, and about 20 minutes after we got home, promptly vomited and spent the next couple of days in bed. Not sure if it was the food or if I caught the flu, but I still have issues looking or smelling BK chicken nuggets.

The images of the Hulk's enraged face here cemented my love for this era of McFarlane and began my slow burn of Gray Hulk appreciation. I wasn't buying the book for hints of the Green Hulk to come back anymore. I was starting to accept this new/old Hulk and this "Ground Zero" storyline was enjoyable in real-time to read as it is 30+ years later in a re-read.

Man I loved that issue the first time I read PAD’s Hulk. McFarlane’s art probably did play a big role in helping sell people on this new take on Hulk. Back then was there a lot of backlash towards changing the Hulk’s skin color and making him able to talk?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Variant for issue 48 from our beloved Joe Bennett.
    197253960_321804699534673_8968671520651015698_n.jpg

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Man I loved that issue the first time I read PAD’s Hulk. McFarlane’s art probably did play a big role in helping sell people on this new take on Hulk. Back then was there a lot of backlash towards changing the Hulk’s skin color and making him able to talk?
    From what I remember in the letter columns, it was definitely a mixed bag of reactions. I don't know who was in charge of the sorting thru mail for the letter columns or how much they cherry-picked pro gray vs pro green. Fading out Banner for a bit and keeping the green Rick Jones Hulk didn't move the needle in terms of sales either. According to PAD in an old essay in Amazing Heroes back in 1992, sales up to issue #331 to #339 were plummeting and 2/3 of the mail wanted the Gray Hulk gone and the Green Hulk to return. There were some returning fans who had left many years before and were intrigued by the change and stuck around....

Savage Hulk could always talk, just not very intelligently.

However, there was a period just before the Grey Hulk where the Hulk was entirely mute and didn't turn into Banner. It started just before Crossroads saga and after Secret Wars (Where the "Banner Hulk" was starting to become unstable), but then when Mantlo left he pretty much reset him back to the Savage Hulk, although almost immediately thereafter Hulk and Banner were physically separated by Bryne, once again giving us a mute savage Hulk.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

... I hope that after the She-Hulk series comes out, it can lead to a Ruffalo Hulk mini-series. I wouldn't mind if they incorporated a couple of "flashback" episodes to before Banner had control, and they did some nods to the old TV show.
    They can also attempt to address the dangling plotline of Sam Sterns getting his head dosed in gamma-chemicals. (I'm not hung up if they bring back the original actor or not)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ... I hope that after the She-Hulk series comes out, it can lead to a Ruffalo Hulk mini-series. I wouldn't mind if they incorporated a couple of "flashback" episodes to before Banner had control, and they did some nods to the old TV show.
    They can also attempt to address the dangling plotline of Sam Sterns getting his head dosed in gamma-chemicals. (I'm not hung up if they bring back the original actor or not)
    There is literally nothing good that will come out of the She-Hulk series regarding Hulk himself, Hulk is a character Marvel would very much like to sideline as they have so far. I still predict that he will die and will be replaced with She-Hulk herself who Feige has said himself he would like to see join the Avengers.

There is no future in the MCU for Hulk as of now, maybe in 10-15 years but as of now they had ample opportunity to do anything they want with Hulk and if anyone thinks there are still big things waiting for Hulk after this than i am sorry for being this blunt but that is straight up delusional.

Aren’t they casting Skaar as well? Yeah I think Bruce’s time is over (which sucks because his “time” was pretty lame). Wouldn’t bother me so much if every goddamn Marvel adaption elsewhere wasn’t taking its cue from the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    There is literally nothing good that will come out of the She-Hulk series regarding Hulk himself, Hulk is a character Marvel would very much like to sideline as they have so far. I still predict that he will die and will be replaced with She-Hulk herself who Feige has said himself he would like to see join the Avengers.

There is no future in the MCU for Hulk as of now, maybe in 10-15 years but as of now they had ample opportunity to do anything they want with Hulk and if anyone thinks there are still big things waiting for Hulk after this than i am sorry for being this blunt but that is straight up delusional.
    but the Hulk is immortal....?

So I created Instagram account and THIS just happened.
    If I am sleeping, don't wake me up please.

(For some reason images I attach are always so small I can barely see them, what am I doing wrong?)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dinosaur Hulk; 06-13-2021 at 08:05 PM.

Aren’t they casting Skaar as well? Yeah I think Bruce’s time is over (which sucks because his “time” was pretty lame). Wouldn’t bother me so much if every goddamn Marvel adaption elsewhere wasn’t taking its cue from the MCU.
    Immortal Hulk is probably the last great Hulk content in any media that we will see for a long time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    but the Hulk is immortal....?
    Not in the MCU, in the MCU the Wasp is probably more "immortal" than he is.

Fantastic Member

Would never like to see a MCU adaptation of Immortal Hulk but it would be pretty cool to see a 1:1 adaptation of Immortal Hulk animated, and by extension many other Marvel comics. Imagine it would drive a huge spike in readership rather than the meandering adaptations that loosely are based off the comics. I think House of X/Dawn of X would work great animated too.

Immortal Hulk has a great 3 season setup too

S1 - Fortean/Shadow Base
    S2 - Roxxon/Leader
    S3 - U-Foes/Avengers/Finale