Page 82 of 147 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2204
    Fantastic Member

Either way, it's the only time since he was introduced that he's become interesting to me

Keep the new look, literally ANYTHING but a clone Hulk with tattoos and a sword.. SO EDGY!

Same trap lesser Hulk writers fall into, someone has gamma exposure, they become a Hulk clone despite the majority of them being different.

So far I'm leaning towards parallel universe Skaar.

Given that the Ross's "Doc Green" cures seem to have eventually worn off, (although Red Harpy was a new form of sorts and Thaddeus retains his mustache?) and I'm guessing Rick's past as an abomination-style gamma mutate probably was probably key to him turning into a new one, this could just be the same case or a new mutation.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Either way, it's the only time since he was introduced that he's become interesting to me

Keep the new look, literally ANYTHING but a clone Hulk with tattoos and a sword.. SO EDGY!

Same trap lesser Hulk writers fall into, someone has gamma exposure, they become a Hulk clone despite the majority of them being different.

So far I'm leaning towards parallel universe Skaar.
    Skaar's literally Hulk's son. He's more justified looking like a teenage version of Hulk than anyone.

Gamma Flight was pretty good, if obviously not on the same level as Immortal Hulk.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    It's not actually Skaar. As much as i love Ewing he keeps making the same mistake... People wanted to see the Abomination and instead of bringing back the real one he made a fake one when he could have easily just made the real one. Now with people wanting to see Skaar back, he thinks he will satisfy everyone by bringing back a fake one and all i have to ask is why? Like literally why bring these fake ones instead of the real ones?

As for IH #50 missing for September, that's a shame it might have been pushed back due to being 80 pages long, which is a ton of work for Bennett, still it wont be pushed back more than 1 month so it's all good anyway.
    Might be due to the workload, but they may have pushed it back so it doesn't spoil the issues coming up.

Back for noon feeding The Shredder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    He mentioned in some interview that the one-shots will probably be collected in their own trade, possibly named Immortal Hulk Apocrypha.
    Appreciate the info!

Guess I'll just have to see how these Immortal Hulk releases pan out and then decide which format to go with. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shredder View Post
    Appreciate the info!

Guess I'll just have to see how these Immortal Hulk releases pan out and then decide which format to go with. Thanks again.
    IMMORTAL HULK: GREAT POWER TPB
    Written by TOM TAYLOR, JEFF LEMIRE, DECLAN SHALVEY, AL EWING, ALEX PAKNADEL & DAVID VAUGHAN
    Penciled by JORGE MOLINA, MIKE DEL MUNDO, DECLAN SHALVEY, JUAN FERREYRA & KEVIN NOWLAN
    Cover by DECLAN SHALVEY
    The Immortal Hulk stars in tales to astonish from some of the most incredible talents in comics! When Bruce Banner wakes up as himself in the dead of night, he thinks he's finally free. But the Hulk is immortal, and he has a new alter ego: Peter Parker! Then, after a young girl goes missing on a Kansas farm, Banner searches for answers. But this town doesn't take kindly to strangers — especially the big, green, violent kind. When a new gamma-powered villain shows up in a small New Mexico town, Bruce is forced to confront the source of his anger — and it's not what you expect! And 10,000 years ago, who was the first to open the immortal Green Door?! Collecting IMMORTAL HULK: GREAT POWER, IMMORTAL HULK: THE THRESHING PLACE, IMMORTAL HULK: FLATLINE and material from IMMORTAL HULK: TIME OF MONSTERS.
    112 PGS./Rated T+ …$15.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93117-9
    Trim size: 6-5/8 x 10-3/16

Gamma Flight was just boring as hell. Nowhere close to the level of Immortal Hulk. Last page is cool and everything but I couldn't find anything I would love here expect that. Art is pretty weak too.

I decided to give Immortal Hulk a chance and have read the first 20 issues. I grew up reading Hulk but the last decade or so I haven't read much with him.

The first issues reminded me of Brian Jones old take. Then it became a tad repetitive. The writing is great if perhaps a bit flat when it tries to go prosaic. But heck that is hard so it's more nitpicking then actuall critique. The art is wonderful. The coloring reminds me of Corben with the textures. Still I'm underwhelmed. Brian is thematicly a good villian but he's rather boring. It's good that they are using many of the usual suspects in the book but so far none of them have had a role witch felt like a good evolution for them as a character. It's either regression or sidestepping. I'm struggeling to find something to invest in. The mystery aspect of it isn't tickling me that much. It's probably emtional attachment from earlier runs that are my main driving force and if they aren't doing anything with the characters that gets me excited then that won't get me far.

Another factor is probably that the horror elements don't scare me.

I want to like this book. It's of a high quality. Does it become better? More engaging? Or is this view on the nature of Gamma and it's effects on characters the continuing focus of the book?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I decided to give Immortal Hulk a chance and have read the first 20 issues. I grew up reading Hulk but the last decade or so I haven't read much with him.

The first issues reminded me of Brian Jones old take. Then it became a tad repetitive. The writing is great if perhaps a bit flat when it tries to go prosaic. But heck that is hard so it's more nitpicking then actuall critique. The art is wonderful. The coloring reminds me of Corben with the textures. Still I'm underwhelmed. Brian is thematicly a good villian but he's rather boring. It's good that they are using many of the usual suspects in the book but so far none of them have had a role witch felt like a good evolution for them as a character. It's either regression or sidestepping. I'm struggeling to find something to invest in. The mystery aspect of it isn't tickling me that much. It's probably emtional attachment from earlier runs that are my main driving force and if they aren't doing anything with the characters that gets me excited then that won't get me far.

Another factor is probably that the horror elements don't scare me.

I want to like this book. It's of a high quality. Does it become better? More engaging? Or is this view on the nature of Gamma and it's effects on characters the continuing focus of the book?
    It seems the book isn't for you my friend, if you haven't liked the first 20 issues you wont like the rest, luckily there are plenty of other comics out there, try Daredevil or some of the X-men books, take care.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Gamma Flight was just boring as hell. Nowhere close to the level of Immortal Hulk. Last page is cool and everything but I couldn't find anything I would love here expect that. Art is pretty weak too.
    Yea it's mostly been done by the new writer and you can tell with some of the dialogue, with that said i am glad they are expanding on the gamma lore of Marvel, the more the better.

Edit: Btw Ryan Ottley confirmed to me what we discussed before which is that Hulk is indeed killing MODOK's henchmen.

https://twitter.com/RyanOttley/statu...32661663522816
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 06-24-2021 at 11:44 AM.

It seems the book isn't for you my friend, if you haven't liked the first 20 issues you wont like the rest, luckily there are plenty of other comics out there, try Daredevil or some of the X-men books, take care.
    Thanks for the reply. It’s a shame since so many are enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Thanks for the reply. It’s a shame since so many are enjoying it.
    We all enjoy different things, there's no point in forcing yourself to like something.

Yea it's mostly been done by the new writer and you can tell with some of the dialogue, with that said i am glad they are expanding on the gamma lore of Marvel, the more the better.
    Funny thing that Duggan on Planet-Size X-Men writes exactly like Hickman does, but here the new writer struggles to do the same even having Ewing's help. I will read issue 2 but for me personally it's probably going to be a very painful mini-series...
    Last edited by Dinosaur Hulk; 06-25-2021 at 04:34 PM.

At least Abomination looks great now lol

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Yea he looks "great", can't wait for a guy that was beating the crap out of Hulk in his first movie to get fodderized in a 2 min scene by a human.

Seriously they took a dump on Hulk in the MCU but that isn't enough so they have to ruin everything else associated with the character. I can't wait to see how damaging the She-Hulk series will be for Hulks character and the rest of the lore.

I genuinely wish they killed him off in Infinity/Endgame...