Page 84 of 147 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2204

Al Ewing came out as bi on his alewing1977. medium .com blog yesterday. Can't link to it due to the censor filter though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    I'd love a Joe Fixit Red-Grey Hulk mini of him sneaking into the Gala in his old Horsemen of War outfit.
    Make it an annual like the King in Black one .

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Al Ewing came out as bi on his alewing1977. medium .com blog yesterday. Can't link to it due to the censor filter though.
    Well it was.. unexpected to say the least... I guess congrats to him? Now Star Lord's story from GotG looks pretty personal

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Here’s the tweet with the link though: https://twitter.com/al_ewing/status/...083636736?s=21
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

Given Ewing was kinda doing the lifting of a good chunk of LGBTQ+ characters in his Marvel titles and We Only Find Them When They're Dead, I kinda already assumed he was, but still this article is very nice and it's really nice to see my favorite author basically having the same thought processes I've had myself being pan.

Also nice to see him have a internet presence again, after the issue 43 stuff he seemed to to pretty silent across the web, even on his Hulk tumblr.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Anything new happening or are we just waiting for #48 next week?

Well Al coming out as bi is kinda big news... but aside from that and Abomination in Shang-Chi trailer, I guess, nothing new :c preview probably drops in a few days.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Anything new happening or are we just waiting for #48 next week?
    In the videogame world, there's these two things:

https://playcontestofchampions.com/c...-the-overseer/

ABOUT THE OVERSEER
    A younger version of Maestro from an alternate reality that is equal in every way, except he still maintains his sanity. The Overseer has just started his conquering career and while he isn’t villainous, he’s not quite noble either. He uses Captain America’s shield for defense, and the Silver Surfer board as a giant cleaver, but his most powerful weapon is a copy of the Infinity Gauntlet that holds the Cosmic Cube, which he uses to travel across the Battlerealm looking for conquest.

overseer.jpg

Then some details from the upcoming Marvel Future Revolution open world RPG game (loosely based on Hickman's Secret Wars).. no playable Hulk yet, but Sakaar is one of 4 (5?) zones to play in..

marvelfuturerev.jpg

Fantastic Member

And right on cue...

IMMORTAL HULK #48 PREVIEW

https://comicbookdispatch.com/immortal-hulk-48-preview/

spoilers:

Now THAT would be an ending. Betty pregnant. Ewing HAS been echoing a lot of the highlights of Hulk history.

Then again, Cates would probably have the kid taken to the future and kidnapped and raised as a villain against him. I totally forgot PAD had Betty raped by Nightmare and had a kid.

Could this be what leads to a falling out between personalities with Bruce wanting to "cure" that part of him?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Cth; 07-01-2021 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    And right on cue...

IMMORTAL HULK #48 PREVIEW

https://comicbookdispatch.com/immortal-hulk-48-preview/

spoilers:

Now THAT would be an ending. Betty pregnant. Ewing HAS been echoing a lot of the highlights of Hulk history.

Then again, Cates would probably have the kid taken to the future and kidnapped and raised as a villain against him. I totally forgot PAD had Betty raped by Nightmare and had a kid.

Could this be what leads to a falling out between personalities with Bruce wanting to "cure" that part of him?
    end of spoilers
    That would be insane if so, I need to see Skaar’s reaction if it happens lol. Has Bruce spoilers:
    ever had a kid with Betty in any Elseworlds or whatever Marvel calls them? I only know of Hulk raping Jen (thanks Millar) in Old Man Logan
    end of spoilers

I have an answer but I can't remember how to code for spoilers...
    Last edited by witchboy; 07-01-2021 at 08:56 PM.

Fantastic Member

My iPhone can never read spoilers - it’s just a big yellow box. On my desktop all I do is highlight and I can see them…Any ideas how to read spoilers on mobile devices?
    "Face Front... Nuff Said?"

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #343
    “Beyond Redemption”

Cover Date: May 1988
    Sale Date: January 19th, 1988
    Writer: Peter David
    Artist: Todd McFarlane
    Letterer: Rick Parker
    Colorist: Petra Scotese
    Editor: Bob Harras

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Betty Banner, Rick Jones, Clay Quartermain, Saunders, LaRoquette and the Leader.
    Villain/Antagonist: The Leader and his robots.
    Synopsis: While driving through a wooded area, Bruce, Rick and Clay stumble upon a haggard-looking Betty Banner frantically running from a trio of gigantic yellow robots. Bruce makes a surprisingly vain attempt to rescue his wife but is easily tossed aside. He then threatens violence against Clay, who is suspicious of her random appearance when they are getting closer to the gamma bomb stockpile. The story is narrated by Rick, who has nicknamed the robotic trio Larry, Moe and Curly. They trail them to a real estate construction site and again try to rescue Betty. Larry shakes off a bazooka round and flips the van and then the sun sets. Cut to a quick backstory about Saunders, who was a military explosives expert until he accidentally killed a mother and child while foiling a terrorist bombing at an airport. Cut back to the companions and the robotic Stooges. Banner has transformed into the Hulk and dug underground and tears apart Larry. Curly tosses Betty aside, striking her head against a beam and this enrages the Hulk, much to Rick’s surprise. He tears into them and for a few moments, Rick admits to being glad about the Hulk’s current state and strength reduction but also being nostalgic for the Green Hulk as Moe and Curly double-team the brute. Another cut, and this time we see the backstory on LaRoquette. A former world traveler turned professional speaker, he gets involved with a student, Carolyn Parmenter…until the Dean of Students finds out. Discussions on the situation ended violently and he loses his job and the two break up. Later on, after a disastrous expedition, he ends up with the Hulkbusters and reunited with Carolyn, only to watch her die during the failed training exercise. The Hulk, meanwhile, is able to finish off Moe and Curly, and after a cursing out from Rick, leaps away to get food for everyone. The issue ends with the debut of LaRoquette as the Rock (not Dwayne Johnson) and Saunders as Redeemer.
    Commentary: I agree with the Hulk, and wasn’t a fan of the fight with the robots. Nice to get the story from Rick’s POV, and the backstory on LaRoquette and Saunders was interesting. In the first edition TPB of “Ground Zero”, there are some swapped pages during Saunders flashback. Always bugged me, but they were corrected in the Visionaries trades. I would, however, like to know the timeline of this entire “Ground Zero” storyline – weeks, months?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post

Incredible Hulk #343
    “Beyond Redemption”

Cover Date: May 1988
    Sale Date: January 19th, 1988
    Writer: Peter David
    Artist: Todd McFarlane
    Letterer: Rick Parker
    Colorist: Petra Scotese
    Editor: Bob Harras

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Betty Banner, Rick Jones, Clay Quartermain, Saunders, LaRoquette and the Leader.
    Villain/Antagonist: The Leader and his robots.
    Synopsis: While driving through a wooded area, Bruce, Rick and Clay stumble upon a haggard-looking Betty Banner frantically running from a trio of gigantic yellow robots. Bruce makes a surprisingly vain attempt to rescue his wife but is easily tossed aside. He then threatens violence against Clay, who is suspicious of her random appearance when they are getting closer to the gamma bomb stockpile. The story is narrated by Rick, who has nicknamed the robotic trio Larry, Moe and Curly. They trail them to a real estate construction site and again try to rescue Betty. Larry shakes off a bazooka round and flips the van and then the sun sets. Cut to a quick backstory about Saunders, who was a military explosives expert until he accidentally killed a mother and child while foiling a terrorist bombing at an airport. Cut back to the companions and the robotic Stooges. Banner has transformed into the Hulk and dug underground and tears apart Larry. Curly tosses Betty aside, striking her head against a beam and this enrages the Hulk, much to Rick’s surprise. He tears into them and for a few moments, Rick admits to being glad about the Hulk’s current state and strength reduction but also being nostalgic for the Green Hulk as Moe and Curly double-team the brute. Another cut, and this time we see the backstory on LaRoquette. A former world traveler turned professional speaker, he gets involved with a student, Carolyn Parmenter…until the Dean of Students finds out. Discussions on the situation ended violently and he loses his job and the two break up. Later on, after a disastrous expedition, he ends up with the Hulkbusters and reunited with Carolyn, only to watch her die during the failed training exercise. The Hulk, meanwhile, is able to finish off Moe and Curly, and after a cursing out from Rick, leaps away to get food for everyone. The issue ends with the debut of LaRoquette as the Rock (not Dwayne Johnson) and Saunders as Redeemer.
    Commentary: I agree with the Hulk, and wasn’t a fan of the fight with the robots. Nice to get the story from Rick’s POV, and the backstory on LaRoquette and Saunders was interesting. In the first edition TPB of “Ground Zero”, there are some swapped pages during Saunders flashback. Always bugged me, but they were corrected in the Visionaries trades. I would, however, like to know the timeline of this entire “Ground Zero” storyline – weeks, months?

I would guess a few weeks. Mostly because of Betty’s pregnancy. She and Bruce had sex right before the Ground Zero storyline started, so if several months were going by, she would physically be showing, even just a little. And going by the art and dialogue, that’s not the case.