Page 87 of 147 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2204
    Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Wow only 2 issues to go, and there is SO MUCH that needs to get done. I’m starting to get slightly worried it might end up a little rushed. But I trust in Ewing, so I’ll keep my hopes up.
    I mean besides stopping TOBA's metacrisis "bad end" and remerging w/ Bruce Banner, is there a lot to wrap up IH? At the end of today's issue it linked the Gamma Flight and upcoming Defenders minis, which any lingering plot threads will be followed up in. Ewing also has to leave Donny Cates something to work with in his run.

My only real concern atm is what Ewing plans to do with TOBA and the Green door. They're really great concepts but Marvel loves it's status-quos, so the really crappy scenario I hope doesn't happen would be to have the One-Above-All annihilate them both which would basically reset everything back to 'zero'.

Thanks everyone for answers!

And oh, is today issue the great one. I really loved dialogue between Joe and Betty, it gave more depth to both of them. It could become one of the most favourite issues in the whole run. Next time: big battle with Avengers AND Fantastic Four followed up with Hulk leaving to BelowPlace!

(Also: don't miss the last letter in this month' letter column)
    Last edited by Dinosaur Hulk; 07-07-2021 at 11:11 AM.

Fantastic Member

I hope you're right. It's been a great run, and would be a shame to end on a sour note.

Yeah that was a good focus on the ups and downs of the Hulk/Betty relationship, basically tied up that plot thread. Hulk/Joe wants to become a better man, but Betty basically challenges him to prove it first before she will give him another chance. I am interested in seeing how Ewing is going to wrap things up with only two issues left, next issue is Hulk going through the Red Door and then the final confrontation with the OBA/Leader in Hell to save Bruce (and maybe Devil?).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

This issue leaves me wishing we'd get Joe Fixit as the main Hulk for a bit, he's such a fun ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    This issue leaves me wishing we'd get Joe Fixit as the main Hulk for a bit, he's such a fun ride.
    I was hoping he'd get his own body.

Calling it now- the last issue is going to feature new Hulk. I don't think Ewing is going to miss that opportunity.
    Like... all Hulks combined, Devil + Child + Cosmic? Or Hulk being used as One-Above-All host? Anyway we are getting that new cool design.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Calling it now- the last issue is going to feature new Hulk. I don't think Ewing is going to miss that opportunity.
    Like... all Hulks combined, Devil + Child + Cosmic? Or Hulk being used as One-Above-All host? Anyway we are getting that new cool design.
    Which cool new design are you referring to? Would love to take a look at it.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Fantastic Member

I just realized in the last panel…is that the first time Joe has called him Bruce?

Actually is that the first time any of the Hulks have called him Bruce?
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    Honestly, before I did this, all I did was post vintage Hulk stuff that wasn't commonly seen. And mainly to keep bumping the thread up for conversation purposes. That route dried up pretty quick and I stumbled across someone doing reviews like this on the X-Forum and thought maybe this would be a better outlet instead of posting another Sal Buscema/Ernie Chan panel.
    I do admit I sometimes feel bad when the Immortal Hulk talk is steady, I usually try to time my posts when the thread has had time to cool down or it's been a couple of days. Because of my work schedule, and how fast or behind I am on write-ups, I try to keep them on a Thursday or a Friday.
    I would like to be able to do it in the format 616 Leap Year does his - he's able to get a shit-ton more panels in. I hate having a limitation on the images for these reviews....
    It's all good. I was just taking the piss. But I do love the dedication.. It's charming..

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    I just realized in the last panel…is that the first time Joe has called him Bruce?

Actually is that the first time any of the Hulks have called him Bruce?
    No. Joe called him Bruce a few times in peter David’s run, particularly in the “Countdown” storyline where he was close to dying due to being poisoned by Madman, and needed Bruce’s help to escape captivity. He also called him Bruce during so of the post Fixit era issues when he was with Betty. Typically, Joe refers Bruce as “Banner” in defense mode, when he to emphasize that he and Bruce are different people. Joe’s catchphrase should be “I’m not Banner”, as often as he says it( which Betty always calls him out on). Savage Hulk never just calls him Bruce.
    The Professor called him Bruce all the time,Once he learned that he himself was NOT Bruce.

Fantastic Member

as per the letter page look for the official press release today or friday hulk 50 going to be one of those giant 9.99$ priced issues

In the midst of all of this drama has Hulk's membership in the Avengers been rescinded (again)?
    What about his Presidential pardon? Long-since rescinded?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    In the midst of all of this drama has Hulk's membership in the Avengers been rescinded (again)?
    What about his Presidential pardon? Long-since rescinded?
    And did these Immortal Hulk issues take place before this weeks Avengers? Jen was free in one and captured in the other.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #346
    “Whys and Wherefores”

Cover Date: August 1988
    Sale Date: April 19th, 1988
    Writer: Peter David
    Layouts: Todd McFarlane
    Pencils: Erik Larsen
    Inker: Jim Saunders III
    Letterer: Joe Rosen
    Colorist: Petra Scotese
    Editor: Bob Harras

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Clay Quartermain, Rick Jones, Betty Banner, Nick Fury, J. Jonah Jameson, Peter Parker, Mary Jane Watson-Parker.
    Synopsis: Clay Quartermain, Rick Jones and Betty Banner testify before a Congressional Committee about the “Ground Zero” events as the Leader gathers survivors and rides off into the sunset.
    Commentary: Fallout from the Ground Zero storyline. We get testimonies of the three remaining primary characters, with the Hulk believed to be dead. Larsen over McFarlane’s layouts are…messy. Kind of bittersweet for me. I enjoyed the hell out of the story, McFarlane’s artwork and I had made progress in getting my grades back up, so I was able to read it in one big chunk over and over and over….

The above image is the rejected cover for #346 by McFarlane and Al Gordon. It's random mash-up of rehashed close-ups from the past few issues. As a little lopsided as I think the published version is, it is better than the rejected version.