Page 9 of 147 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    The End of Immortal Hulk doesn't mean the end of the story per say. I imagine it will wrap up the plotline with the one-below-all, but I can see this as a set up for what comes after.
    The end of Immortal Hulk does mean the end of Ewing writing Hulk, he has already spoken about this. Obviously Hulk will continue after this, whether or not it will be called Immortal Hulk still i don't know(probably not) but what we do know is that it will have a different creative team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I think Ewing has gone on the record that he's not doing that kind of story.

But then again, Marvel's management has never been able to pass up on a good event. No matter how illogical.
    There wont be a Hulk event, Ewing has made that absolutely clear whenever he was asked.

Fantastic Member

IIRC at the end of #17 when Banner meets TOAA, it mentions Banner has arrived after four events (Fortean, Hulk Smashes The State, Agger & Xemnu, and Leader & Del Fry), I suppose a conclusion could be made that either it's the end of the run near that point, or at least the end of TOBA plot, depending on what Ewing wants to do.

One side of me is hoping it doesnt end because I dont think theres another Marvel comic that comes close to it barring Daredevil, but another side of me doesnt want to push a team to make a story they dont want to tell if they have anything more to tell.

Heres hoping they do have more to tell though!

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I think Ewing has gone on the record that he's not doing that kind of story.

But then again, Marvel's management has never been able to pass up on a good event. No matter how illogical.
    They also told Ewing Hulk wouldn't be guest-starring in other books, but you know...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    They also told Ewing Hulk wouldn't be guest-starring in other books, but you know...
    Well that's something harder for Ewing to control, i mean he can't stop another writer putting Hulk in their book if they really want to, but i really doubt Marvel is gonna FORCE Ewing to write an event he said he wouldn't write. I mean as of now he has said on twitter, in some interviews and in a video he did that's on Marvels youtube page that Immortal Hulk wont have an event, that seems pretty final to me.

Spectacular Member Hulkbanner12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Is it a switch? Or is Hulk going to confront TOAA about his place as Job.
    What is kirbons ?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Looking at those covers - I’m starting to wonder if #50 is the battle against The Avengers again?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Looking at those covers - I’m starting to wonder if #50 is the battle against The Avengers again?
    Cover 47 is missing btw, issue 42 was the latest issue to come out, i know Ewing and Bennett are probably decently far ahead but i can't imagine that Bennett is already drawing issue 50 and that he is 8 issues ahead of releases. In reality he is more like 3-4 issues ahead of the releases.

Hi there! Probably a very dumb question, but... is there any list of Immortal Hulk appeareances?
    The only ones I know about are Fantastic Four 12-13 (issues 3 and 4 as well, if I understand correctly), Avengers No Surrender and No Road Home storylines and Absolute Carnage event.

Also... is there anything similar to read? I would be reeeeeally thankful for any recommendations.
    IH was my favourite book for the last few years and I would really want to get more. Binged Jenkins' short run on Incredible Hulk yesterday and enjoyed it as well.
    Last edited by Dinosaur Hulk; 01-29-2021 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalHulk View Post
    Hi there! Probably a very dumb question, but... is there any list of Immortal Hulk appeareances?
    The only ones I know about are Fantastic Four 12-13 (issues 3 and 4 as well, if I understand correctly), Avengers No Surrender and No Road Home storylines and Absolute Carnage event.

Also... is there anything similar to read? I would be reeeeeally thankful for any recommendations.
    IH was my favourite book for the last few years and I would really want to get more. Binged Jenkins' short run on Incredible Hulk yesterday and enjoyed it as well.
    Justice League Dark (2018)

HIGHLY recommend for any fan of Immortal Hulk. It's a pretty self contained book, with the exception of one story arc called The Witching Hour which has some Wonder Woman tie-ins and 2 stand alone issues.

Edit: Also if you're not familiar with DC, don't let that intimidate you. It does a good job introducing and explaining characters and places. Again, highly recommend for any Immortal Hulk fan who wants to read something equally creepy.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 01-29-2021 at 05:45 PM.

HIGHLY recommend for any fan of Immortal Hulk. It's a pretty self contained book, with the exception of one story arc called The Witching Hour which has some Wonder Woman tie-ins and 2 stand alone issues.
    I'll give it a try. Though I am not a big fan of Tynion's current Batman run, hope this is better.

And I should probably specify- the comic book/run better be Hulk-oriented, but thanks nevertheless! I don't have anything to read rn anyway.

Hulk wise? Hmmm there isn’t really another “horror Hulk run” that partly why Ewing has attracted so much attention. Plenty of dark Hulk stories though. PAD and Pak are definitely worth checking out.

BANNED

I don't think there is a list but he has appeared in a number of comics, like he appeared in Hulkverines, Gwenpool Strikes back, Infinity wars, Juggernaut, etc...

Edit: Also if you're not familiar with DC, don't let that intimidate you. It does a good job introducing and explaining characters and places. Again, highly recommend for any Immortal Hulk fan who wants to read something equally creepy.
    Man i really hated Justice League Dark lol, especially the stuff with WW.

However the new Swamp Thing comic is pretty cool, would recommend that.

I'll give it a try. Though I am not a big fan of Tynion's current Batman run, hope this is better.

And I should probably specify- the comic book/run better be Hulk-oriented, but thanks nevertheless! I don't have anything to read rn anyway.
    Your welcome!

It uses similar horror that Immortal Hulk does. Fear of the unknown, extreme body horror, characters facing existential terror, stuff like that. It's also completed.
    I don't count the #29th issue because that was a tie-in to some DC winter event and the book got cancelled after that. It doesn't tie-into the main story anyway which was already finished by issue #28.

Your welcome!

It uses similar horror that Immortal Hulk does. Fear of the unknown, extreme body horror, characters facing existential terror, stuff like that. It's also completed.
    I don't count the #29th issue because that was a tie-in to some DC winter event and the book got cancelled after that. It doesn't tie-into the main story anyway which was already finished by issue #28.
    Not gonna lie, this sounds really promising lol I'll check this out tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I don't think there is a list but he has appeared in a number of comics, like he appeared in Hulkverines, Gwenpool Strikes back, Infinity wars, Juggernaut, etc...
    Yeah totally forgot about Juggernaut. Read that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hulk wise? Hmmm there isn’t really another “horror Hulk run” that partly why Ewing has attracted so much attention. Plenty of dark Hulk stories though. PAD and Pak are definitely worth checking out.
    Well it doesn't have to be horror-like, it can be just something sharing the same atmosphere or character exploration. Sorry in advance, English is not my first language so sometimes my messages can be hard to understand, but I swear I am trying my best! ^^

As I said, Jenkins's run was pretty good in my book (too bad it was too short). I also liked Planet Hulk/World War Hulk, Hulk:Gray and Hulk:The End.

I know PAD's Hulk is essential and all-time classic, but boy oh boy, it's long... is that 150 issues or so? I'll probably read it but later on.

I've been thinking about getting back to Greg Pak's run. I dropped it years ago because I just couldn't make sense of the chronology at the time. Hulk destroying Vegas-> Illuminati send Hulk on Sakaar-> Planet Hulk -> World War Hulk? Okay, that's pretty easy to follow. But then there was Red Hulk, Fall of the Hulks, World War Hulks, Hulk's children (I guess there are 2 of them?), so I kinda got lost in collected editions/reading order. It was that time when I had a pretty bad Internet connection and very little knowledge about huge world of comics- to put it simply, I've just read everything that was published in my country and tried to wrap my head around the rest.

What about Bruce Jones's run, is it any good? Maybe there are other great Hulk comic books, unknown to me?