Page 96 of 147 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2204
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s pretty amazing how despite Immortal Hulk’s success, Ewing has been able to keep it self-contained to the series. I’m sure Marvel has begged him to wrap up his run in an event. With Cates though I don’t expect the same, we are definitely getting a Hulk event from him at some point. That’s both good and bad. Good in that Hulk will be at the center of the MU, and Cates style of storytelling works well with events. Bad in that, well, Cates style of storytelling prioritizes spectacle over substance, and events only worsen that.
    Yep even early on Marvel pressured him to end it in an event, but he refused, luckily he had the final say in it. With Cates obviously it's gonna end in an event... that isn't even a question, still i wont mind that with Cates because the whole run will likely be a giant spectacle, like people are not prepared to experience the shift from Ewing to Cates, it's gonna be jarring guys, you are gonna experience a completely different run. Anyway i am personally not a big fan of Cates, i was not happy that he is doing Hulk, with that said it was about time we had a Hulk centered event, there are so many gamma related characters and lore in the universe now it would be quite a shame if Marvel didn't at least showcase it, as long as Cates tries to make it fun i guess i will take it. As i said i already prepared myself to expect a giant spectacle when it comes to this run, all flash no real substance, my only hope is that Cates does not retcon or damage characterization irreversibly or goes back to status quo which he seems to be kinda doing although on twitter he claimed that he is not, so we will see....

Fantastic Member

Man I’m kinda hoping 49 isn’t just twenty pages of prose, but there’s so much to wrap up with only two issues to go I can see why Ewing might be going that route.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Hulk was briefly involved in the recent symbiote events, and the Carnage crossover issue was kind of interesting in that it really kind of established the Hulk dynamic for a good chunk of his run and also gave a look at how the Hulks appeared in the mindscape-Savage Hulk/Big guy in his regular form, but Joe having be Banner with sunglasses, mustache and tacky fashion sense instead of the Grey form, and Devil basically how he appeared in the Jenkins issues (apart from the 'thin' version that John Romita Jr. did) as a big yellow reptilian. Banner in his usual scientist look etc.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fantastic Member

Well if we're repeating cycles with Cates as well (Ewing pretty much hit all of them during his run) then we're at the point of 300/Crossroads/Exile or Planet Hulk.

Given that we're getting a Hulk in space arc, maybe Cates will take it somewhere paralleling Planet Hulk with the inevitable return to Earth storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Well if we're repeating cycles with Cates as well (Ewing pretty much hit all of them during his run) then we're at the point of 300/Crossroads/Exile or Planet Hulk.

Given that we're getting a Hulk in space arc, maybe Cates will take it somewhere paralleling Planet Hulk with the inevitable return to Earth storyline.
    Hulk going off into the Multiverse would provide similar themes, and it’s never been done. I’m hoping that’s the plan.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Wasn't Sakaar restored during the Cho era (Due to some Secret Wars stuff I think)? Maybe Hulk could revisit the place.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Joe Bennett's Instagram:

Everything that has a beginning...Has an end.

Also...

My last IMMORTAL HULK drawing of this run...Work in progress.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Man I’m kinda hoping 49 isn’t just twenty pages of prose, but there’s so much to wrap up with only two issues to go I can see why Ewing might be going that route.
    The issue is, in fact, entirely in illustrated prose like the preview. It's not a comic.

Fantastic Member

Well, it was unfortunately that =). I think the mid-issue appearance would've had more emotional effect had it been in actual comic form, but the issue was still good. A bit handwavey to get all the pieces where they need to be for issue 50, but hey - the run has been amazing so I can live with it for a quadruple-sized finale (which hopefully is not in the format that this issue was...).

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    The issue is, in fact, entirely in illustrated prose like the preview. It's not a comic.
    Ha yeah. It was good for what it was but it felt like it was more of a time-saver for the creators than it was a creative choice to serve the narrative, to be honest.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Astonishing Member

On the other hand, limiting it to prose is a smart way to limit things to McGees perspective; which does wonders to the presentation of Hulk as a true classic assailed/burdened by a bunch of worthless has beens, once elevated by editorial spite and now cast back into the ash heap, until rescued by other classics.

Fantastic Member

Well, it was unfortunately that =). I think the mid-issue appearance would've had more emotional effect had it been in actual comic form, but the issue was still good. A bit handwavey to get all the pieces where they need to be for issue 50, but hey - the run has been amazing so I can live with it for a quadruple-sized finale (which hopefully is not in the format that this issue was...).

Ha yeah. It was good for what it was but it felt like it was more of a time-saver for the creators than it was a creative choice to serve the narrative, to be honest.
    They're lowering our expectations, in the hopes that we'll be WOWed by #50.

I don't actually know that, just speculating. Or more like trolling.

Hot take... The fights are just mediocre.
    Both fights against the Avengers should have been much, much more epic and brutal.
    Both times Hulk almost loses and basically defends himself. What's worse, every time he's being saved (by Gamma Flight and Fantastic Four). Are you serious?... After all this talk about "not bowing to no one"?...

Immortal Hulk is still one of my all-time favourite comic books but in no way it's perfect. I wish fights had more impact to them. I want to see FIGHTING, not Xemnu being KO'd with one punch after so much build-up. Was it cool? Hell yes it was, I screamed like a fangirl after "Welcome to Planet Hulk" panel. But could it have been handled better? Absolutely.

Last hope on the final issue... if all we get is lore and talkie-talkie for 80 pages, I will be very, very sad. Hulk NEEDS to breathe. He needs room to DESTROY and PUNCH. And he has a lot of stuff to punch. Please, Ewing, don't dissapoint.
    (Yes I understand that this particular run is more about exploring Hulk's character and mythos, and this is what makes it special, but more "smashing" wouldn't hurt the series)

Fantastic Member

My only fear is that it will end with Joe sacrificing himself for Bruce and remaining in Hell. From the cosmic form, to the change of heart with Betty, etc.. it just screams he's going away especially with Cates coming on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    My only fear is that it will end with Joe sacrificing himself for Bruce and remaining in Hell. From the cosmic form, to the change of heart with Betty, etc.. it just screams he's going away especially with Cates coming on board.
    I am okay with sacrificing Joe (even if he's my second favourite) if they bring back Devil. But if they leave Bruce with just Savage (and World Breaker)...