Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Besides Dex-Star, who are other Earth members of the other lantern corps?
    What do the other Lantern Corps have to do with this when we have 8ish Earth GLs?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hmm, this makes me want an Earth-3 GL series where the corps is a galactic space mafia.
    Perhaps these Earth GLs enslaved the Guardians. Take all their individual negative character traits & quirks, and turn that dial up past 11. Besides being over the top (and fun), I could see the unfans of each GL having a blast reading this. Batman would certainly enjoy it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    What do the other Lantern Corps have to do with this when we have 8ish Earth GLs?
    That’s what I’m saying.

If DC has the urge to make more Earthling green lanterns going forward post-Tai/Jo/Keli, then they should reconsider and make them other s seven spectrum Corps members instead

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    That’s what I’m saying.

If DC has the urge to make more Earthling green lanterns going forward post-Tai/Jo/Keli, then they should reconsider and make them other s seven spectrum Corps members instead
    Keli Is not a Green Lantern.

Tai is not in main continuity.

Well looks like we are getting a black lantern....let's hope for the lanterns sake he's not a blackest night level villain because who knows how bad this would be with the green lanterns having some big issues (well I assume Redjack knows, but I'm not about to ask for spoilers)

https://twitter.com/MitchGerads/stat...91307346726912
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well looks like we are getting a black lantern....let's hope for the lanterns sake he's not a blackest night level villain because who knows how bad this would be with the green lanterns having some big issues (well I assume Redjack knows, but I'm not about to ask for spoilers)
    The white glove certainly makes me wonder if it's a Green Lantern (not John or Kyle or Simon) ...none of the other Rainbow Corps wear white gloves... five fingers... seems more like a man than a woman... Where's Sodam Yat been lately? Are there any established characters that would make a good Black Lantern?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Weird, thanks for posting the correct link.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The white glove certainly makes me wonder if it's a Green Lantern (not John or Kyle or Simon) ...none of the other Rainbow Corps wear white gloves... five fingers... seems more like a man than a woman... Where's Sodam Yat been lately? Are there any established characters that would make a good Black Lantern?
    Deadman, Blue Devil, Ralph or Sue...

GL solicitations for July

Green Lantern #4
    story by GEOFFREY THORNE
    art by TOM RANEY AND MARCO SANTUCCI
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    ON SALE : 7/6/21
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
    variant cover by BRYAN HITCH
    US $5.99 (card stock)

Improve. Adapt. Overcome. The same lessons John Stewart learned in the Marine Corps help him begin his quest to find the other lost Lanterns in the dark sectors of space. Meanwhile, back on Oa, one of the Corps’ newest members, Jo Mullein, alongside Young Justice’s Teen Lantern and Simon Baz, tends to the wounded and investigates who or what caused the source of all Green Lanterns’ power to go nuclear and wipe out the Corps.

Infinite Frontier #2
    story by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    art by XERMANICO
    cover by MITCH GERADS
    ON SALE : 7/13/21
    2 of 6
    US $5.99 (card stock)

What secrets and changes lurk inside the newly expanded Multiverse? The devious Director Bones of the D.E.O. re-forms a ragtag team to keep the new worlds at bay, but was highly skilled agent Cameron Chase recruited because the director needs her help, or because he wants a patsy when things go south? Meanwhile, Alan Scott, the original Green Lantern, takes drastic measures to find his missing daughter. Someone has kidnapped Jade, and Alan’s going to find out why and bring her home. Plus, the resurrection of Roy Harper gives the former Teen Titan some unexpected and unpredictable new powers.
    Infinite Frontier #3
    story by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    art by XERMANICO
    cover by MITCH GERADS
    ON SALE : 7/27/21
    3 of 6
    US $5.99 (card stock)

Barry Allen’s history with the Psycho-Pirate isn’t pleasant.

The Flash encountered this mind-bending villain all the way back in the original Crisis on Infinite Earths, and it did not end well for the Scarlet Speedster. For the first time since his death and rebirth, Barry runs afoul of this foe—hopefully it will go better this time around! That is, if the even bigger villain behind the Pirate stays out of the fray, or if President Superman of Justice Incarnate sticks around to help win the day.

Unearth: A Jessica Cruz Story
    story by LILLIAM RIVERA
    pencils by STEPH C.
    inks by STEPH C.
    cover by STEPH C.
    ON SALE 9/14/21
    $16.99 US | 208 PAGES | FC | DC
    6″ x 9″
    ISBN: 978-1-77950-051-9

Acclaimed author Lilliam Rivera and artist Steph C. reimagine one of DC’s greatest Green Lanterns, Jessica Cruz, to tell a story about immigration, family, and overcoming fear to inspire hope.

Jessica Cruz has done everything right. She’s a dedicated student, popular among her classmates, and has a loving family that has done everything they can to give her a better life in the United States. Jessica usually worries for her undocumented parents, but her fears and anxiety escalate as a mayoral candidate with a strong anti-immigration stance runs for office. As the xenophobia in Coast City increases, Jessica begins to debate if it’s worth staying in the U.S. or moving back to her home in Mexico. And despite her attempts to lean on her friends and family, she finds herself constantly visited by visions of Aztec gods, one pulling her toward hope and the other toward anger.

But when her father is detained by I.C.E., Jessica finds herself being pulled into an abyss of anxiety. Despit feeling helpless with her father, Jessica must find her way out of her fears and ultimately become a voice for her community.
    Last edited by Gaius; 04-24-2021 at 05:04 AM.

Teen Lantern really looks like she doesn't want to be there .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

The number of human lanterns isn't bad if you get rid of the two from each sector rule and there are other planets with just as many Lanterns.

They all have different roles to play, and I think that would be reflected better if they were grouped with non-Earth Lanterns differently.

For example, Jo is an investigator, so put her in GL Internal Affairs and pair her up with an alien like Jruk.

Guy is tough as nails and a good team player, so have him work in a four-man SWAT team with assorted GLs.

Jessica deals with anxiety, and it would be interesting to see how that plays with her exploring uncharted space alongside Hal and a GL science team.

Baz was treated like a terrorist in his origin, so he would be interesting working for a GL counterintelligence branch operating like the CIA.

Alan could deal with alien magic like Harry Dresden.

Kyle was the sole GL at one point, which means he can operate well on his own, and we know he's a creative thinker-- Sounds like the ideal guy to be establishing new outposts in recently discovered GL space, like a pioneer or missionary.

In addition to his Earth duties, John works with the higher ups in a leadership role, so things filter up to him.

By splitting up the humans into so many different narratives, you actually provide room for more alien GLs to get some play as well, since different aliens would work alongside the different human POVs.

BANNED

John could also mentor the powerful anomaly Keli, as well as Tai, if Tai enters main continuity.

You not only get a teen perspective (or two), but you also create a character who goes through GL training for an extended period of time, detailing what that process fully encompasses.

Saw this on reddit, felt it was entertaining to share and realize the irony now.
    Words to live by.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    The number of human lanterns isn't bad if you get rid of the two from each sector rule and there are other planets with just as many Lanterns.

They all have different roles to play, and I think that would be reflected better if they were grouped with non-Earth Lanterns differently.

For example, Jo is an investigator, so put her in GL Internal Affairs and pair her up with an alien like Jruk.

Guy is tough as nails and a good team player, so have him work in a four-man SWAT team with assorted GLs.

Jessica deals with anxiety, and it would be interesting to see how that plays with her exploring uncharted space alongside Hal and a GL science team.

Baz was treated like a terrorist in his origin, so he would be interesting working for a GL counterintelligence branch operating like the CIA.

Alan could deal with alien magic like Harry Dresden.

Kyle was the sole GL at one point, which means he can operate well on his own, and we know he's a creative thinker-- Sounds like the ideal guy to be establishing new outposts in recently discovered GL space, like a pioneer or missionary.

In addition to his Earth duties, John works with the higher ups in a leadership role, so things filter up to him.

By splitting up the humans into so many different narratives, you actually provide room for more alien GLs to get some play as well, since different aliens would work alongside the different human POVs.
    I would be absolutely cool with all of this - EXCEPT! I would prefer to have Kyle remain the Earth GL. The messiah/missionary take on Kyle never sat well with me. Marz did a great job making him the 'Peter Parker' GL. Sending him out exploring past woopwoop takes that important element away.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.