Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Oh hey, Tai is apparently getting a sequel series where he gets work with a new Female Kid Flash. Same creative team for Legacy on Green Lantern: Alliance.

https://screenrant.com/dc-new-flash-...graphic-novel/

“ It’s only been a few months since Green Lantern Tai Pham inherited his ring from his ba and defeated his nemesis, Xander Griffin. But Tai knows their last battle was only the beginning—and even though no one believes him, Tai is determined to prove that Xander is up to his old tricks again.

When a string of fires start popping up around Coast City, Tai finds himself stretched thin as he struggles to keep up with school, training, working at the store, and following Xander’s trail. That is, until a new hero, known as Kid Flash, shows up on the scene with an offer to help. Can the heroes find the arsonist before it’s too late?”

Out April 5th, 2022
    Is that Iris? Glad to see GL and Flash teaming up and not just throwing Batman into it.

The GL-Flash relationship is one of the most significant of any generation.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I hate it when popular characters are jobbed out to make a villain look more powerful and then to in turn make the hero of choice look better. I remember being mad when Hollika Rahn was indiscriminately killed to prop up Grayven to in turn prop up Kyle but then again many characters had to job during the Kyle era. What I respected about the Johns' era was he didn't feel the need to fridge Kyle to elevate Hal.
    If Arisia has been killed off like this it's even worse. Instead of nominally getting to make some final stand, she just dies from suffocating in space off panel. It's probably the cheapest unceremonious pointless kind of death they could possibly give her.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I love Arisia, she is my favorite female Lantern, one of my favorite moments of the Johns' run was finding out she was alive and a prisoner of the manhunters. I for one always preferred Hal with Arisia over Carol. So I too highly doubt she is dead (& if so not for long)

On a 2nd note, the depowered Lantern Corp storyline has been overused so much recently, it is becoming a trope. Lantern fans are fans of characters being Lanterns not depowered or as something else. I bought Hal as Spectre but never enjoyed it as much as Hal as GL. Pre-crisis Hal gave up the ring and took on predator/star sapphire but I wasn't happy until he got his ring back. Green Lantern fans don't want that title to not have Green Lanterns in it.
    I wish that I could be as confident in doubt of her death as you are, but I find myself just so jaded. I've seen stuff like this too much. I just find it hard having faith they respect her enough to not kill her off so cheaply and unceremoniously to give this some sense of "consequence". And if so, I also have to doubt that Thorne or another writer might care enough to bring her back to life soon. Which in turn leaves me very depressed.

And yeah, I also find the "decimated GLC" trope having become overused.

I also hope Arisia is actually still alive...

What if Asta from Black Clover had a power ring by @jaytoon on IG
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

What if Asta from Black Clover had a power ring by @jaytoon on IG
    Of course Asta would have Will .

Now I'm just imagining Mereoleona as a Red Lantern...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Of course Asta would have Will .

Now I'm just imagining Mereoleona as a Red Lantern...
    people would probably go the easy route and say Green Lantern but I firmly believe Yami is undoubtably an Indigo. you do not get the to be that naturally charismatic of a leader and assemble that eclectic of a team as the Black Bulls without an abundance of compassion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Starscream would for sure be an Orange
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

people would probably go the easy route and say Green Lantern but I firmly believe Yami is undoubtably an Indigo. you do not get the to be that naturally charismatic of a leader and assemble that eclectic of a team as the Black Bulls without an abundance of compassion.

Starscream would for sure be an Orange
    No doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    No doubt.

perfect.

the only way this could possible end is with a Yellow Lantern Megatron coming in to kill him, take his lantern, and making him a contruct. it wouldn't be starscream otherwise LOL

currently following:

I think he'd see being an Indigo as such a pain though .

I seen Finral trying to join the Star Sapphires...

Green Lantern #6

Writer: GEOFFREY THORNE
    Artists: TOM RANEY and MARCO SANTUCCI
    Cover: BERNARD CHANG
    Variant Cover: BRYAN HITCH
    $4.99 US | 40 PGS | $5.99 US VARIANT (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 9/7/21

Far Sector’s Jo Mullein goes head-to-head with one-time Green Lantern Sinestro, now the leader of the Sinestro Corps that harnesses the yellow light of fear. But as Jo deals with Sinestro, Simon Baz finds out his former partner, Jessica Cruz, just joined the Yellow Lanterns as the Corps’ newest member. Then, in deep space, Kilowog, who’s been cut from the Corps, fights for his life in the Dark Sectors. But without a working ring, he may not stand much of a chance of survival

Trade for Far Sector

Story by N.K. Jemisin
    Art by Jamal Campbell
    Cover by Jamal Campbell
    $29.99 US | 336 PAGES | 17+
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-205-5
    ON SALE 10/19/21

Acclaimed, award-winning author N.K. Jemisin (The Fifth Season, The City We Became) makes her comic book debut with bestselling artist Jamal Campbell (Naomi) as they thrust you into a stunning sci-fi murder mystery on the other side of the universe!
    For the past six months, newly chosen Green Lantern Sojourner “Jo” Mullein has been protecting the City Enduring, a massive metropolis of 20 billion people. The city has maintained peace for over 500 years by stripping its citizens of their ability to feel. As a result, violent crime is virtually unheard of, and murder is nonexistent. But that’s all about to change in this new graphic novel that puts a unique spin on the legacy of the Green Lanterns!
    Far Sector collects Far Sector #1-12.

That's going to be an interesting reunion between Simon and Jessica...

Incredible Member

But as Jo deals with Sinestro, Simon Baz finds out his former partner, Jessica Cruz, just joined the Yellow Lanterns as the Corps’ newest member.
    So we're getting some forced drama over Jessica having "went bad". Sigh. Not looking forward to this. If I even decide to keep following the book, which I'm leaning against.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    So we're getting some forced drama over Jessica having "went bad". Sigh. Not looking forward to this. If I even decide to keep following the book, which I'm leaning against.
    'tis the nature of being a GL.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Well, I'm out, until things go back to normal.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)