SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Just one of my favorite pages in a lot of time

Attachment 106150

Really like Hal's relationship with Pengowirr, they always have each other backs. I wonder if other Lanterns have the same type of relationship with their rings or if this was some kind of uncommon development.
    I love the idea that the ring chose Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    a predator and a xenamorph with sinestro rings...

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Really like Hal's relationship with Pengowirr, they always have each other backs. I wonder if other Lanterns have the same type of relationship with their rings or if this was some kind of uncommon development.
    Jessica Cruz had something similar in the Green Lanterns series (she unknowingly hacked the AI in her ring and it remolded itself with its own personality and all that). The brass on Oa were shocked that it could happen and extremely alarmed over it.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Another Lantern I love was Laira, the cool ninja Green Lantern. There are tons of really cool female Lanterns that need some spotlight: Arisia, Laira, Hollika Rahn (Green Magic), Brik, R'amey Holl (the Corpse) Princess Iolande, Boodikka, Amanita, Kamtma, as well as the earth ones like Jade, Jo and Jessica. There are some cool male ones too like Kreon (military genius) Torquemada (sorcerer), Jack T. Chance (Lobo-like), Von Daggle (the Corpse)

Astonishing Member

Future State has be a bit confused, first there was the disappearing Priest story, fine you can package it again somewhere else. The Hal story and final scene with Jo has me really excited...BUT it is written by Vendetti. If this story was a part of the new Green Lantern storyline wouldn't they have gotten the new GL scribe to write it? I really want to see the continuation of the Hal backup story moreso than anything else DC has hinted at post Infinite Frontier. However it doesn't seem to fit into what they are saying about the new GL book. Why did DC put this out? Does DC want it in their back pocket just in case the new GL direction flames out as fast as Bendis' Legion? Then again if it is just an in case of emergency contingency plan then why say it would be out in 2021 that's not much of a runway? Or was the scene from say 3 years in the future sort of like when Image comics did that issue #25 the week after issue #8 came out but they had to build to that moment? It felt really left hand right hand but that is the new DC.

Astonishing Member

A lot of really cool GL's have been killed for silly storyline reasons over the years, I would love some Geoff Johns level resurrections, maybe the Manhunters have another prison planet of GL's thought deceased in action (or just unused because they are from the Gerard Jones era), bring back Laira, Hollika Rahn, Jack T. Chance, Ch'p and even OG Arkiss Chummunk.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Future State has be a bit confused, first there was the disappearing Priest story, fine you can package it again somewhere else. The Hal story and final scene with Jo has me really excited...BUT it is written by Vendetti. If this story was a part of the new Green Lantern storyline wouldn't they have gotten the new GL scribe to write it? I really want to see the continuation of the Hal backup story moreso than anything else DC has hinted at post Infinite Frontier. However it doesn't seem to fit into what they are saying about the new GL book. Why did DC put this out? Does DC want it in their back pocket just in case the new GL direction flames out as fast as Bendis' Legion? Then again if it is just an in case of emergency contingency plan then why say it would be out in 2021 that's not much of a runway? Or was the scene from say 3 years in the future sort of like when Image comics did that issue #25 the week after issue #8 came out but they had to build to that moment? It felt really left hand right hand but that is the new DC.
    I think things will be a lot clearer once Morrison/Sharp's GL wraps up. I suspect there's a lot that can't be talked about right now in order to not spoil the ending they've got cooked up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Think Guy's more likely to go to McDonald's and then KO'd by some mother after he hits on her.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I'll admit it --- what's going on here? I don't quite get it.