Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

You know I thought about it for a second and I realized how a Green Lantern videogame would work, and that is thanks to Far Sector. If you aware you know that Jo's ring is different from everyone else's, it is a less powerful ring but it can recharge on its own without the need of a battery. So if you were to use her type of ring in a lantern video game you could use it as a kind of mana bar that you have keep track of during combat, and maybe the ring improves as you use it. Just a thought I had.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I guess you would probably need to establish a self-charge function unless the cost of using your ring wasn't an aspect of gameplay, unless the game just lets you pull your Power Battery out of thin air so you can do a charge when you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess you would probably need to establish a self-charge function unless the cost of using your ring wasn't an aspect of gameplay, unless the game just lets you pull your Power Battery out of thin air so you can do a charge when you need it.
    Oh, I was just thinking that incorporating power battery levels into a game would make it so you could do stuff but not always be ultimately powerful, to create a sense of challenge like in Batman when he has to be careful around guns but is still really strong. But yeah summoning the power battery would work wouldn't it.
    Last edited by sifighter; 03-07-2021 at 01:57 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Oh, I was just thinking that incorporating power battery levels into a game would make it so you could do stuff but not always be ultimately powerful, to create a sense of challenge like in Batman when he has to be careful around guns but is still really strong. But yeah summoning the power battery would work wouldn't it.
    I think maybe certain constructs could be special moves you can only pull off depending on how much of a charge you have and using it drains your charge.

And if you're empty, you can't use the ring at all and can only do physical attacks.

I think maybe certain constructs could be special moves you can only pull off depending on how much of a charge you have and using it drains your charge.

And if you're empty, you can't use the ring at all and can only do physical attacks.
    That would be cool
    Words to live by.

Everyone is here (even Aya) .
    The artist worked on this project on and off for about 3 years. His name is ClarkyBoingo on Deviant Art.
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I see John checking out Katma.

I see Sinestro checking out.....Hal.

Guy as a normal GL just looks weird.

Quote Originally Posted by mrumsey View Post
    The artist worked on this project on and off for about 3 years. His name is ClarkyBoingo on Deviant Art.
    3 years? whoa, i respect the patience of the artist.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Looks like Kilowog and Tomar Re would have appeared in the original Synder Justice League film arc.

The fight scene would have been epic.

Alan will have a story, with Obsidian, in the upcoming DC Pride Special.

Is Alan Scott young again? The JSA's return seems anti-climactic if they are back for good. Did it happen in Doomsday Clock or Death Metal? What's the deal? I was hoping for a big JSA-centered story to show us their return.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Is Alan Scott young again? The JSA's return seems anti-climactic if they are back for good. Did it happen in Doomsday Clock or Death Metal? What's the deal? I was hoping for a big JSA-centered story to show us their return.
    I don't even know what DC is doing with the JSA at this point.

On one hand it is good that he is getting used again, on the other hand I hope that "gay Lantern" won't become his defining characteristic.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    On one hand it is good that he is getting used again, on the other hand I hope that "gay Lantern" won't become his defining characteristic.
    To be honest, I'm not hard against it, but it just feels disingenuous to me that they're only promoting Alan now because they just outed him and not because he's one of their more storied characters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    And what's the status of Jade and Obsidian?