Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Obsidian I think is supposed to appear in that Pride anthology book.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    On one hand it is good that he is getting used again, on the other hand I hope that "gay Lantern" won't become his defining characteristic.
    Jo Mullein is queer too though

Astonishing Member

On one hand it is good that he is getting used again, on the other hand I hope that "gay Lantern" won't become his defining characteristic.
    Sadly it appears it is the only reason they dusted him off and haven't done anything with him/JSA besides that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest, I'm not hard against it, but it just feels disingenuous to me that they're only promoting Alan now because they just outed him and not because he's one of their more storied characters.
    This sums my feelings about this up completely

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Jo Mullein is queer too though
    I guess since Alan is gay while Jo is Bi they feel he's more notable to promote, that and he's an older character.

Extraordinary Member

I wish they showed Molly’s reaction and her and Alan’s current status.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess since Alan is gay while Jo is Bi they feel he's more notable to promote, that and he's an older character.
    Maybe she is not catching on and they are already throwing her under the bus?

Maybe she is not catching on and they are already throwing her under the bus?
    I thought Far Sector sold decently? Although maybe that was just critical buzz.

I have no idea, I'm just throwing out random questions

Jo is not getting thrown under any buses.

She's still bisexual.

As far as outside media goes, it most certainly will. If I remember correctly the main thing the press release of the HBO Max GL show mentions about him is that he's a gay man, though it's really odd he won't be showing up in the Justice Society: World War II animated movie that comes out soon. Freaking Hourman will be there but Alan won't be. Go figure.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-13-2021 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    As far as outside media goes, he most certainly will. If I remember correctly the main thing the press release of the HBO Max GL show mentions about him is that he's a gay man, though it's really odd why he won't be showing up in the Justice Society: World War II animated movie that comes out soon. Freaking Hourman will be there but Alan won't be. Go figure.
    I thought for sure Matt Bomer would be playing him (even if the whole gay typecast might've been too much) but then he ended up playing Barry.

I always line up the Green Lanterns as such

Alan Scott- The Wise Elder Statesman

Hal Jordan- The Strong Hotshot with the ability to inspire

John Stewart- The capable leader and good friend

Guy Gardner- The arrogant ****** with a heart of gold

Kyle Rayner- The kid who became a hero in their time of need

Jessica and Simon- The two new kids, one who had to learn to get over her fear and the other who had to deal with the difficulties that life presented him with.

Not sure where to put Jo yet, but I’m thinking intelligent fun cop. I didn’t read Tai so don’t know about him, and not sure I should even count Teen Lantern yet (she’s alright but technically she’s not a lantern and it really depends on her staying power).
    Last edited by sifighter; 03-12-2021 at 09:00 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    As far as outside media goes, it most certainly will. If I remember correctly the main thing the press release of the HBO Max GL show mentions about him is that he's a gay man, though it's really odd he won't be showing up in the Justice Society: World War II animated movie that comes out soon. Freaking Hourman will be there but Alan won't be. Go figure.
    Would be cool if the JSA was split into two and the second team was fighting in the Pacific theater. The second team could be Alan, Starman, Doc Midnight, Atom, Wildcat, and Dr Fate.

Oh hey look, a green lantern interview by Thorne. He talks about all the lanterns a little bit, so I think it is fair to post this here.

http://thegreenlanterncorps.com/excl...offrey-thorne/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.