Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I wonder what Alan will think of Simon and Jessica and......every other new Green Lantern?
    I think that Alan would get along well with Simon and Teen Lantern, unsure about Jessica and Jo.

Simon I feel Alan would respect for the hardships he’s faced in his life and yet in spite of them becoming someone better. I picked Teen Lantern because I guess she’s like in that she’s also technically not a lantern and could use a mentor in that regard, besides I think he’d be nice enough to give her that superhero internship with the JSA.

I’m unsure how Jessica would interact with him, her backgrounds vastly different of being able to overcome her crippling fear so I’m not really sure how they’d interact.

I feel like Alan and Jo meeting would be interesting or weird, she’s very much a lantern who is more of a cop and is dealing with political and racial issues where as Alan is a man who has lived through huge societal changes since the 40’s all while hiding who he really was. Like I feel either they’d really get along or they’d really argue. Like she’d be upset with him because he hid who he was and that unlike her he didn’t really have to struggle like her who is also lgbt and a black woman unlike Alan who could hide for decades as a straight white man.....but maybe I’m looking to deep, I hope I didn’t like make anyone mad with that it’s just where my brain instantly went to.
    Last edited by sifighter; 03-21-2021 at 06:12 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

GLs and other Lantern mythos-related stuff from the WW 80th Anniversary HeroClix set.

Last edited by Gaius; 03-21-2021 at 09:52 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    GLs and other Lantern mythos-related stuff from the WW 80th Anniversary HeroClix set.

Those look really great. I like Yellow Lantern Hal.

Extraordinary Member

DC Festival of Heroes Introduces Monkey Prince!
    “Dress Code” – Green Lantern Tai Pham makes his first comic book debut in this story by Green Lantern: Legacy writer Minh Lê with artist Trung Le Nguyen. Green Lantern is fighting with Arkillo, and the villain taunts him for his costume “looking like a dress.” This reminds Tai of a memory with his dead grandmother who he inherited his powers from.

Nice to see Tai in a new story .

I didn't read the OGN, but is there any way to make Tai's origin fit with GL canon, with his grandmother being a GL and him being one just because his grandmother was? (and the fact that she was able to keep a ring rather than have it go to her successor) Or will he just have to be from another Earth?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I didn't read the OGN, but is there any way to make Tai's origin fit with GL canon, with his grandmother being a GL and him being one just because his grandmother was? (and the fact that she was able to keep a ring rather than have it go to her successor) Or will he just have to be from another Earth?
    That set-up reminds me of Arisia, and her family.

Is there anything wrong with him being from another universe?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    No not really, given how anyone can pretty much jump along the omniverse now I can't see why it would be a problem.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Presumably for the Asian Superhero Special

https://twitter.com/Trungles/status/1379534857370365957

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Another Earth makes the most sense given the hereditary element to the story since that doesn't seem to be a thing with GL rings in the main universe.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Aside from those who would go "not in continuity, doesn't matter," not really.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    I love these guys .