Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Oh hey, Tai is apparently getting a sequel series where he gets work with a new Female Kid Flash. Same creative team for Legacy on Green Lantern: Alliance.

https://screenrant.com/dc-new-flash-...graphic-novel/

“ It’s only been a few months since Green Lantern Tai Pham inherited his ring from his ba and defeated his nemesis, Xander Griffin. But Tai knows their last battle was only the beginning—and even though no one believes him, Tai is determined to prove that Xander is up to his old tricks again.

When a string of fires start popping up around Coast City, Tai finds himself stretched thin as he struggles to keep up with school, training, working at the store, and following Xander’s trail. That is, until a new hero, known as Kid Flash, shows up on the scene with an offer to help. Can the heroes find the arsonist before it’s too late?”

Out April 5th, 2022
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-27-2021 at 09:45 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Looks like Wally's daughter Iris. . .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Green Lantern #5 solicitation;

story by GEOFFREY THORNE
    art by TOM RANEY & MARCO SANTUCCI
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    ON SALE 8/3/21
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
    card stock variant by JULIET NNEKA Price US $5.99
    Suicide Squad movie variant by FELIPE MASSAFERA

As Far Sector’s Jo Mullein begins to investigate the suspects most likely responsible for the destruction of the Green Lantern Corps, she winds up face-to-face with one of its greatest enemies—Sinestro. Was this the former Green Lantern’s plan all along? Did he destroy the Green Lantern’s Central Power Battery so his Sinestro Corps could take over the empty sectors of space? While Jo searches for answers, John Stewart attempts to fight his way out of the uncharted and unregulated dark sectors of space—with no ring to help protect or guide him. Searching for the other missing Lanterns, John realizes they may not all make it home.

Variant for the Annual

The solicit sounds awesome, and the covers look great.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Oh hey, Tai is apparently getting a sequel series where he gets work with a new Female Kid Flash. Same creative team for Legacy on Green Lantern: Alliance.
    This one interests me more than the first one. Was the first one particularly good? I don't imagine there will be a lot of story to catch up on if I just get the second one - the description seems to set the stage nicely.

“ It’s only been a few months since Green Lantern Tai Pham inherited his ring from his ba and defeated his nemesis, Xander Griffin. But Tai knows their last battle was only the beginning—and even though no one believes him, Tai is determined to prove that Xander is up to his old tricks again.

When a string of fires start popping up around Coast City, Tai finds himself stretched thin as he struggles to keep up with school, training, working at the store, and following Xander’s trail. That is, until a new hero, known as Kid Flash, shows up on the scene with an offer to help. Can the heroes find the arsonist before it’s too late?”

Out April 5th, 2022
    Wow! I think this is the second DC Graphic Novel to get a sequel book (other than the Super Sons one) .

It wouldn't be a GL without a Flash! Although she kind of looks like Jesse.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    This one interests me more than the first one. Was the first one particularly good? I don't imagine there will be a lot of story to catch up on if I just get the second one - the description seems to set the stage nicely.
    I thought it was a pretty fun and cute book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow! I think this is the second DC Graphic Novel to get a sequel book (other than the Super Sons one) .
    Well, technically, Kami Garcia's Teen Titans stuff were in production before?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Future looking bright for the Green Lantern franchise.

Out April 5th, 2022
    GLs and Flashes. A multiverse concept apparently.

Lee Toland Krieger To Direct First Two Episodes Of ‘Green Lantern’ HBO Max Series
    Green Lantern marks Krieger’s first project for HBO Max and continues his frequent collaboration with Berlanti Productions and WBTV. Most recently, he directed the pilot and second episode of the DC drama Superman & Lois. He previously directed the first three episodes and the first-season finale of Riverdale, the first two episodes of the dramatic thriller You, the first two episodes of the supernatural horror Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, and the pilot of the drama Prodigal Son. He also directed the first two episodes of Netflix’s Shadow and Bone and directed the feature films The Age of Adaline and Celeste & Jesse Forever. Krieger is represented by UTA, Anonymous Content, and Nelson Davis.
    This is good news. The pilot of Superman & Lois was really solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Oh cool, Link's a Green Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Lee Toland Krieger To Direct First Two Episodes Of ‘Green Lantern’ HBO Max Series

This is good news. The pilot of Superman & Lois was really solid.
    Nice. The first two episodes of Shadow & Bone were also good. The various characters all got memorable introductions, which bodes well for an ensemble cast.

Funnily enough, I wouldn't have watched Shadow & Bone if Geoffrey Thorne hadn't complimented it so much on his Twitter.

I think today's issue of Green Lantern was pretty good, and honestly I appreciated how Thorne/Redjack divided up the story between John and Jo as their narratives are equally important to the main plot and this way no one is left out for an issue. For those who don't know what I mean, the front half of the book is focused solely on John Stewart and all those who are with him while the back half switches over to Jo, Simon, and Keli with how they start to deal with the aftermath of last issue. So with that instead of writing up another discussion thread I'm just going talk here if that is okay.

I'll start with John if that is okay, but bear in mind that it can be a tad confusing but suffice to say that this is getting us closer to what we saw in Future State. John basically is put in a type of mind machine and it gives us a flashback of sorts to what happened after the 1000 corpsmen got to the dark sector and of course the lost of his ring. But of course even with out a ring you can't take the green lantern out of John so by the end of the issue he makes a mock Green Lantern/almost star trek looking suit, hover boots, and a gun to go save people from the warriors who worshiped the God in Red on his own who he might have underestimated. Basically I think we should expect the start to Warrior Strategist John that we saw in January and February, although personally I like seeing him have fun with those hover boots because I’d do the exact same thing. An odd thing though is we don't know how long its been, he wakes up with a beard and then it skips 145 days (almost 5 months) so essentially John's been without a ring for what about 6 months if the math adds up which I'm not sure how that adds up with Jo, plus it seems like there may be a time issue in the Dark Sector. I think we should keep an eye on timelines but who knows what is going on with the surviving quest lanterns in all this time.

Now onto Jo who may require some big spoiler boxes for her part of the story because she's got a lot on her shoulders. Because not only is she the only active green lantern on Oa because of her unique ring but she's got to deal with the politics of the United Planets which she is not cool with. I guess the Guardians are also gone or something, it's not clear what happened to them when the battery went Boom, though I assume they are dead. Anyway besides finding the wounded and injured and having to work with the United Planets to find missing or dead lanterns out in space, she's also working with Simon, now with an upgraded arm gun instead of a pistol, to find out what the hell happened to the Battery.

However there are some big surprises here or there and I will say read at own risk of spoilers, because we see some of the other lanterns this issue.

spoilers:
    Kyle Rayner is seen on a slab with his ring contained, so he's alive but captured, Arisia looks to be floating in the vacuum of space, and as for others we see some dead in space or fighting/surviving on remote worlds

However probably the most important Jo is broadcasting on the Lantern radio via her ring that any lanterns still with power should stay away, because for now whoever did this is focused on her as the sole lantern but if they don't hear from her then they should come back to avenge OA, and we see that the one listening to Jo in non-other then a still active and powered up Hal Jordan back at Justice League HQ.
    end of spoilers

Overall I do really like how this issue was setup, I appreciate that we get an even sharing of John and Jo which I hope continues on. I think both are dealing with big issues and I look forward to seeing how this all goes down for the Lantern Corps.
    Last edited by sifighter; 06-01-2021 at 10:47 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

I think today's issue of Green Lantern was pretty good, and honestly I appreciated how Thorne/Redjack divided up the story between John and Jo as their narratives are equally important to the main plot and this way no one is left out for an issue. For those who don't know what I mean, the front half of the book is focused solely on John Stewart and all those who are with him while the back half switches over to Jo, Simon, and Keli with how they start to deal with the aftermath of last issue. So with that instead of writing up another discussion thread I'm just going talk here if that is okay.

I'll start with John if that is okay, but bear in mind that it can be a tad confusing but suffice to say that this is getting us closer to what we saw in Future State. John basically is put in a type of mind machine and it gives us a flashback of sorts to what happened after the 1000 corpsmen got to the dark sector, which is that they did establish a base of operations and flew off but then John's ring went haywire and he got found by what I think is the alien woman from the Future State. But of course even with out a ring you can't take the green lantern out of John so he makes a mock Green Lantern/almost star trek looking suit, hover boots, and a gun to go save people from the warriors who worshiped the God in Red on his own who he might have underestimated. Basically I think we should expect the start to Warrior Rebel John, although personally I like seeing him have fun with those hover boots. Another odd thing though is we don't know how long its been, he wakes up with a beard and then it skips 145 days (almost 5 months) so essentially John's been without a ring for what about 6 months if the math adds up which I'm not sure how that adds up with Jo, plus it seems like there may be a time issue in the Dark Sector. I think we should keep an eye on timelines

Now onto Jo who may require some big spoiler boxes for her part of the story because she's got a lot on her shoulders. Because not only is she the only active green lantern on Oa because of her unique ring but she's got to deal with the politics of the United Planets because as the only surviving lantern of Oa she's the sole ambassador to UP, which she is not cool with. I guess the Guardians are also gone or something, it's not clear what happened to them when the battery went Boom, though I assume they are dead.Anyway besides finding the wounded and injured and having to work with the United Planets to find missing or dead lanterns out in space, she's also working with Simon, now with an upgraded arm gun instead of a pistol, to find out what the hell happened to the Battery.

However there are some big surprises here or there and I will say read at own risk of spoilers, because we see some of the other lanterns this issue.

spoilers:
    Kyle Rayner is seen on a slab with his ring contained, so he's alive but captured, Arisia looks to be floating in the vacuum of space, and as for others we see some dead in space or fighting/surviving on remote worlds

However probably the most important Jo is broadcasting on the Lantern radio via her ring that any lanterns still with power should stay away, because for now whoever did this is focused on her as the sole lantern but if they don't hear from her then they should come back to avenge OA, and we see that the one listening to Jo in non-other then a still active and powered up Hal Jordan back at Justice League HQ.
    end of spoilers

Overall I do really like how this issue was setup, I appreciate that we get an even sharing of John and Jo which I hope continues on. I think both are dealing with big issues and I look forward to seeing how this all goes down for the Lantern Corps.
    I'm glad see Kyle was confirmed as alive and hospitalized, but Arisa floating in space being very likely dead really depresses me, and is putting enough of downer on things to cancel out much of the joy I'd be feeling from Kyle being alive.

I'm going to be honest, this series and direction is really not doing it for me right now. I've been having some apprehensions since the second issue, and dwelling on them in between is just making them grow. This issue really didn't really do anything to get me back on board. I'm considering dropping it for now and waiting until things have recovered and settled somewhat, most main Lantern's rings are back online, and we get some confirmations on which established characters may have been killed off.

I'll start with John if that is okay, but bear in mind that it can be a tad confusing but suffice to say that this is getting us closer to what we saw in Future State. John basically is put in a type of mind machine and it gives us a flashback of sorts to what happened after the 1000 corpsmen got to the dark sector and of course the lost of his ring. But of course even with out a ring you can't take the green lantern out of John so by the end of the issue he makes a mock Green Lantern/almost star trek looking suit, hover boots, and a gun to go save people from the warriors who worshiped the God in Red on his own who he might have underestimated. Basically I think we should expect the start to Warrior Strategist John that we saw in January and February, although personally I like seeing him have fun with those hover boots because I’d do the exact same thing. An odd thing though is we don't know how long its been, he wakes up with a beard and then it skips 145 days (almost 5 months) so essentially John's been without a ring for what about 6 months if the math adds up which I'm not sure how that adds up with Jo, plus it seems like there may be a time issue in the Dark Sector. I think we should keep an eye on timelines but who knows what is going on with the surviving quest lanterns in all this time.

Now onto Jo who may require some big spoiler boxes for her part of the story because she's got a lot on her shoulders. Because not only is she the only active green lantern on Oa because of her unique ring but she's got to deal with the politics of the United Planets which she is not cool with. I guess the Guardians are also gone or something, it's not clear what happened to them when the battery went Boom, though I assume they are dead. Anyway besides finding the wounded and injured and having to work with the United Planets to find missing or dead lanterns out in space, she's also working with Simon, now with an upgraded arm gun instead of a pistol, to find out what the hell happened to the Battery.

spoilers:

end of spoilers

Some interesting stuff. I'm trade-waiting, so looking forward to picking it up.