Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Here's hoping a resurrection in not too long a wait.

Extraordinary Member

What if when Tai Pham crosses over to main Earth, he brings Arisia with him?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I'd rather that the main universe Arisia just get brought back to life than replace her with an AU counterpart. Grabbing an AU counterpart really isn't better than replacing her with another member of her species. I want her death undone, not for her to be replaced.

Astonishing Member

Thai Pham?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Thai Pham?
    From Green Lantern: Legacy.

Yeah, Tai is an actual teenage Green Lantern, unlike Keli "Teen Lantern" Quintela. Perhaps Will suggested porting Arisia from his universe because a teenage GL is now acceptable? It wouldn't be the same character GL fans know though, so I can imagine most fans won't like that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well the writer has talked about Tai Pham crossing over to main Earth. Don't know if it will happen or not.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Tai is an actual teenage Green Lantern, unlike Keli "Teen Lantern" Quintela. Perhaps Will suggested porting Arisia from his universe because a teenage GL is now acceptable? It wouldn't be the same character GL fans know though, so I can imagine most fans won't like that.
    Marvel has done it in the past.

Nightcrawler is dead for a few years, meanwhile Age of Apocalypse Nightcrawler is on X-Force.
    Wolverine is dead for a few years, meanwhile here is Old Man Logan in the present.
    Bruce Banner/Hulk is dead for a few years, meanwhile here is the Maestro from Secret Wars in the main universe.
    Jean Grey is dead, well here’s the original 5 X-men as teens from the past.

Manhunters never looked better than in Earth One.

BANNED

IMO, they looked better in the GL video game.

No Man Escapes the Manhunters:

Vordan posted this interview in John's thread, but I think it is relevant to this thread as well: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/in...green-lantern/

Interesting things, at least to me:

Battery being gone was editorial decision. Thorne just had to decided how and what happens then.
    Talks about character uniqueness, from what I understand he basically doesn't like that we got lots of GLs being practically identical.
    "All seven of the ‘core’ Lanterns are going to go through some changes, with the possible exceptions of Jo and Hal; those two may come out the least modified."

Last one is interesting. Jo and Hal now have their own power sources so makes me wonder if that was also editorial decision and not something that the writers of Jo and Hal came up with themselves.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

A lot of interesting stuff in that interview. Man, GLs are going to be a rare sight in the DC universe going forward aren't they? 2200 (1200 in Thorne's mind) lone wandering knights as ducklord put it. I think that's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Vordan posted this interview in John's thread, but I think it is relevant to this thread as well: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/in...green-lantern/

Interesting things, at least to me:

Battery being gone was editorial decision. Thorne just had to decided how and what happens then.
    Talks about character uniqueness, from what I understand he basically doesn't like that we got lots of GLs being practically identical.
    "All seven of the ‘core’ Lanterns are going to go through some changes, with the possible exceptions of Jo and Hal; those two may come out the least modified."

Last one is interesting. Jo and Hal now have their own power sources so makes me wonder if that was also editorial decision and not something that the writers of Jo and Hal came up with themselves.
    Why am I not surprised that DC came up with another Corps. shattering storyline?

Weren't Jo and Hal's rings already special? So that doesn't really surprise me.

Simon is also kind of special, but they've never really developed that aspect much.

Jessica is becoming a Yellow Lantern.

People are speculating John is going to get his Guardian powers back.

I guess the question is what happens with Guy and Kyle.

Isn't the point that the personalities inform how the GL's are unique? Like the whole sequence in Rebirth where Hal talks about how each GL uses their constructs differently because of their personality.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    A lot of interesting stuff in that interview. Man, GLs are going to be a rare sight in the DC universe going forward aren't they? 2200 (1200 in Thorne's mind) lone wandering knights as ducklord put it. I think that's pretty cool.
    I just imagine some lone GL in some empty region of space, with hardly any planets and no life, stumbling across an inactive spaceship and going inside to investigate. Air rushes out of the ship as the GL enters, and the entire ship feels empty and lifeless. There's no backup anywhere nearby if things go south. Seems like a great set up for a horror scenario.