Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hal the only one with luxurious long hair .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post

Some fan art
    Both actors are too dang short.

If what the article speculates is true, I just hope they find a good balance between social commentary and space opera. The GLC as an organization that has always been about all races and wildly varying life forms coming together for the common good has added relevance today. I just hope they're not heavy-handed about it and tell a good story rather than sermonize. Comparing it to "Watchmen" is a high bar because despite being full of social commentary, didn't lose sight of being a compelling drama.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    If what the article speculates is true, I just hope they find a good balance between social commentary and space opera. The GLC as an organization that has always been about all races and wildly varying life forms coming together for the common good has added relevance today. I just hope they're not heavy-handed about it and tell a good story rather than sermonize. Comparing it to "Watchmen" is a high bar because despite being full of social commentary, didn't lose sight of being a compelling drama.
    To be honest I don't need a depressing and dark GL show just to seem relevant.

Not that it shouldn't be serious or have weight to it, but the spectacle and wonder is pretty important in my opinion.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest I don't need a depressing and dark GL show just to seem relevant.

Not that it shouldn't be serious or have weight to it, but the spectacle and wonder is pretty important in my opinion.
    I'm really hoping that its something I can share and enjoy with the whole family.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I'm really hoping that its something I can share and enjoy with the whole family.
    Same here .

A good GLC movie or show should be more like how a good Star Trek show/movie. Lots of social commentary and dealing with sensitive issues but in a hopeful, 'things will get better once we accept and take joy in our differences' kind of way.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    A good GLC movie or show should be more like how a good Star Trek show/movie. Lots of social commentary and dealing with sensitive issues but in a hopeful, 'things will get better once we accept and take joy in our differences' kind of way.
    Yep, pretty much.

GL:TAS was also kind of Trek-ish with them stumbling onto problems on other planets in-between the main season arc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Sprinkled with action.

Alan Scott question - does Capitol City have a generally accepted location?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Alan Scott question - does Capitol City have a generally accepted location?
    New York City.

See also Metropolis, Gotham City, National City, Civic City, and Appleton City

BANNED

Don't forget Empire City.