Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253545556 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Cyborg looks pretty cool with an afro
    It certainly stands out .

Looks like they're going with his 80's design too.
    That's what I was thinking. I don't care much for the eye patch. I think they avoided giving her a domino mask, so she can be more distinct from Hal and Kyle in the comics.
    It is a distinctly Jessica thing, like Kyle has his huge mask, Guy and John don't have them, Jo has her visor...

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm guessing the GL symbol over one eye doesn't look so great when mapped over the contours of an animated 3D face.
    Some designs don't always translate well to some media or styles. I like the eye patch but I can see it but working in live action, for example.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-03-2021 at 07:46 AM.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

What drives me up the wall is DC had the perfect GL title for a time that would also translate perfectly to either animation or live action.
    The GL Recharge mini IMO, was the highlight of the GL titles at the time.
    Honour Lanterns Rayner & Gardner working together against the Spider Guild in the Forbidden Sector.
    The banter between the two actually reminded me of the dynamic of Sam & Dean Winchester, which I thought worked brilliantly (Sam = Kyle Dean = Guy).

And then there's the GL 'Black Ops' division that I thought had a lot of legs, yet was never touched upon again (at least not while I was still reading. I dropped everything GL with Johns' last issue).
    Come to think of it, never mind the animation or live action, how about relaunching the GLC with Guy and Kyle?
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Solicit for #12

GREEN LANTERN #12
    Written by GEOFFREY THORNE
    Art by TOM RANEY and MARCO SANTUCCI
    Cover by BERNARD CHANG
    Variant cover by ALAN QUAH
    $4.99 US | 40 pages | $5.99 US Variant (card stock)
    ON SALE 3/1/22
    As the dust settles after the battle with the Anti-Guardian, John Stewart, Jo Mullein, and the rest of the Corps pick up the pieces and adjust to their new status quo. The day might be saved, but there's still plenty of work to be done. Everything you know about Green Lanterns is about to change!

"Pick up the pieces and adjust to the new status quo" how many times has this been repeated for the Corps.?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Laimbeer View Post
    It would be kind of funny if, on the next arc, nothing in this current run even happened. John Stewart is in his old costume and the story just picks up in some random spot without ever acknowledging this story.
    I mean, it's really not that farfetched a prospect with the way comics work much of the time these days
    It would be VERY disappointing if that ever happens, because whether anyone has fondness of the story or not, it would be all for nothing. As I said in the other thread, no character cannot advance that way if stories are just disregarded. That's the last thing this franchise really needs

So... is Arisia alive now? Let's see if she manages to sneak by and stay on the cover by the time it sees print.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    So... is Arisia alive now? Let's see if she manages to sneak by and stay on the cover by the time it sees print.
    It would be kind of hilarious if her survival was as confirmed as her death was. She's just randomly there with no explanation .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be kind of hilarious if her survival was as confirmed as her death was. She's just randomly there with no explanation .
    Well there's a few issues left before this story arc ends. So hopefully there would be some kind of explanation before this arc wraps up.

This Chang cover definitely makes me wish for a "Green Lantern: Black, White, and Green" book one day.

This Chang cover definitely makes me wish for a "Green Lantern: Black, White, and Green" book one day.

I think the franchise is do an anthology book.

Incredible Member

I noticed Arisia is on this cover. How likely it is that Thorne is undoing her death from earlier in his run and it's not just a cover mistake? Because Her being killed off so cheaply and disposably is what drove me to drop the book.

Astonishing Member

If the meaningless deaths are done away with I have less of a problem with this storyline continuing. If Arisia is still "dead" bring on the next reboot.

Isn’t Arisa’s power to adapt and survive harsh elements and attacks near death? Because I’m pretty sure that’s how she survived the whole Parallax thing.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

When Hal attained Godhood during the "Darkseid War" he brought back John and the rest. Perhaps resurrection is one of John's new powers? (bring on Katma!)