Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    but your insistence that this has to be some thinly veiled attack against everyone else is proving my point. tumblr isn't a hive mind like here, it's not a fan message board it's a social media platform with hundreds if not thousands of sub cultural pockets. it is a meme post, no one is thinking THAT deeply about it. now maybe I'm misunderstanding your point, I can't speak to the posting of it on this platform but as for the image itself, especially within the tumblr context, I don't think it's as deep or malicious as you think but because it doesn't agree with your perception of John (which appears to be what your arguing on the post above this one).
    I'm sure the conversation is indeed very different on tumblr. But we're not on tumblr, we're on the CBR forums.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'm sure the conversation is indeed very different on tumblr. But we're not on tumblr, we're on the CBR forums.
    I agree, my point exactly.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Dress for success
    Aaaah! Kill it with fire!

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Default found some alien profiles on google

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Robanker isn't saying anything deep, how else can you read that meme?
    I read it as a typical tumblr joke. Let's say if the roles were switched with John and Hal, I wouldn't feel any different to be honest.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I read it as a meme, they took some characters they like and aligned them in goofy positions. Robanker is insistent that because one character is in a goofy position that it's some how some slight against the other goofy positions; it's not, it's a meme. within the context of tumblr I highly doubt the person making the meme really cared that deeply. the humor doesn't translate here because people here DO care that deeply because this is a niche platform catered to these characters; and that kind of malicious tribalism behavior that is being projected on to the meme is far more likely here. what's the intent for posting it here, I can't speak to, but it's just meme from tumblr; you're meant to chuckle and scroll.
    I'm arguing it's a meme to build up John at the other's expense. That's not really the issue, just that it shouldn't be in the general GL thread which is about appreciating all the GLs when this does betray a pretty hard bias against the others. It's the action, not the image.

In any case, these threads are supposed to be fun and I've said my peace, so I'll refrain from continuing the conversation.

I have a feeling there's going to be an upcoming Green Lantern Corps book coming out sometime.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I loved Boodikka! And while I was a little annoyed that she was radically altered to serve the "Alpha Lanterns" story, I got over it because at least she got considerable panel time for a minute.

But then I realized the whole thing was Johns' plot to cull GL's he didn't create/want to use... *sigh*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I read it as a typical tumblr joke. Let's say if the roles were switched with John and Hal, I wouldn't feel any different to be honest.
    *coughs* bullshit *coughs*

I loved Boodikka! And while I was a little annoyed that she was radically altered to serve the "Alpha Lanterns" story, I got over it because at least she got considerable panel time for a minute.

But then I realized the whole thing was Johns' plot to cull GL's he didn't create/want to use... *sigh*
    Oh damn, you’re right. Just realized that.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Yeah, unfortunately that's what it felt like to me. It's like they realized with Iolande, they don't need another lavender lady GL. I miss Boodikka. Hell, a lot of the older Lanterns don't get used anymore. When's the last time we really saw Arisia or sweet, sweet Chaselon?

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately that's what it felt like to me. It's like they realized with Iolande, they don't need another lavender lady GL. I miss Boodikka. Hell, a lot of the older Lanterns don't get used anymore. When's the last time we really saw Arisia or sweet, sweet Chaselon?
    Poor sweet Chaselon...

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Poor sweet Chaselon...