Mighty Member

Default Marvel 616 Japanese Spider-Man

watched this episode in this series. There was a lot of heart to it. I thought it interesting how it is Spider-Man in the sense of the costume and shooting of webbing. The rest was just tailor made for the Japanese audience at the time. I got a real kick out of how Stan Lee with the other Marvel execs, they thought the pilot was terrible and he just stands up applauding and saying that it was great. I'm glad that he showed some love for the show.

It was great. Only thing i hated was miss america's show was barley talked about at all. Marvel first big female hero and marvels superman in ww2 and she has been treated like trash at marvel for years! Not shocked they barley talk about her at all.

I think there was a brief period in which Scarlet Witch was considered her daughter in the comics (With Quicksilver her son), with Whizzer as the father (There is a small resemblance, especially in the way Wanda's hair was drawn sometimes). However, this was retconned into the Magneto thing eventually (and then of course that was later retconned itself) and their real son was considerably different: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuklo

Of course only the character has really been retired, the name is currently still in use.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-05-2021 at 10:34 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Wanda and quicksilvers history is a mess.

That's definitely true.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    It was great. Only thing i hated was miss america's show was barley talked about at all. Marvel first big female hero and marvels superman in ww2 and she has been treated like trash at marvel for years! Not shocked they barley talk about her at all.
    Which episode was this? The one with Louise Simonson, Ann Nocenti and the other female writers? That was a decent one too.

Astonishing Member

The problem is that her actress didn't speak Japanese well, so it's understandable.

Mighty Member

Any links to this? Are there episodes on YouTube?

Disney plus has it. I can kind of see why they didn't talk to much about battle fever j as they may have just wanted to focus on the japan spider-man series.