Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean...Babs was known as the dominoed daredoll...
    I wonder why? The dominoed part refers to a domino mask, but Babs usually wears a cowl instead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Not necessarily. The kids who watch this may probably never pick up Cass's original series so there is less chance for confusion. On the other hand, this does give Cass mainstream exposure and DC has shown they are okay with not every adaptation's take on a character matching up 100% with everything else (see Aquaman or Artemis Crock).

Granted, this all depends on what the future holds for Cass in comics and other media.
    ಠ_ಠ

How reassuring. Nobody will give a ****.

That was freaking awesome. Another book I have to get today. Thank you for the heads up!

Extraordinary Member

As has been posted in the Batgirls and Steph threads, the Baigirls book is official now, so Cass will be co-starring in a comic starting in December.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/09/15/dc...tgirls-1-2021/

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I mean...Babs was known as the dominoed daredoll...
    I've never heard that phrase before
    Somebody was able to avoid a certain person or two who was/were adamant über-pro-"Barbara-IS-Batgirl" fan(s) and woe unto anybody who said they liked Babs as Oracle instead!

More Steph and Cass! Yay !

More Steph and Cass! Yay !
    It will be awesome see them together even more.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    As has been posted in the Batgirls and Steph threads, the Baigirls book is official now, so Cass will be co-starring in a comic starting in December.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/09/15/dc...tgirls-1-2021/
    Yeeeeeeeeessss!!!
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Interestingly, in Infinite Frontier #6, Thomas Wayne (Flashpoint Batman) lists Dick, Jason, Tim, Stephanie, Cass, Duke and Damian as Bruce's children. I am ecstatic that Cassandra has once again been listed as part of the Wayne family but I didn't think Stephanie had been adopted as she still has a mother. Tim I don't know the status of either since the Dark Metal reset, are his parents alive or dead now?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthborn View Post
    Interestingly, in Infinite Frontier #6, Thomas Wayne (Flashpoint Batman) lists Dick, Jason, Tim, Stephanie, Cass, Duke and Damian as Bruce's children. I am ecstatic that Cassandra has once again been listed as part of the Wayne family but I didn't think Stephanie had been adopted as she still has a mother. Tim I don't know the status of either since the Dark Metal reset, are his parents alive or dead now?
    Based on Urban legends 6, Tim was officially adopted.

I'm not sure how much we can read into Cass being adopted based on what Thomas Wayne said, as he basically just listed all of Batman's proteges (minus Babs).
    I think that's basically just Williamson apologizing for including only Damian as Batman's son in previous issues, so this time he included everyone that Batman ever mentored.

For example, Babs wasn't mentioned as part of the family here, but she was listed as part of Batman's family in Truth & Justice 6, and was also weirdly included in Damian's list of "adopted sisters" in the Festival of Asian superheroes.
    Duke was mentioned as Batman's child by Thomas, but was not a part of the family members listed in Truth & Justice 6, wasn't a part of the family members depicted in Jason and Bruce's family hallucinations, and wasn't included amongst Dick's brothers when he listed them.
    So the entire question of who is part of the family is a literal mess right now.

I think that canonically Duke was never adopted and Stephanie was never adopted.
    Since Death metal, Dick referred to Bruce as "father", so it's safe to assume he was adopted and referred only to Jason, Tim and Damian as brothers, so we know that all the male Robins are canonically part of the Wayne family right now, and Cass's status seems a bit unclear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Based on Urban legends 6, Tim was officially adopted.

I'm not sure how much we can read into Cass being adopted based on what Thomas Wayne said, as he basically just listed all of Batman's proteges (minus Babs).
    I think that's basically just Williamson apologizing for including only Damian as Batman's son in previous issues, so this time he included everyone that Batman ever mentored.

For example, Babs wasn't mentioned as part of the family here, but she was listed as part of Batman's family in Truth & Justice 6, and was also weirdly included in Damian's list of "adopted sisters" in the Festival of Asian superheroes.
    Duke was mentioned as Batman's child by Thomas, but was not a part of the family members listed in Truth & Justice 6, wasn't a part of the family members depicted in Jason and Bruce's family hallucinations, and wasn't included amongst Dick's brothers when he listed them.
    So the entire question of who is part of the family is a literal mess right now.

I think that canonically Duke was never adopted and Stephanie was never adopted.
    Since Death metal, Dick referred to Bruce as "father", so it's safe to assume he was adopted and referred only to Jason, Tim and Damian as brothers, so we know that all the male Robins are canonically part of the Wayne family right now, and Cass's status seems a bit unclear.
    Family is too big for writers to keep it consistent who the proper kids are .

Family is too big for writers to keep it consistent who the proper kids are .
    And I think terms like "brothers", "sisters", and "family" are used here not always in the legal sense but more in the spiritual connection (like "bothers in arms" with shared purposes).

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthborn View Post
    Bendis brought Cluemaster back to life in Young Justice. It was Steph's "arc" in the series learning he was alive and seeking him out to of course "spoil" his criminal enterprise. Likewise, there was a bit of dialogue during their confrontation that Steph and her mom were on speaking terms again and in counseling. Course this was all "pre-Metal".
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Yeah, Steph is in the same situation as Barbara. Parent alive, so isn't part of the Wayne family. But IS part of the Bat family. They'd only become officially part of the Wayne family if they married Tim and Dick respectively.

Cass ought to now be a Wayne (even if she does keep her Cain last name) if her pre-Flashpoint history has been restored. She definitely knows of it at least, and has done since the end of Tynion's Detective Comics run, when she and Steph learned that they used to be Batgirls.

Duke's only adopted in that new Webtoon comic.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cass ought to now be a Wayne (even if she does keep her Cain last name) if her pre-Flashpoint history has been restored. She definitely knows of it at least, and has done since the end of Tynion's Detective Comics run, when she and Steph learned that they used to be Batgirls.
    Cassandra's Pre-Flashpoint story hasn't been restored.

The idea of Death Metal that characters will remember all their past stories would never work. At the end, it's just an excuse for writers to take parts of the story they want.

They will continue with Cassandra's introduction by Tynion. That's why Cassandra would be a teenager in Batgirls.