Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthborn View Post
    Been watching the latest Young Justice episode and I just love Barbara's line: "Say the word and you will have the ENTIRE Bat Family enroute to Santa Prisca." In regards to Cassandra's capture. I just love the imagery of the entire clan coming down on the League for Cass.
    I'm hoping that actually happens .

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    In fact, the "We've been calling her Batgirl" is for Stephanie, while the "We just call her Batgirl" is for Cassandra.

Attachment 115727

I wonder how the writers will handle two characters using the same codename (Batgirl).
    Babs and Steph have other codenames they can fall back on. Cass only has Batgirl that really fits her (Orphan is terrible and DC doesn't fully own the Black Bat trademark). I don't know why they can't just call Steph 'Spoiler' and Babs 'Oracle' with Cass as the 'Batgirl'. Maybe that's where the series will end up at some point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Babs and Steph have other codenames they can fall back on. Cass only has Batgirl that really fits her (Orphan is terrible and DC doesn't fully own the Black Bat trademark). I don't know why they can't just call Steph 'Spoiler' and Babs 'Oracle' with Cass as the 'Batgirl'. Maybe that's where the series will end up at some point.
    I think it's pretty possible that Barbara will be called Oracle in Batgirls. After all, she seems to have that role a good amount of time in that comic.

However, regarding Stephanie, they want to treat Stephanie and Cassandra at similar level in Batgirls. So, they wouldn't have a main Batgirl between them.

The reason why Babs and Steph can't totally fall on other codenames is because Oracle and Spoiler (especially the later) aren't so recognizable or convenient as Batgirl.

I mean, you may think that Spoiler is better than Orphan, but it is hardly a more beneficial name.

On the other hand, Oracle has some recognizability, but it's totally linked to the wheelchair and hacker abilities. So, it would be difficult they use it if they want Barbara to fight directly in the streets.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-23-2021 at 04:58 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    This is it for me. I'm guessing the reason is because DC really is in a shared name thing right now, in general i'm not super fond of them outside of GL, they just seem more meta than something characters in univere would use.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I think it's pretty possible that Barbara will be called Oracle in Batgirls. After all, she seems to have that role a good amount of time in that comic.

However, regarding Stephanie, they want to treat Stephanie and Cassandra at similar level in Batgirls. So, they wouldn't have a main Batgirl between them.

The reason why Babs and Steph can't totally fall on other codenames is because Oracle and Spoiler (especially the later) aren't so recognizable or convenient as Batgirl.

I mean, you may think that Spoiler is better than Orphan, but it is hardly a more beneficial name.

On the other hand, Oracle has some recognizability, but it's totally linked to the wheelchair and hacker abilities. So, it would be difficult they use it if they want Barbara to fight directly in the streets.
    It's quite likley. But they're also proabbly going to have her suit up at some point.

They are, but they also call Steph Spoiler solo while outside of the latest Tec they just call Cass Batgirl, or just Cass. Which makes her the one odd out.

Spoiler is the name Steph used for most of her history, and its the name she made herself so there's some weight there.

And DC has been using it while Barbara isnt even in a wheelchair at all.

...Vampire Cass is both hot and terrifying.

Ultimate Member

Well, at least Cass managed to beat Shiva.

Sigh...

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

Sigh...
    Or did Shiva allow her? I wonder if this will lead her to becoming Batgirl next time we see her. She's no longer an "orphan"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Or did Shiva allow her? I wonder if this will lead her to becoming Batgirl next time we see her. She's no longer an "orphan"
    Lets hope so. They did better than BoP, but this Cass was still lacking, IMO

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Lets hope so. They did better than BoP, but this Cass was still lacking, IMO
    I think they did a pretty good job on Cass. BOP we wont even speak of....but considering Cass isnt an OG or annoying Outsider from S3...the fact that she got this much development was a good surprise.

Extraordinary Member

Sigh...
    Meh yes kinda not really, shiva objective was to get her to come back so I’m not sure

Sigh...
    I hate that they fought with swords. I was so ready for Cass to start wrecking people, and she grabs another bloody sword .

At least she actually hit Shiva with a punch and a kick but would anyone know these are two of the greatest hand-to-hand fighters in the DCU with how little they actually fight people with hand-to-hand? The only point for the sword was her slicing Rictus up but she didn't even need to do that. Well, that and she gutted Shiva, but she seemed to shrug that off.

I can't even think that maybe she finally dropped the sword after not killing Shiva because she still had it around her waist when she hugged Barbara.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    The moment Babs said "Orphan can't fight her own mother!" I hope the writers realized how stupid the name is .

I will say the scene of her trying to find the bug after Babs said she tagged all of them was perfect.

Heads up Cass Fans! This week's webcomic arc seems to be focusing in Bruce missing his daughter's (Cass) premier ballet performance! Let the daddy/daughter bat drama begin! https://www.webtoons.com/en/slice-of...&episode_no=15

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthborn View Post
    Heads up Cass Fans! This week's webcomic arc seems to be focusing in Bruce missing his daughter's (Cass) premier ballet performance! Let the daddy/daughter bat drama begin! https://www.webtoons.com/en/slice-of...&episode_no=15
    I hope it's an arc, because that was a pretty sad ending...