Extraordinary Member

Default I Am Batman #4 Preview

I Am Batman #4 Preview (Uncolored)
    Writer: John Ridley
    Artists: Stephen Segovia and Christian Duce

Getting some classic Batman horror vibes...

Extraordinary Member

I Am Batman #4 Preview
    Writer: John Ridley
    Artists: Stephen Segovia and Christian Duce

Last edited by Hypo; 12-10-2021 at 01:55 PM.

Batman fighting a swat team. Gotta love it .

I'm wondering if Jace would run into the Batfamily in this issue.

I’m going to put up a discussion later but I got to be honest this was probably the weakest issue for me so far because it felt like it suffered from Post-Tynion clean up before the big New York move.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Though not a huge deal, I felt like there were some miscommunications regarding chronology here.

Last issue has Seer giving Jace his location and tells Jace to come find him. This issue starts with him tracking him down- seemingly right after- but yet references are made to law changes since Fear State, the collapse of the Magistrate, and stuff with Simon Saint that seems to contradict what was going on with him in Fear State Omega.

Otherwise, I enjoyed this issue a lot and I actually enjoy seeing some fallout from Fear State. While I thought the main story was rather disappointing, it's nice to see some fallout and characters having to handle it.

I am fearing we won't see any Jace/Bruce interactions prior to the Fox family relocation to New York, when I wish we could see them meet/interact a little bit.

The issue is Ridley wrapping up Fear State and setting up the move to NY.

It's a decent issue overall. I think you could headcanon Lucius's shift in demeanor to PTSD. Punchline's fear gas did a number on him.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-14-2021 at 11:23 AM.

Astonishing Member

Another Magistrate, but more global? Really? So, I reckon they indeed changed original plan, because it seems like out of nowhere, and there's significant contradictions with other titles.
    I guess Ridley really wants to tell the story, where Jace fights against it, even in another city.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 12-14-2021 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Another Magistrate, but more global? Really? So, I reckon they indeed changed original plan, because it seems like out of nowhere, and there's significant contradictions with other titles.
    I guess Ridley really wants to tell the story, where Jace fights against it, even in another city.
    I feel like Ridley has always wanted to use it, but now that Tynion has left and Williamson is taking over and his own Batman plans that Ridley has to change the board so that he can keep the Magistrate as a Jace focused entity.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I feel like Ridley has always wanted to use it, but now that Tynion has left and Williamson is taking over and his own Batman plans that Ridley has to change the board so that he can keep the Magistrate as a Jace focused entity.
    Considering, how many times plans drastically changed during Ridley's work in DC, I can't even imagine how pissed off he is, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Well the Magistrate always seemed primed as a Jace Fox thing, so I'm not completely surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well the Magistrate always seemed primed as a Jace Fox thing, so I'm not completely surprised.
    Yeah they always seemed primed to be a Jace foe rather than a Bruce one
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/