Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

So a new DC Encyclopedia (New Edition) has been released, this time it covers all the way up to the recent Dark Metal crisis and, yes, Cass is still in it as Orphan. Also Cass makes a cameo in the e-comic Truth and Justice. How the heck does one "collect" e-comics and is Truth and Justice part of the canon timeline or an elseworld?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthborn View Post
    So a new DC Encyclopedia (New Edition) has been released, this time it covers all the way up to the recent Dark Metal crisis and, yes, Cass is still in it as Orphan. Also Cass makes a cameo in the e-comic Truth and Justice. How the heck does one "collect" e-comics and is Truth and Justice part of the canon timeline or an elseworld?
    Hopefully they call her Batgirl in the next one.

Cass was Orphan up until that time period, so the question is if Joker War takes place after it. Then well, that's when she'll be classified as Batgirl again. The Truth & Justice story is currently available on Comixology (for 99 cents each) and will be released in print I think in just a few weeks? There's a possibility the story was from a few years ago. I mean just look at the designs the artist used (and the time period). All of it suggests that. Still, it's an amazing fun story.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    Cass was Orphan up until that time period, so the question is if Joker War takes place after it. Then well, that's when she'll be classified as Batgirl again. The Truth & Justice story is currently available on Comixology (for 99 cents each) and will be released in print I think in just a few weeks? There's a possibility the story was from a few years ago. I mean just look at the designs the artist used (and the time period). All of it suggests that. Still, it's an amazing fun story.
    The Joker War takes place before Death Metal since Dick was cured of his amnesia during Joker War and already Nightwing in Metal

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hopefully they call her Batgirl in the next one.
    Cassandra was called "One half of the Batgirls" in "Batman: Secret Files: The Signal #1".

It seems Cassandra and Stephanie are called Batgirls as a team, while Barbara is still Batgirl.

As Stephanie is still called Spoiler when she is in individual work, I think Cassandra will have her own individual identity (I hope it isn't Orphan).

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    . . . As Stephanie is still called Spoiler when she is in individual work, I think Cassandra will have her own individual identity (I hope it isn't Orphan).
    Be careful what you wish for.

I'm sure DC could come up with a worse identity than "Orphan" without even trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Cassandra was called "One half of the Batgirls" in "Batman: Secret Files: The Signal #1".

It seems Cassandra and Stephanie are called Batgirls as a team, while Barbara is still Batgirl.

As Stephanie is still called Spoiler when she is in individual work, I think Cassandra will have her own individual identity (I hope it isn't Orphan).
    They don't seem to be using the Orphan codename at all aside from a few, rare, instances so I think it's being quietly dropped.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Be careful what you wish for.

I'm sure DC could come up with a worse identity than "Orphan" without even trying.
    "Adopted" XD

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They don't seem to be using the Orphan codename at all aside from a few, rare, instances so I think it's being quietly dropped.
    Until it’s time to prompt the big Batgirl movie and Cass returns to orphan again
    It takes consistency for transitions

The name Orphan makes no sense for someone who isn't an orphan. Cass's mother is alive and if pre-Flashpoint continuity has been restored, she should be Bruce's adopted daughter again. Either call her Batgirl or give her a new codename.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The Joker War takes place before Death Metal since Dick was cured of his amnesia during Joker War and already Nightwing in Metal
    Yeah, Babs was shown in the Burnside suit in Death Metal, so Cass being in her Orphan suit there instead of Batgirl isn't reliable evidence of when they take place. Nightwing though, does confirm the order. The Batgirls just had the wrong costumes.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-08-2021 at 04:09 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

So a new DC Encyclopedia (New Edition) has been released, this time it covers all the way up to the recent Dark Metal crisis and, yes, Cass is still in it as Orphan.
    Those books will always a little behind the current comics, it just takes much time to publish one tp be completly up to date.

Also Cass makes a cameo in the e-comic Truth and Justice. How the heck does one "collect" e-comics and is Truth and Justice part of the canon timeline or an elseworld?
    Truth and Justice is published as floppies with some time after the digital version is out. The Floppie usually collects 3 digital issues.
    I don't think it is really canon, even if the characters are usually pretty close to the main continuity.

Doesn't the recent Damian Wayne one contradict Teen Titans Rebirth by redoing his 13th birthday?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The name Orphan makes no sense for someone who isn't an orphan. Cass's mother is alive and if pre-Flashpoint continuity has been restored, she should be Bruce's adopted daughter again. Either call her Batgirl or give her a new codename.
    It's always been unclear to me, Bruce says he'll look into adopting Cass then he was sent back in time.

Was Cass ever actually adopted? Is there one scene where we get confirmation that She was actually adopted?

It seems to be more fanon than canon.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Doesn't the recent Damian Wayne one contradict Teen Titans Rebirth by redoing his 13th birthday?
    yeah it doesn't appear that Truth and Justice is canon

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Was Cass ever actually adopted? Is there one scene where we get confirmation that She was actually adopted?
    I think it was confirmed in Outsiders, shortly after Batman R.I.P.

Pre-Flasjpoint is also not really completly restored, otherwise Blüdheaven would be for example still be rodiactive wasteland.