Page 16 of 56 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, I don't think they've called her that since she went back to the Batgirl costume in Joker War. If they're all together, Babs will probably be called Batgirl Prime, a name that's come up once already. Like how in Marvel, Rich Rider is Nova Prime, and Sam Alexander is just Nova.
    Cassandra was called Orphan in Future State.

Honestly, I really doubt Cassandra will be the only one called Batgirl when they are together.

That would make it seem like Cassandra's the main Batgirl, but I don't think DC is going in that direction.

So far, DC is selling Cassandra and Stephanie as Batgirl pair. The only exception has been the Asian celebration, due to obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Cassandra was called Orphan in Future State.

Honestly, I really doubt Cassandra will be the only one called Batgirl when they are together.

That would make it seem like Cassandra's the main Batgirl, but I don't think DC is going in that direction.

So far, DC is selling Cassandra and Stephanie as Batgirl pair. The only exception has been the Asian celebration, due to obvious reasons.

Funny thing is, I think that was an error. Because in Future State: Nightwing, Cass is listed as Batgirl. Also throughout Future State: Batgirls story, Cass was called Batgirl until the one moment near the end. It really feels like an error to me.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    Funny thing is, I think that was an error. Because in Future State: Nightwing, Cass is listed as Batgirl. Also throughout Future State: Batgirls story, Cass was called Batgirl until the one moment near the end. It really feels like an error to me.
    Maybe. It was a weird thing.

It's true they've never called her as Orphan until that part.

Stephanie called her as Batgirl or Cass, while Cassandra also called Stephanie as Spoiler or Batgirl.

Yeah, that Future State thing was definitely a goof. Babs and Steph both use their other codenames sometimes, but Cass seems to only be Batgirl now. Collectively, all three are Batgirls.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So I got the Batman Black and White and I gotta say I'm not too impressed with the pinup. I was expecting something a little bigger when one says "pinup", like an un-foldable page or something. This is a character art piece, not a pinup. Don't get me wrong, its still a good Cass piece (although I wish the book also had those yellow concept drawings shown previously in this thread). Just underwhelmed, I guess. (Every time I say underwhelmed or overwhelmed I hear Robin from Young Justice say "Stay whelmed!")

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthborn View Post
    So I got the Batman Black and White and I gotta say I'm not too impressed with the pinup. I was expecting something a little bigger when one says "pinup", like an un-foldable page or something. This is a character art piece, not a pinup. Don't get me wrong, its still a good Cass piece (although I wish the book also had those yellow concept drawings shown previously in this thread). Just underwhelmed, I guess. (Every time I say underwhelmed or overwhelmed I hear Robin from Young Justice say "Stay whelmed!")
    Thanks for sharing! I was going to get that book just for the pinup-now I'll pass.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Has there been a multi page pin up except whenever Jim Lee draw his five page landscape?

Cass makes a short cameo in the Oracle story for Urban Legends #2 where she, Spoiler and Nightwing are delegated by Oracle to investigate some store break in. You only see the back of her (where her costume seems to be her Orphan outfit due to it possessing a hood and her cape is yellow now for some reason) and some chatting over Oracle's radio but a cameo is a cameo.

Are her current gloves supposed to be gauntlets like that?

Batman: Urban Legends #5

story by Chip Zdarsky, Matthew Rosenberg, Meghan
    Fitzmartin, and Marguerite Bennett
    art by Eddy Barrows, Marcus To, Ryan Benjamin, Belén
    Ortega, and Sweeney Boo
    cover by David Finch
    perfect bound
    ON SALE : 7/13/21
    $7.99 US | 64 PAGES | FC | DC
    variant cover by : Tyler Kirkham
    variant cover by : Mimi Yoon

Red Hood: Meet Cheer, the villain behind the insidious Cheerdrops altering the citizens of Gotham. When confronted with a man responsible for taking the lives of so many, including Tyler, the kid Jason Todd swore to protect, will Red Hood be able to stop himself from taking vengeance for a whole city?
    Grifter: Through four chapters of blood, bullets, and Batman, the true reason for Cole Cash emerging in Gotham City reveals itself at last…but it’s not what you think!
    Tim Drake: Tim is determined to find his friend Bernard, who was taken by a Chaos Monster before his very eyes. But this case is different from any Tim has taken on before, and the cracks are starting to show.
    Batgirls: Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown are just two teenagers breaking into Wayne Manor so they can play some video games. But when Oracle gives them a mission, the Batgirls suit up and head to an abandoned arcade to investigate.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Batman: Urban Legends #5

story by Chip Zdarsky, Matthew Rosenberg, Meghan
    Fitzmartin, and Marguerite Bennett
    art by Eddy Barrows, Marcus To, Ryan Benjamin, Belén
    Ortega, and Sweeney Boo
    cover by David Finch
    perfect bound
    ON SALE : 7/13/21
    $7.99 US | 64 PAGES | FC | DC
    variant cover by : Tyler Kirkham
    variant cover by : Mimi Yoon

Red Hood: Meet Cheer, the villain behind the insidious Cheerdrops altering the citizens of Gotham. When confronted with a man responsible for taking the lives of so many, including Tyler, the kid Jason Todd swore to protect, will Red Hood be able to stop himself from taking vengeance for a whole city?
    Grifter: Through four chapters of blood, bullets, and Batman, the true reason for Cole Cash emerging in Gotham City reveals itself at last…but it’s not what you think!
    Tim Drake: Tim is determined to find his friend Bernard, who was taken by a Chaos Monster before his very eyes. But this case is different from any Tim has taken on before, and the cracks are starting to show.
    Batgirls: Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown are just two teenagers breaking into Wayne Manor so they can play some video games. But when Oracle gives them a mission, the Batgirls suit up and head to an abandoned arcade to investigate.
    Dose the batgirl story seem wrong to anyone ?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Dose the batgirl story seem wrong to anyone ?
    No, since they're not living in the Manor.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It just feels like the odd one out.

. . . Batgirls: Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown are just two teenagers breaking into Wayne Manor so they can play some video games. But when Oracle gives them a mission, the Batgirls suit up and head to an abandoned arcade to investigate.
    Does the batgirl story seem wrong to anyone ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    But, depending on when the story takes place, is anybody living in the manor?
    What type of expensive, high-tech video equipment might still be in the manor if Bruce isn't living there?

Why "break in" to Wayne Manor to "play some video games"?
    And since when would Cassandra be described as "just" a teenager?

It just feels like the odd one out.
    It does sound like it's some one-off, not-canon-type of story.
    (Sort of like Maps-as-Robin in the recent Batman Black & White. A potential fun read, but otherwise non-consequential.)