Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Bat Noir

Silhouette
    Silhouette belongs to one of Marvel's New Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I mean, you could still have a code name even if you don't have a secret identity.
    Yeah, Superman didn't stop being called that when he chose to reveal himself - and Jon is using the name despite not having a secret identity, his identity as Superboy being outed alongside Clark's. Wonder Woman doesn't have a secret identity either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    If Luke isn't using it anymore, Batwing would work. Or Shadowbat
    Luke is still Batwing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by heyevaxx View Post
    Cassandra Cain Pinup by Jen Bartel
    Batman Black and White 004 2021-05
    edit2 removes frame and adds red to blood
    That's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Barbara's already been "Bete Noire" in Batgirl: Futures End.
    And Dick & Jason were Red Robin before Tim ever got that name. I don't see how a similar name used one time by Barbara in non-canon would keep Cass from making it her own.

I think Bat Noir or Bete Noire would fit Cass quite well. Shadow Knight sounds clunky to me for some reason. But if there truly is nothing legal holding DC back I think using Black Bat again makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Barbara's already been "Bete Noire" in Batgirl: Futures End.
    And Dick & Jason were Red Robin before Tim ever got that name. I don't see how a similar name used one time by Barbara in non-canon would keep Cass from making it her own.
    So, your solution would be to give Cass yet another hand-me-down name that Barbara no longer uses?

So, your solution would be to give Cass yet another hand-me-down name that Barbara no longer uses?
    I don't get your point.

Bete Noire can't be a hand-me-down if Barbara never used it. Futures End doesn't exist anymore. Even if it did the present would come before the future.

Narratively Bete Noite is not more of a hand-me-down than Nightwing, Red Hood and Red Robin. All of which were names used before these characters made them their own.

And as written above it's only one of the names that I think would fit Cass.

Cass with a sword looks weird.

Bete noir means 'something that's strongly disliked and meant to be avoided'. It doesn't sound like a good name to me.

If Shadow Knight is too clunky, how about 'The Gotham Knight'.

Ultimate Member

Bete noir means 'something that's strongly disliked and meant to be avoided'. It doesn't sound like a good name to me.
    Sounds like a good concept when applied to criminals

That and her going as Black Beast but In french doesn't really sound better than Orphan.

How do people feel about Cassandra and Stephanie's casual talk in Urban Legends #5? Was Cassandra deliberately messing up the movie spoilers when she mocked Stephanie or does she really believe that "Obiwan is Luke's father." It'd be kind of quirky if she did. And "Stinky Cheeser"? I think Steph is a bad influence on her. I think this is the first time we've actually seen this side of Cass. All fun.

Cassandra was briefly mentioned in the latest issue of An Other History of the DC Universe

spoilers:
    Anissa Pierce doesn't seem like the biggest fan of Batman or Cass for that matter since she kicked her through a window. She calls her one of Batman's little female demon seeds.

I didn't read comics when that issue came out so I was wondering what the context was for Cass fly kicking her through a window at a party
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthborn View Post
    How do people feel about Cassandra and Stephanie's casual talk in Urban Legends #5? Was Cassandra deliberately messing up the movie spoilers when she mocked Stephanie or does she really believe that "Obiwan is Luke's father." It'd be kind of quirky if she did. And "Stinky Cheeser"? I think Steph is a bad influence on her. I think this is the first time we've actually seen this side of Cass. All fun.
    Maybe she's only seen A New Hope and not the sequels? Wasn't Ben, as Luke knew Obi-wan, involved in his upbringing? Luke's father actually being Darth Vader was only revealed in The Empire Strikes Back.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthborn View Post
    I just figured Steph lied to her, and she's not had time to check

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Cassandra was briefly mentioned in the latest issue of An Other History of the DC Universe

spoilers:
    Anissa Pierce doesn't seem like the biggest fan of Batman or Cass for that matter since she kicked her through a window. She calls her one of Batman's little female demon seeds.

I didn't read comics when that issue came out so I was wondering what the context was for Cass fly kicking her through a window at a party
    end of spoilers

So that period mentioned is weird. Because...

spoilers:
    This was Cass's first appearance since Tim gave her an anti-toxin to drive the drugs that Slade put in her system (making her evil). It was revealed during the summer of that year (2007) she abandoned her League of Assasin minions who then went to Merlyn to try and make Sin the next "One Who is All". That all occured in the Black Canary mini.

After Cass attacked Anissa in #2 of Batman & the Outsiders, it's dropped the very next issue with Cass LIVING with Grace/Anissa leading to the infamous moment of the series between the two.

It's weird that Ridley merges the three runs of the Outsiders (Dixon, Tomasi, and DiDio into one story). I'm more surprised Ridley chose that and not Cass being the result of Anissa being put into a coma for a few months.When Frank Tieri came on he closed Dixon's run with Cass taking charge of the team, and trying to find Batman only to stumble across a Black Glove booby trap that killed Remac and Anissa into said coma.
    end of spoilers
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    So that period mentioned is weird. Because...

spoilers:
    This was Cass's first appearance since Tim gave her an anti-toxin to drive the drugs that Slade put in her system (making her evil). It was revealed during the summer of that year (2007) she abandoned her League of Assasin minions who then went to Merlyn to try and make Sin the next "One Who is All". That all occured in the Black Canary mini.

After Cass attacked Anissa in #2 of Batman & the Outsiders, it's dropped the very next issue with Cass LIVING with Grace/Anissa leading to the infamous moment of the series between the two.

It's weird that Ridley merges the three runs of the Outsiders (Dixon, Tomasi, and DiDio into one story). I'm more surprised Ridley chose that and not Cass being the result of Anissa being put into a coma for a few months.When Frank Tieri came on he closed Dixon's run with Cass taking charge of the team, and trying to find Batman only to stumble across a Black Glove booby trap that killed Remac and Anissa into said coma.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

To be fair, the context was implied that Anissa had intercepted Cassandra as she was trying to enter the party from the balcony (probably due to the aforementioned drugging incident leading to the hero community thinking she was a villain now) and the two broke into a fight resulting in Cassandra kicking Anissa through the window while exclaiming "I was invited!". For further context, Anissa was being pissy because she had failed to make the cut for Batman's new Outsiders team while her girlfriend, Grace, had. This incident happened at the end of Batman and the Outsiders #2 (2008).
    end of spoilers