Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By the way, with Cassandra's appearance in Infinite Frontier wearing her old Batgirl outfit,

any idea of what name they're referring to her as?
    Stephanie is wearing her Spoiler outfit, so even if she's in a group referred to as "Batgirls", they can still easily jut refer to Steph herself as "Spoiler".
    I mean, does it matter? She didn’t have a part. She may as well be called ‘Steph’s Shadow.’

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I mean, does it matter? She didn’t have a part. She may as well be called ‘Steph’s Shadow.’
    I'm sorry.

I thought this was a Cassandra Cain appreciation thread. My mistake, I guess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'm sorry.

I thought this was a Cassandra Cain appreciation thread. My mistake, I guess.
    Right? That’s what I thought about the Barbara Gordon appreciation threads!! How weird???

Extraordinary Member

Right? That’s what I thought about the Barbara Gordon appreciation threads!! How weird???
    Consideirng part of the Babs’s threads discussion comes down to fans of *ALL* of Babs identity and fan groups, including fans of Oracle you may disagree with, while this is a Cass thread, and that you’re complaints seem to have little to do with being a fan of Cass...

...I feel there’s some disingenuous and misplaced bitterness being worked out here.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Consideirng part of the Babs’s threads discussion comes down to fans of *ALL* of Babs identity and fan groups, including fans of Oracle you may disagree with, while this is a Cass thread, and that you’re complaints seem to have little to do with being a fan of Cass...

...I feel there’s some disingenuous and misplaced bitterness being worked out here.
    That is absolute bullshit and you know it. There hasn’t been a day gone by where there’s been constant tearing down of her Batgirl identity and has come from Steph and Cass fans just as much. Cass’ fans are always the loudest, in fact, insisting that she just CANNOT be anything -but- Batgirl without ever giving a proper reason why. Believe it or not there seems to be a -lot- of overlap with fans of Oracle and Cass so this isn’t displaced.

Apparently being a fan of Oracle and Cass means not being a fan of Barbara at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Apparently being a fan of Oracle and Cass means not being a fan of Barbara at all.
    Barbara’s Batgirl, clearly. That distinction was always made -perfectly- clear.

Barbara’s Batgirl, clearly. That distinction was always made -perfectly- clear.
    And? Liking one incarnation of a character over another is not remotely limited to Barbara. You on the other hand have made it clear you care nothing for Cass which makes your inflammatory comments all the more annoying.

BANNED

And? Liking one incarnation of a character over another is not remotely limited to Barbara. You on the other hand have made it clear you care nothing for Cass which makes your inflammatory comments all the more annoying.
    Which happened just as much from Cass fans who didn’t like Barbara in the role on her threads. Let’s see how it feels?

BANNED

Plus, be honest because I just can’t get a straight answer: what is the -actual- difference between Cass as Orphan and Cass as Batgirl aside from the name? She does the same thing, but she doesn’t feel accepted properly in the fold? Or worthy of being a hero/Batfam member? And she still fights the best regardless, as I’ve heard reiterated over and over again?

Plus, be honest because I just can’t get a straight answer: what is the -actual- difference between Cass as Orphan and Cass as Batgirl aside from the name? She does the same thing, but she doesn’t feel accepted properly in the fold? Or worthy of being a hero/Batfam member? And she still fights the best regardless, as I’ve heard reiterated over and over again?
    The history behind the names, I think, are a big thing with Cass fans. The name "Orphan" seems to be associated with her 52 reboot and previous ostracization by Didio and his ilk. The very name means "no family" and is a slap in the face of all her previous history as an inner circle member of the batfamily. The name seems to feel like all of those people that did not want her, an asian girl, to exist, did not want her as batgirl, and did not want understand and use her, won.
    The name "Batgirl", however, is a return to her original mantle, an acknowledgement of her entire history and her achievements as a fictional character (most prominent Asian character, first Batgirl to lead a solo series, multiple character of the year awards, etc). It feels like coming home after being lost and alone in the grey wilderness for years. Its as if those that have fought for her right to exist within the "all-white" Bat universe (yes, I know the Fox family exists now and there is still The Signal, but you get my meaning right) after all the problems editorial tried to throw in their way, has won.

I imagine some Babs fans feel similar about the Oracle and Batgirl names (with Oracle being the negative (women in refrigerators) association and Batgirl "coming home"). But honestly the two Batgirls are so different from each other that the two existing together shouldn't be a problem. I'm more concerned with Steph Batgirl, who is so similar to Babs personality-wise that I can't off-handedly think of a way to keep them distinct from each other aside from playing up Bab's seniority over her (pretty much their relationship in Steph's Batgirl comic run).

Extraordinary Member

That is absolute bullshit and you know it. There hasn’t been a day gone by where there’s been constant tearing down of her Batgirl identity and has come from Steph and Cass fans just as much. Cass’ fans are always the loudest, in fact, insisting that she just CANNOT be anything -but- Batgirl without ever giving a proper reason why. Believe it or not there seems to be a -lot- of overlap with fans of Oracle and Cass so this isn’t displaced.
    Because that's not a Batgirl thread, it's a Barbara Gordon thread. And most Barbara Gordon fans prefer her as Oracle.

Stop disrupting this thread just because you have a niche opinion on which identity is better for Barbara

This is a thread for discussing and appreciating Cassandra Cain as Batgirl. This is not the thread for discussing Barbara Gordon beyond her relationship to Cassandra Cain.

Please contain this Cass vs Babs vs Steph discussions to one thread and not clog up this one.

Who would you like to voice Cass in an animated show or game?