Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    he didnt mutilate her
    that's some deathstroke level crap is there still a chance Rose wilson will be on infinity island? Her and emiko are the only daughter assassins' left
    And he also never severed her vocal chords. He never taught her to speak but at least she was physically capable of learning how to talk.

Who knows if she'll ever heal from that.

Could we get a mute Batgirl?

I can only imagine how messed up Slade's kids are going to be in this continuity.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't believe they made Cass's backstory in YJ arguably worse than in the comics.

Shiva might be worse than David Cain.
    Well, she was always worse than Cain, as she was willing to kill Cass

But I guess having Cain be the one responsible would be overlapping with Crock

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Well, she was always worse than Cain, as she was willing to kill Cass

But I guess having Cain be the one responsible would be overlapping with Crock
    I wonder if they're going to address the name thing or if she'll never be Cassandra Cain.

Although Orphan makes less and less sense the more they develop her character.

I wonder if they're going to address the name thing or if she'll never be Cassandra Cain.

I wouldn't be surprised if this Shiva had Cassandra with a random league member...and then axed them off. I can't see David fitting into Cassandra's backstory here. According to the YJ wikia Barbara is supposed to be in episode 7, so maybe we'll see Cass's relationship with the Bat-Fam explored in flashbacks.

Wasn't expecting her vocal cords to be completely gone. I was kind of hoping Faye Mate would voice Cass in Young Justice after hearing as Kagami on Miraculous Ladybug.

Extraordinary Member

she considers herself an orphan she has disowned her parents for their treatment. That's what I get, after what Cheshire described I think the audience will get it too

Extraordinary Member

I mean she's directly called Cassandra Woo-San in the episode

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if this Shiva had Cassandra with a random league member...and then axed them off. I can't see David fitting into Cassandra's backstory here. According to the YJ wikia Barbara is supposed to be in episode 7, so maybe we'll see Cass's relationship with the Bat-Fam explored in flashbacks.
    I wonder if she and Spoiler are even friends yet since we don't really get a good sense of their relationship other than the fact that Steph seems exasperated with Cass being Cass.
    Wasn't expecting her vocal cords to be completely gone. I was kind of hoping Faye Mate would voice Cass in Young Justice after hearing as Kagami on Miraculous Ladybug.
    Same, but I guess it saves them on their VA budget.
    she considers herself an orphan she has disowned her parents for their treatment. That's what I get, after what Cheshire described I think the audience will get it too
    Isn't that just depressing though?

I hope we see the Batfamily swarming Santa Prisca to save her. Assuming Batman is as protective of her as he is in the comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Yeah, but she's more well-known as Cassandra Cain.

Extraordinary Member

I hope we see the Batfamily swarming Santa Prisca to save her. Assuming Batman is as protective of her as he is in the comics.
    We won't, Shiva explicitly said not to bring in the Batclan or the rest of the team.

We won't, Shiva explicitly said not to bring in the Batclan or the rest of the team.
    And Artemis didn't tell them. But Halo doesn't know that.

Extraordinary Member

We don’t want Batman taking over becuase that’s what happens if he shows

We don’t want Batman taking over becuase that’s what happens if he shows
    I'm fine with it if it's with the rest of the Batfamily and we see how much he cares about Cass.

So this version of Cass doesn't know about her father David Cain at all?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So this version of Cass doesn't know about her father David Cain at all?
    Bruce is her daddy now

Bruce is her daddy now
    That has always been true.

Yay! Cass is nicely featured in Young Justice Artemis Through the Looking-Glass but still with no dialog. I'm not bothered by this since in OG Cass had many panels where she just looks at Batman or someone else and you get what she is communicating even though she's silent.

I was a tiny bit irked about her using so many weapons but that's a small tweak to her character. In pre-OYL Cassandra totally humiliated Shrike who was fighting her with knives which he claimed would allow him to beat her to which she replied "I don't need them" as she broke his arm. She's great with weapons like when she was undercover in Justice League Elite and when she was using Katana's sword to rescue the rest of the Outsiders but, other than Batarangs, she's normally all hands and feet. No matter; having her be a weapons user in YJ adds some more options for how the fight scenes are choreographed, it's fine. Plus, she can dramatically draw her sword to communicate like they did a couple times in this ep.

Yeesh! YJ Lady Shiva is quite a bad parent. I wonder if David Cain's original and new-Cass child abuse has simply been transferred to Shiva for YJ. Even if they intro Cassandra's father, he might not be given the horrific child abuse history since Shiva can own it now.

I hope the "Cassandra Wu-San" sticks and might be a way for Warner/DC to distance the real-comics-Cassandra from the Cassandra-in-name-only that appeared in the Birds of Prey film (I still can not watch all of it; so heart breaking to see the mis-writing of my Cassie). Maybe Cassandra Wu-San could appear in other animated, tv shows, and even films and this time be based much more closely on the comics and not the BoP presentation.

Anywhoozle... between YJ having more Cass, even mute Cass, and the upcoming Batgirls things are definitely looking up!

PS - "I'm fine with it if it's with the rest of the Batfamily and we see how much he cares about Cass."
    ^^^100% this!!! ^^^
    Having the Batfam show the love for Cass and deus ex machina when the YJ team is on the ropes while trying to rescue Cass would be epic.