Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    I see Batman as the overling.

If you appreciate the character, you should care more about the story function of the character. Right now they are rightfully Batman's underlings.
    I do care about the character's story function and calling them underlings isn't just insulting it's outright inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    . . . Oh yeah. Someone in the other thread offered Silhouette. That's cool.

It's also the name of a Marvel Comics character.
    She was introduced back in the day in New Warriors, but I don't know when she was last used / referred to.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

It's also the name of a Marvel Comics character.
    She was introduced back in the day in New Warriors, but I don't know when she was last used / referred to.
    In the latest Champions series, discussing the latest Civil War.

She had a character appearance in Ironheart, though.

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    I dont see Cass playing any significant role in DCEU. She was pretty much Harley's underling in BoP movie.

Batman's world revolves around the conflict between him and his villains. It is why character like Harley becomes more popular = more profitable overtime while Batman's underlings still have to be attached to Batman and their most popular stories are being crippled or murdered.
    Well, DCEU Cass' character can be easily fixed by kinda retconning that she was actually playing down her abilities throughout the movie ("being normal") to fool the other girls. It could be that she was actually an agent planted by either Barbara or Bruce at Dinah's apartments to keep an eye on Dinah (due to the rise of metahuman activity since BvSDOJ)(the parental screaming in her apartment was actually a recording) and that she simply went with the flow of the events that followed and got tangled up in the mess following Harleen Quinzel. Throw in some character quirks like she sometimes makes bad decisions (eg swallows the diamond) and you have a good character saving retcon opening up for a pure kickass Batgirl movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I do care about the character's story function and calling them underlings isn't just insulting it's outright inaccurate.
    How is it insulting? They are not even mature adults yet. They obey Batman's orders. Heck, writer went out of their way to show that Jason died because he didnt obey Batman's orders. Are they independent partners? I doubt it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthborn View Post
    Well, DCEU Cass' character can be easily fixed by kinda retconning that she was actually playing down her abilities throughout the movie ("being normal") to fool the other girls. It could be that she was actually an agent planted by either Barbara or Bruce at Dinah's apartments to keep an eye on Dinah (due to the rise of metahuman activity since BvSDOJ)(the parental screaming in her apartment was actually a recording) and that she simply went with the flow of the events that followed and got tangled up in the mess following Harleen Quinzel. Throw in some character quirks like she sometimes makes bad decisions (eg swallows the diamond) and you have a good character saving retcon opening up for a pure kickass Batgirl movie.
    Or just say that her real name is Steph Brown and she stole Cass' name from a friend she knew

from Batgirl Secret Files and Origins (2002)

Anyone ever get the feeling Cass should be taller?
    I mean 5'5" is taller than the average woman, but considering that Shiva is 5'8" and Cain is 6'2", she genetically should be taller than Shiva especially since Cass has finished puberty.

That being said, she ran away from Cain when she was eight and from that point until she was seventeen she had no home and wandered the globe. I would imagine that Cass didn't eat regularly, which perhaps explains her somewhat stunted growth.

Then again, genetics aren't a sure thing. She could just be naturally short (compared to her parents).

I guess I do always think of Cass as short more than I do tall.

Extraordinary Member

Jen Bartel's pinup for next week's Batman Black & White #4

https://twitter.com/heyjenbartel/sta...27869375533061

Ultimate Member

Cass is going to appear, or just on the cover?

Extraordinary Member

Neither, it's a pinup that will be in the book. The Black and White books have featured pinups in between the separate short stories.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Jen Bartel's pinup for next week's Batman Black & White #4

https://twitter.com/heyjenbartel/sta...27869375533061

Some other Bartel Cass stuff:

Cass with a sword looks as weird to me as it did in Young Justice.

She's a hand-to-hand fighter who is probably the strictest about not killing people, more than even Bruce. Why would she use a sword?

Mighty Member

If both Black Bat and Silhouette cannot be used as names for Cass I think Shadow-Bat is a good alternative.