Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Babs is going to be out in the field in Nightwing's book.
    For how long? How do we know this isn’t part of Tynion’s plan to devalue her in the identity? Contrive a million and one reasons for her to be ‘inadequate’ as he see’s her and just more ‘useful’ behind the computer? He doesn’t regard it very highly save for Cass and Steph...and even then they’re coming off as disposable.
    Last edited by Domino_Dare-Doll; 03-04-2021 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    For how long? How do we know this isn’t part of Tynion’s plan to devalue her in the identity? Contrive a million and one reasons for her to be ‘inadequate’ as he see’s her and just more ‘useful’ behind the computer? He doesn’t regard it very highly save for Cass and Steph...and even then they’re coming off as disposable.
    I doubt Tom Taylor is going to write Babs as "inadequate." That doesn't seem to be the case from interviews at all.

BANNED

I doubt Tom Taylor is going to write Babs as "inadequate." That doesn't seem to be the case from interviews at all.
    You don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes. I doubt Taylor even knows how little control or say he has in the matter: his narrative is short term without even realising it. Tynion’s interviews seem to be speaking to that.

BANNED

Or, he’s going to pulling most of Babs’ emotional tension from “Am I better as Batgirl or Oracle,” and the we’ll have a million contrived mistakes which she’s puzzled her way out of before and rinse repeat.

You don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes. I doubt Taylor even knows how little control or say he has in the matter: his narrative is short term without even realising it. Tynion’s interviews seem to be speaking to that.
    I just know what Taylor seems to be doing and I don't see him using Babs disingenuously. He didn't even need to use her as Batgirl at all, but he is.
    Or, he’s going to pulling most of Babs’ emotional tension from “Am I better as Batgirl or Oracle,” and the we’ll have a million contrived mistakes which she’s puzzled her way out of before and rinse repeat.
    From the sounds of it she's just going to be confidently in both roles when the situation requires it.

But I think that's enough talking about Babs in a Cass thread.

BANNED

I just know what Taylor seems to be doing and I don't see him using Babs disingenuously. He didn't even need to use her as Batgirl at all, but he is.

From the sounds of it she's just going to be confidently in both roles when the situation requires it.

...like that stopped ANYONE harping on about Cass in Bab’ threads?

BANNED

And there’s my problem: “When the situation requires it.” Well when -will- that situation be, hm? There seems to be more than enough running around from what I can see, Tynion says as much himself. What possibly could -ever- happen that lets her suit up? How is that remotely fair?

...like that stopped ANYONE harping on about Cass in Bab’ threads?
    I'm just saying I feel this conversation is more appropriate in a thread about discussing/appreciating Babs.
    And there’s my problem: “When the situation requires it.” Well when -will- that situation be, hm? There seems to be more than enough running around from what I can see, Tynion says as much himself. What possibly could -ever- happen that lets her suit up? How is that remotely fair?
    I guess one would have to read the book to see what Babs does respectively as Batgirl and Oracle.

BANNED

I'm just saying I feel this conversation is more appropriate in a thread about discussing/appreciating Babs.
    Much like most of what I’ve seen in Babs’ threads seems more appropriate in an anti-Batgirl thread, but that never stopped them and now it’s time to return the favour.

Much like most of what I’ve seen in Babs’ threads seems more appropriate in an anti-Batgirl thread, but that never stopped them and now it’s time to return the favour.
    I mean, there's arguments regarding Oracle vs Batgirl but I don't think that necessarily means a dislike of Barbara Gordon as a whole, just an appreciation of a different aspect/identity of her character.

This is a thread for appreciating/discussing Cassandra Cain.

BANNED

I mean, there's arguments regarding Oracle vs Batgirl but I don't think that necessarily means a dislike of Barbara Gordon as a whole, just an appreciation of a different aspect/identity of her character.

There’s -constant- arguments about why Babs doesn’t deserve to be Batgirl and why supposedly Cass and Steph are better. Batgirl fans just minding their own business appreciating even the smallest of things, but no, for the last ten years it has literally been “Not good enough-“This one deserves it better.” For no actual reason that I can see by the way.

There’s -constant- arguments about why Babs doesn’t deserve to be Batgirl and why supposedly Cass and Steph are better. Batgirl fans just minding their own business appreciating even the smallest of things, but no, for the last ten years it has literally been “Not good enough-“This one deserves it better.” For no actual reason that I can see by the way.
    I mean, I feel like that's been spread across the forum but the discussions I've seen in her Appreciation Thread usually range from discussing whether she was more viable as Oracle vs. Batgirl and how that has impacted other characters.

BANNED

It’s been constant devaluation of her as Batgirl for anything, the most minute thing that if Cass and Steph did? “Aww precious baby owo” -No one- has been allowed to appreciate Barbara for being Batgirl. Not for ten whole years.

BANNED

I mean, I feel like that's been spread across the forum but the discussions I've seen in her Appreciation Thread usually range from discussing whether she was more viable as Oracle vs. Batgirl and how that has impacted other characters.
    Exactly, devaluation. What does it matter what she impacts other characters if other characters aren’t held to the exact same standard?

It’s been constant devaluation of her as Batgirl for anything, the most minute thing that if Cass and Steph did? “Aww precious baby owo” -No one- has been allowed to appreciate Barbara for being Batgirl. Not for ten whole years.
    Exactly, devaluation. What does it matter what she impacts other characters if other characters aren’t held to the exact same standard?
    I feel like it's unfair to act like Cass and Steph weren't being devalued in their own respect. I feel like that's at least been something to rally their fans collectively while Babs fans have had more to argue about.