Page 17 of 56 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    It just feels like the odd one out.
    It's the only one that sounds cute, yeah, and by the looks of the art, looks cute too

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But, depending on when the story takes place, is anybody living in the manor?
    What type of expensive, high-tech video equipment might still be in the manor if Bruce isn't living there?

Why "break in" to Wayne Manor to "play some video games"?
    And since when would Cassandra be described as "just" a teenager?

It does sound like it's some one-off, not-canon-type of story.
    (Sort of like Maps-as-Robin in the recent Batman Black & White. A potential fun read, but otherwise non-consequential.)
    Damian. He's the one who likes video games. Plays on the bat computer.

At this point, I guess, no one does...

Wait, you're right. I forget Bruce is living downtown. No one lives in the Manor. Though I guess that's why they have to sneak in.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Dose the batgirl story seem wrong to anyone ?
    It doesn't sound like Cass

The Batgirls story seems a little more cute than you'd expect from this anthology, but it seems like the kind of thing Steph might rope Cass into.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Batgirls story seems a little more cute than you'd expect from this anthology, but it seems like the kind of thing Steph might rope Cass into.
    Yeah. I was exactly thinking that.

Stephanie is "bad influence" for Cassandra

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    . . . Wait, you're right. I forget Bruce is living downtown. No one lives in the Manor. Though I guess that's why they have to sneak in.
    But what would still be in the Manor video-game-wise to play on?

And the solicitation says "Wayne Manor"; there's nothing saying they're breaking into the Batcave below the manor.

And the solicitation says "Wayne Manor"; there's nothing saying they're breaking into the Batcave below the manor.
    Anything Damian bought, I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Anything Damian bought, I assume.
    But if nobody is living there at present (and for the foreseeable future), wouldn't they have packed up Damian's stuff to move it to where he would more readily be able to access it? Would they just want to leave it in the unoccupied Wayne Manor?

But if nobody is living there at present (and for the foreseeable future), wouldn't they have packed up Damian's stuff to move it to where he would more readily be able to access it? Would they just want to leave it in the unoccupied Wayne Manor?
    I imagine the Manor might have the DC equivalent of an Xbox One and a Playstation 4 from back when they were new, while wherever Damien moved to has the newer Xbox One X and Playstation 4 Pro. A billionaire who uses cutting edge multi-million dollar technology in his bid to fight crime probably isn't going to blink if someone says they need to upgrade something for less cost than one of the (five star) restaurant dinners he has while out in public pretending to be a regular businessman, or (for the other side of his life) less than the cost of the fuel his batwing takes to fly for a single flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Avantre View Post
    I imagine the Manor might have the DC equivalent of an Xbox One and a Playstation 4 from back when they were new, while wherever Damien moved to has the newer Xbox One X and Playstation 4 Pro. A billionaire who uses cutting edge multi-million dollar technology in his bid to fight crime probably isn't going to blink if someone says they need to upgrade something for less cost than one of the (five star) restaurant dinners he has while out in public pretending to be a regular businessman, or (for the other side of his life) less than the cost of the fuel his batwing takes to fly for a single flight.
    So, they just leave old stuff in the empty mansion?

I mean, if nobody takes them out...

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Bruce took a lot, but his new home is much smaller than the Mansion so it won't be everything. The personal stuffs like his belongings, family photos, and Damian's pets are the ones we saw. We know stuffs like the grandfather clock, various cabinets, seatings, chandeliers and four poster beds stay.

Damian has a laptop and phone which I imagine Bruce must've packed with him, since Damian's not taking anything.

I imagine he would've taken the 4K TV too. So really the only thing I can imagine they use for gaming is the Bat computer. Unless he really didn't empty the family's home theater...

Yeah, nevermind. That tv is not for apartments. It most likely stays.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-25-2021 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avantre View Post
    Don't you mean Xbox Series X? And he'd probably have upgraded to a Playstation 5 as well?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Don't you mean Xbox Series X? And he'd probably have upgraded to a Playstation 5 as well?
    If I used those, then people would be complaining that Damien would want a Series X at both places. So I went for the comparison that involved the same machine (that played the same games), only better.

So I saw Damian has a new solo series starting, and it got me thinking. And I'm presumably not the only person who's considered this or asked the question (likely way back in 2006, when it was all happening), so maybe it's already been addressed/disproved somewhere down the line. And if so, by all means, set me straight. But I've never made the link myself before.

Was Cass's Batgirl run being cancelled and her subsequent ludicrous heel turn in OYL, all about Damian being introduced (or reintroduced, if you count the non-canon stuff)? I only ask, because when I checked the dates, it did seem like all those events happened within a very short space of time;

- February 2006. Cassandra's solo Batgirl comic is cancelled at #73, at time when it was still doing seemingly OK numbers (Would 26k considered ok in 2006?) and was one of their longest running solo female titles

- March 2006. One Year Later attempts to turn Cassandra into a villain "because reasons"

- July 2006. Damian debuts/returns

I mean, outside of Damian's familial connection with Bruce, him and Cass are obviously two quite similar characters. Did(io) the powers that be at the time decide that there was only room for one youth-with-incredible-fighting-skills-who-was-raised-by-assassins-to-be-a-trained-killer in the Batfam? And when faced with choice between Cass's then seven years as a main player in the Batbooks and Damian being an essentially brand new character, but who was related to Bruce, they went exactly the way you knew DC would go.

Or is all just a bit of a coincidence?
    Last edited by Vworp Vworp; 05-01-2021 at 03:36 AM.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    So I saw Damian has a new solo series starting, and it got me thinking. And I'm presumably not the only person who's considered this or asked the question (likely way back in 2006, when it was all happening), so maybe it's already been addressed/disproved somewhere down the line. And if so, by all means, set me straight. But I've never made the link myself before.

Was Cass's Batgirl run being cancelled and her subsequent ludicrous heel turn in OYL, all about Damian being introduced (or reintroduced, if you count the non-canon stuff)? I only ask, because when I checked the dates, it did seem like all those events happened within a very short space of time;

- February 2006. Cassandra's solo Batgirl comic is cancelled at #73, at time when it was still doing seemingly OK numbers (Would 26k considered ok in 2006?) and was one of their longest running solo female titles

- March 2006. One Year Later attempts to turn Cassandra into a villain "because reasons"

- July 2006. Damian debuts/returns

I mean, outside of Damian's familial connection with Bruce, him and Cass are obviously two quite similar characters. Did(io) the powers that be at the time decide that there was only room for one youth-with-incredible-fighting-skills-who-was-raised-by-assassins-to-be-a-trained-killer in the Batfam? And when faced with choice between Cass's then seven years as a main player in the Batbooks and Damian being an essentially brand new character, but who was related to Bruce, they went exactly the way you knew DC would go.

Or is all just a bit of a coincidence?
    Didio wanting Cass cancelled and turned evil us usually interpreted as having more to do with DC planning to introduce Kate Kan as Batwoman, or alternatively use the Batwoman design for a relaunch of Babs as Batgirl.

One of the artists who did the final Cass-Batgirl issues posted some of their sketches and specifically said the book had been cancelled to “make way” for Kate’s debut in 52.

It fits perfectly with Didio’s well known irrational fear of “redundant” characters that was always being applied in a clearly biased and arbitrary fashion.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP