Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    You did read the Gotham Knights ongoing right? She did. What got Bruce in trouble when a case worker was looking into Jason Todd.
    That's I think the only story arc where you see her living at the manor, at that might be due an error by the writer,or her just staying there for a really short time.

In her own book she was so far I can remember it (it has been a few years since I read it) first living in with Barbara, than in her own Batcave and after that with Tim in Blüd Heaven.

Apparently, the Birds of Prey filmmakers did want to make a more accurate version of Cass but were denied.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...birds_of_prey/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Apparently, the Birds of Prey filmmakers did want to make a more accurate version of Cass but were denied.

Damn it... Warner ! Why must you be so damn dumb ?

It wasn't as if Cass name alone would attract droves of peoples... you could have just created an original character...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Damn it... Warner ! Why must you be so damn dumb ?

It wasn't as if Cass name alone would attract droves of peoples... you could have just created an original character...
    They wanted to pretend to be diverse, but didn't want to risk taking any attention away from Harley.

Wow, that's rough .

Extraordinary Member

Sonuva…!

STOP GETTING IN YOUR OWN WAY, WB!
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Sonuva…!

STOP GETTING IN YOUR OWN WAY, WB!
    Warner Brothers wants the same money that Marvel is making, without taking any of the risks or having a fraction of the patience

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Warner Brothers wants the same money that Marvel is making, without taking any of the risks or having a fraction of the patience
    I don't think it's a matter of risk, BoP was risky enough on its own, but a lack of patience and care is definitely an issue.

Yeah, Marvel knocks it out of the park every time (the closest thing they've had to a miss is Thor Dark World) but DC is too inconsistent. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam were hits. Justice League definitely not.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

And more often than not, the failures come from WB deciding to "course correct" in the worst possible way.

JL by Snyder or the Ayer's version of SS would have been divisive yes, but they'd have built a certain brand and it'd have allowed the franchise to grow. Instead they decided to rip off Marvel and failed.

Hopefully now audiences are readier for less campy superhero movies and DC will get a chance to get its footing back. Hopefully.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think it's a matter of risk, BoP was risky enough on its own, but a lack of patience and care is definitely an issue.
    How risky was it? They thought they had a popular character (Harley), supported by several other semi popular characters. And pretending to be diverse, to boot.

Extraordinary Member

JL by Snyder or the Ayer's version of SS would have been divisive yes, but they'd have built a certain brand and it'd have allowed the franchise to grow.
    Question is if that audience would have been big enough to make movies as expensive as JL profitable.

I think after BvS it was quite clear that Snyder's vision was not what the general audience wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Marvel knocks it out of the park every time (the closest thing they've had to a miss is Thor Dark World) but DC is too inconsistent. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam were hits. Justice League definitely not.
    Well, box office wise, yeah.
    Hopefully now audiences are readier for less campy superhero movies and DC will get a chance to get its footing back. Hopefully.
    I don't see what campiness has to do with it
    How risky was it? They thought they had a popular character (Harley), supported by several other semi popular characters. And pretending to be diverse, to boot.
    I mean, most of those characters were not proven movie stars, which is probably why they had Harley anchor it to begin with, but a female Superhero ensemble feels like a risk in today's market.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, most of those characters were not proven movie stars, which is probably why they had Harley anchor it to begin with, but a female Superhero ensemble feels like a risk in today's market.
    Except that it wasn't an ensemble, was it? The characters were all there to support Harley's story

Except that it wasn't an ensemble, was it? The characters were all there to support Harley's story
    It was marketed more or less as an ensemble at any rate. At the very least it was a heavily female-led film.