Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 113
  1. #31
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    In New 52 Cass is about 4-6 years younger than Dick
    And Dick was 21 back then, that would make her 15-17.

    But if we are looking at the last book she was in (Batman and the Outsiders), she was treated as being roughly the same age and "rank" as Duke.

    Compare that with pre Flashpoint were she was the same age as Jason and was actually the leader of the Outsiders for short time.

    The current version of Cassandra is (unless Death Metal changed it) not on the level were she was back then.

  2. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,739

    Default

    Do you guys think that Cass might have been better off if she were created in a different company from the Big 2?

  3. #33
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Do you guys think that Cass might have been better off if she were created in a different company from the Big 2?
    Not really I doubt she would have been as successful as she was without being Batgirl.

  4. #34
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    25,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    And Dick was 21 back then, that would make her 15-17.

    But if we are looking at the last book she was in (Batman and the Outsiders), she was treated as being roughly the same age and "rank" as Duke.

    Compare that with pre Flashpoint were she was the same age as Jason and was actually the leader of the Outsiders for short time.

    The current version of Cassandra is (unless Death Metal changed it) not on the level were she was back then.
    Death Metal is supposed to have restored everyone's memories, so she should have all of her pre-Flashpoint abilities back.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  5. #35
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Do you guys think that Cass might have been better off if she were created in a different company from the Big 2?
    Doubt it. Cass is the best example of her archetype, but she was hardly amongst the first. Batman acts as a great foil for her, and being part of the franchise helps her

  6. #36
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Death Metal is supposed to have restored everyone's memories, so she should have all of her pre-Flashpoint abilities back.
    We will see to me it looks for the moment like most characters will despite having the memories back, not really substantially change from pre Death Metal.

    And I'm really wondering how "all memories are back"-thing will actually work with some characters, and how they resolve the big contradictions between the different versions.

  7. #37
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    25,382

    Default

    Well, I think Geoff Johns pre-emptively took care of one of the biggest ones - Shazam. There was an issue where the previous Marvel Family were shown to be dead. The current family are apparently just coincidental namesakes, which explains why Billy and Mary are no longer twins, and why Freddy's hair colour changed. That would leave the Shazam Family completely unaffected by Death Metal.

    The other big headache is probably Supergirl, who was killed off, erased from existence, replaced, and then rebooted twice.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  8. #38
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, I think Geoff Johns pre-emptively took care of one of the biggest ones - Shazam. There was an issue where the previous Marvel Family were shown to be dead. The current family are apparently just coincidental namesakes, which explains why Billy and Mary are no longer twins, and why Freddy's hair colour changed. That would leave the Shazam Family completely unaffected by Death Metal.

    The other big headache is probably Supergirl, who was killed off, erased from existence, replaced, and then rebooted twice.
    Wait, what? Where was that shown?

  9. #39
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,791

    Default

    I think the in Batfamily the the messiest are:
    - Cass: different Origins pre and post flashpoint, down ageing
    - Tim: are his parents dead or alive
    - Jason: completely different character pre and post COIE, lots of stuff that happened pre flashpoint that was thankfully wiped out in the reboot
    - Barbara: down ageing, is she James Gordons daughter or nice
    - James Gordon: down ageing, what happend to his wife, was he married with Sarah Essen, what happend with Tony Gordon, how does James Jr. age make any sense with Years One
    - Alfred: pre COIE he did became Bruce Buttler until Dick was already Robin

  10. #40
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,861

    Default

    I mean Cassandra already knew about her pre-flashpoint history, it was in James Tynion’s Detective Comics run when she and Steph confronted Brother Eye, she just now remembers it is the big difference.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  11. #41
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean Cassandra already knew about her pre-flashpoint history, it was in James Tynion’s Detective Comics run when she and Steph confronted Brother Eye, she just now remembers it is the big difference.
    But if they want to do it properly they need to really explore the effect of this.
    I mean there are some characters, like Bruce where details changed but important parts where never really out of continuity, but other characters have now technically memories of two completely different lifes.

    And intersting case would also be Helena Bertinelli, who is according to Infinite Crisis #5 without COIE living on Earth 8.

  12. #42
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But if they want to do it properly they need to really explore the effect of this.
    I mean there are some characters, like Bruce where details changed but important parts where never really out of continuity, but other characters have now technically memories of two completely different lifes.

    And intersting case would also be Helena Bertinelli, who is according to Infinite Crisis #5 without COIE living on Earth 8.
    I mean honestly I think will all just depend on what writers want to do story wise and how its all integrated, because honestly I'm sure what will matter more are the recent stories but this allows for them to make callbacks.

    Like I'm currently looking at Titans Academy, its named after Roy Harper and has his statute out front. But its a statute of him as Red Arrow from when he was a member of the Justice League of America, which did not happen in New 52/rebirth as he was Arsenal with Red Hood and the Titans not to mention Emiko was Red Arrow. And what about Cyborg, New 52 he founded the Justice League, but now its changed back to Martian Manhunter in his place and he was on the New Teen Titans, Left to join the Justice League, and then came back to teach at Titans Academy. So what does it all mean....you're guess is as good as mine and I say just go with the flow of the story and how they choose to reference going forward.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  13. #43
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    3,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Wait, what? Where was that shown?
    Yeah. Where was this shown???!!!?!!!

  14. #44
    Incredible Member frostedemma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious should much like the Robins the Batgirls also be Titan members
    Well no batgirl has ever been part of the teen Titan/titan so it's a bit weird to expect them to be part of the teams like the robins are. Cass joining the titans would have been a good opportunity during the time she went to Hong Kong and gave the batgirl mantle to steph. It would of been a great explanation as to why she wasn't in battle for cowl and why she suddenly gave up being batgirl when it means so much to her.

  15. #45
    Incredible Member frostedemma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Do you guys think that Cass might have been better off if she were created in a different company from the Big 2?
    The thing is that Cass was really successful back in the early to mid 2000's, when her batgirl run was starting she was getting a heavy push by dc and guess starting in other popular books like harley's first solo, superboy, young justice and etc. While there was some tension with the other bat brood at first, she had Babs and Bruce seal of approval from the start which helped further cement her position. Dc was actually committed to her. Then Morrison went and created Damien who not only had an eerily similar past and upbringing to Cass, but he was also his biological son, so Cass got pushed aside a bit since she was no longer the new batkid. And then Didio became eic and that was the final nail her in coffin.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •