Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The problem isn't Dick and Babs age, but Tim's age. Keeping them teenagers while aging up Damian shorten their era.
    I think that is also an issue, which is somewhat related. The shorter Tim's tenure is, the closer to his age Jason must be, logically.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    How much older than Cassandra is Barbara Gordon these days?
    I doubt the age difference would be great enough for a "mother"/"daughter" situation, which would make the idea of adoption seem a bit silly and not necessary.
    About 10 years - which is similar to the Bruce/Dick age gap isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    I think this is pretty on point. Babs adopting Cass would be weird, age-wise, so the sisterly bond works better.
    More to the point, if Cass is already 18 wouldn't she be a legal adult? Also, if pre-Flashpoint continuity is back in play, then Bruce already adopted her anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    She never said the entire arc was out of continuity. People just take that way, because the 5G plans were discarded.

At the end, they still find a way to connect the arc with the current situation of Barbara.
    Didn't it straight up contradict events in Nightwing?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think we are back to Pre-Flashpoint timetable in which Dick was a child when Bruce adopted him (or so the latest Nightwing run shows), instead of 16 like The New 52 retconned. So he would have been somewhere around 8-12 when the Graysons were killed. If Bruce became Batman at 25, worked as Batman for a few years, then took Dick in, the difference is closer to 20 years, a gap wide-enough for Bruce to be one generation above/solidly a father figure.

This is also evident because Damian, who was conceived when Bruce was already Batman, is already 14.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    In New 52 Cass was 10-12 when Dick and Babs were 16 which made her about 16 when they're 21

Moving into Rebirth, the back story were expanded from 5 years ago to 10 years ago, with Dick depicted as having been Robin since he was a preteen. Cass was still using her New 52 back story, which, since it's set during Dick's first year as Robin, should made her only 1 year younger or around the same age as Dick... but she's clearly not. She's treated like she's around Tim and Steph age.

So in Rebirth she's still 16-17 while Dick and Babs are 24

(Dick and Babs are aged 3 years just like Damian aged 3 years because their New 52 age, 21 and 10 respectively, were revealed early on in New 52 but remain stagnant during the duration of New 52... but Tim, Duke, Steph and Cass aged only 1 year because their ages were only revealed during the tail end of New 52, and the timeline details of Rebirth marked that New 52 end year as the same year as when Rebirth began... look, just go with this.)

Now, Infinite Frontier. Damian aged 1 year, meaning everyone aged 1 year. Confirmed by Dick also had his birthday, Jaime's graduating, and Jon Kent's entering college.

Now we don't know which continuity Infinite is using. I hold that they're using new continuity considering how many changes that didn't happen in either Post Crisis or New 52, but we got nothing on Cass so far, as far as I know

So for now, I just call that their current age difference is the same as before, making Dick and Babs now 25, and Cass 18.
    That's not really how ages work in comics, especially not with like tow timeline reboots in between.

Tim was 16 pre rebirth and still 16 post rebirth, even with Damian ageing by 3 years.

Duke was 16 before rebirth and even now with Damian being 4 years older, he is still a minor.

Barbara was 21 in the new 52 and and shortly before future state she was said to be i her late 20s.

When it comes to Cass I guess she is still supposed to be a teenager at this point, and probably about the same age as Tim, Steph, and Duke.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    That's not really how ages work in comics, especially not with like tow timeline reboots in between.

Tim was 16 pre rebirth and still 16 post rebirth, even with Damian ageing by 3 years.

Duke was 16 before rebirth and even now with Damian being 4 years older, he is still a minor.

Barbara was 21 in the new 52 and and shortly before future state she was said to be i her late 20s.

When it comes to Cass I guess she is still supposed to be a teenager at this point, and probably about the same age as Tim, Steph, and Duke.
    Oh was she late 20s? I miss that. If that's the case then yeah, her age was rebooted.

Tim's rebooted age just happen to coincide with the last year of New 52 and the first year of Rebirth, so I just count them as one year so what I meant that from Batman and Robin Eternal when his 16 year old first mentioned until Rebirth it's one year.

Outside of story, that how it works yeah, but in story, even with the age being held up or jumped forward, they still have to went through the years themselves as a person, so every time it changed, how much time passed and when or how things happened changed as well.

That's the thinking that goes into how I adjusted when Damian aged and what he experienced at what age based on the info I have. The point of view being, the years have to pass normally to the character's memory, so what happened when?

Anyway back to topic, if she's late 20s and there's no update yet, then she remains a late 20s + 1 year with Damian and Dick aging, making her and Cass have around 10 years age difference

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

More to the point, if Cass is already 18 wouldn't she be a legal adult? Also, if pre-Flashpoint continuity is back in play, then Bruce already adopted her anyway.
    Didn't it straight up contradict events in Nightwing?
    Apparently, Tynion said about Batgirl's joker war arc that "the linear order of the comics do not apply at this point of Joker War, but will be important in future issues" (https://screenrant.com/batgirl-joker...ned-dc-comics/)

Anyway, Batgirl issue 50 ending makes no sense with the current continuity. It ends with Babs being happy together with Jason Bard and mad at Dick (for being amnesic, apparently), which completely contradicts everything going on in the current Nightwing book.

Babs/ Dick conflict apparently wasn't resolved in "last stories of the multiverse", as Taylor tweeted that he sees this story as an Elseworld story.
    So... again, Babs Batgirl's ending doesn't work too well with the current continuity.

But back to Cass... as long as Babs stays about 25-29 years old, she can't really adopt a teenager.
    But did they really had any real close interaction in the last years?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Apparently, Tynion said about Batgirl's joker war arc that "the linear order of the comics do not apply at this point of Joker War, but will be important in future issues" (https://screenrant.com/batgirl-joker...ned-dc-comics/)

Anyway, Batgirl issue 50 ending makes no sense with the current continuity. It ends with Babs being happy together with Jason Bard and mad at Dick (for being amnesic, apparently), which completely contradicts everything going on in the current Nightwing book.

Babs/ Dick conflict apparently wasn't resolved in "last stories of the multiverse", as Taylor tweeted that he sees this story as an Elseworld story.
    So... again, Babs Batgirl's ending doesn't work too well with the current continuity.

But back to Cass... as long as Babs stays about 25-29 years old, she can't really adopt a teenager.
    But did they really had any real close interaction in the last years?
    You can legally adopt anyone regardless of age, if they consent

If anything I wouldn't mind if Cass and Babs lived together. Overall I wouldn't mind if they want a elsewhere story with Babs adopted Cass if they aren't going to change the age gap. That Babs works at a library and teaches Cass to read and speech.

I mean overall if they at least have it be that she and cass have a good relationship would be good

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    If anything I wouldn't mind if Cass and Babs lived together. Overall I wouldn't mind if they want a elsewhere story with Babs adopted Cass if they aren't going to change the age gap. That Babs works at a library and teaches Cass to read and speech.

I mean overall if they at least have it be that she and cass have a good relationship would be good
    Well, that is basically their dynamic...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    It's generally nice, but I'd prefer a straight-up cape rather than all those ribbons surrounding her.

Makes it look like they were copying that female Wraith (Yuri Watanabe) from Amazing Spider-Man.

I also prefer a straight cape but that's an interesting take on it .

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Craig Cermak.

BGCermak.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Craig Cermak.

BGCermak.jpg
    Sometimes you can't top the classics .