Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    This seems like wishful thinking
    If we’re lucky she will get the bat symbol on her chest
    I don't see why they won't make her Batgirl, although their reasoning for it was kind of weird to the point of sounding like a mandate.

Extraordinary Member

I doubt that she will get bigger role in YJ even if she becomes Batgirl.

Barbara is on the show since season 1, Tim since season 2 and they have hardly gotten any focus sofar. With Barbara even having major developments like becoming Batgirl and getting cripled and becoming oracle in between seasons, that iirc never got really mentioned on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I doubt that she will get bigger role in YJ even if she becomes Batgirl.

Barbara is on the show since season 1, Tim since season 2 and they have hardly gotten any focus sofar. With Barbara even having major developments like becoming Batgirl and getting cripled and becoming oracle in between seasons, that iirc never got really mentioned on screen.
    But the thing was Barbara didn't have much of a role in Season 1. Season 2 she appeared as Batgirl, but only maybe two episodes of note? Season 3 she shined the most as Oracle. Question is will we see evolution at work when it comes to Cass or Steph? Are they stuck in these roles?
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    Question is will we see evolution at work when it comes to Cass or Steph? Are they stuck in these roles?
    They might evolve but very likely mostly off screen.

I mean it is of course possible that one of them will be a main character in a future season, but I don't think that the chances are high.

Astonishing Member

But the thing was Barbara didn't have much of a role in Season 1. Season 2 she appeared as Batgirl, but only maybe two episodes of note? Season 3 she shined the most as Oracle. Question is will we see evolution at work when it comes to Cass or Steph? Are they stuck in these roles?
    It's possible Cassandra or Stephanie will become Batgirl. Or even Batgirls.

However, this would be fanservice for comic fans at most, the characters will still be relegated in the story.

There are too many characters in Young Justice. And, unlike Titans, there isn't a big predilection for Bat-Family members.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But is the "Cassandra" in Batwheels really her or just more in name-only?
    Pretty much Babs with a race lift.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

However, this would be fanservice for comic fans at most, the characters will still be relegated in the story.

There are too many characters in Young Justice. And, unlike Titans, there isn't a big predilection for Bat-Family members.
    The Batman Inc. kids definitely got the short end of the stick in terms of screentime.

https://theartofcamillecruz.tumblr.com/

One of the colourists on the Wayne Adventures WebToon series

That is the grand problem of Young Justice. So many characters, so little time.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

That is the grand problem of Young Justice. So many characters, so little time.
    And no comic tie-in to expand on stuff either...

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I honestly don't know why YJ felt the need to play with every character under the sun instead of sticking to a core 5-6 every season.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I honestly don't know why YJ felt the need to play with every character under the sun instead of sticking to a core 5-6 every season.
    Because world building! I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And no comic tie-in to expand on stuff either...
    That is the true downside with Season 3. It only had one "prequel" comic to build on while Seasons 1 and 2 had so many issues that expanded on everything from bits of dialogue to important scenes the cartoon never showed (Beast Boy's origin and his mom's death by Queen Bee).

That is the true downside with Season 3. It only had one "prequel" comic to build on while Seasons 1 and 2 had so many issues that expanded on everything from bits of dialogue to important scenes the cartoon never showed (Beast Boy's origin and his mom's death by Queen Bee).
    Very much agreed...

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I think it's because they don't know if the show's gonna be cancelled again or if it's gonna be renewed, so they cram in as much as possible