Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Why would she do that?
    All the other ninja girls handle swords.
    Why would a hand-to-hand fighter who hates killing people use a sword?

She's not Damian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    Hopefully, Shiva breaks it (and Cass disarms her's) and it comes down to hand-to-hand fighting between the two. My only worry is given this was probably written last year the whole "no hints at getting a bat symbol or Batgirl" was in lockdown in early 2021.
    I hope her dealing with Shiva in this is building up to her becoming Batgirl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    I always preferred Cass as Orphan. The same goes for Stephanie as Spoiler. Both of them having their own superhero codenames is better than them being Batgirl.
    Orphan is a terrible name though.

Like, her mother is literally on the poster!

Yeah, I hate her being called Orphan, because she ISN'T an orphan. If she can't be called Batgirl, find another alternative. In story, there'd be no reason why she can't be Batgirl - Babs is already in the wheelchair as Oracle, so the Batgirl mantle is vacant.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I always preferred Cass as Orphan. The same goes for Stephanie as Spoiler. Both of them having their own superhero codenames is better than them being Batgirl.
    I disagree on that. Stephanie can be slotted into any identity and it just works because that's the benefit of Steph's character. Cassandra? Orphan is a very limited identity. The identity feels like an opening chapter with the next being Batgirl and barring it ever happening again Black Bat. It feels like character progression on Cassandra's end with each role having a limited scope given the nature of character progression that befalls Cass. The problem with Orphan is after she drops being the loner angle then the identity becomes hypocritical.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, I hate her being called Orphan, because she ISN'T an orphan. If she can't be called Batgirl, find another alternative. In story, there'd be no reason why she can't be Batgirl - Babs is already in the wheelchair as Oracle, so the Batgirl mantle is vacant.
    Wait . . . when did Barbara get confined to a wheelchair again?

I thought she was just spending less time in action as Batgirl because she was trying not to strain the implant that had allowed her to walk and do other stuff again?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Wait . . . when did Barbara get confined to a wheelchair again?

I thought she was just spending less time in action as Batgirl because she was trying not to strain the implant that had allowed her to walk and do other stuff again?
    I think Blight means Young Justice.

In YJ, Barbara is in the wheelchair and the Batgirl mantle is vacant.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I think Blight means Young Justice.

In YJ, Barbara is in the wheelchair and the Batgirl mantle is vacant.
    Actually, it was Digifiend that mentioned Babs in the wheelchair.

And since I've never watched / have no interest in the animated series Young Justice, I guess I don't have to worry about that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why would a hand-to-hand fighter who hates killing people use a sword?

literally on the poster!
    I guess everyone could get disarmed, cheshire like to break out the sai s and get close. As a response Artemis always has a sword now. As does shiva in this universe. I mean your right but it I don’t feel like they are gonna do that. Also if I will also find it odd if no one dies in this little assassins arc. I’m realizing their isn’t a lot of hand to hand in this show, minus the superhuman characters

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Like, her mother is literally on the poster!
    While I'm not a fan of the name either, I'm going to play Devil's Advocate and say: Wouldn't the point of calling yourself Orphan when you have two living parents be that you're rejecting your parentage? Ie, in a 'If these are my parents then I have no parents' kind of way, since you're a hero and your parents are both bad, villainous people?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I guess everyone could get disarmed, cheshire like to break out the sai s and get close. As a response Artemis always has a sword now. As does shiva in this universe. I mean your right but it I don’t feel like they are gonna do that. Also if I will also find it odd if no one dies in this little assassins arc. I’m realizing their isn’t a lot of hand to hand in this show, minus the superhuman characters
    At least Cheshire I can buy because, well, she's still an assassin at the end of the day and doesn't care about killing people (maybe she cares more than she used to, but still).

I don't get why adaptions other than Arkham Origins keeps giving Shiva weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avantre View Post
    While I'm not a fan of the name either, I'm going to play Devil's Advocate and say: Wouldn't the point of calling yourself Orphan when you have two living parents be that you're rejecting your parentage? Ie, in a 'If these are my parents then I have no parents' kind of way, since you're a hero and your parents are both bad, villainous people?
    I get that, but isn't it depressing to use a name that indicates you're alone and have no family even one you completely reject?

Even in the comics she took it in honor of the father who was terrible to her and literally made her someone who probably has created a few orphans.

I'm always surprised people seem as okay with that name as they are.

Instead of Orphan, how about Prodigy? I think that defines the character way better than Orphan.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Instead of Orphan, how about Prodigy? I think that defines the character way better than Orphan.
    Taken by Marvel, but it fits.

I know. But I don't think anybody is using it right now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ok fine. She can have a new name if the majority of the fandom don't like Orphan and seeing that Cass is still in her Orphan costume in season 4 it is safe to assume that the new Batgirl is Stephanie

Ok fine. She can have a new name if the majority of the fandom don't like it and seeing that Cass is in her Orphan costume in season 4 it is safe to assume that the new Batgirl is Stephanie
    Or neither of them have become Batgirl yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Avantre View Post
    It's still defining yourself in relation to your parents. Even if that definition is rejection.

Cass is Batgirl. No other codename besides maybe Black Bat (which can't be used due to copy right reasons) fits. Barbara has Oracle, Steph has Spoiler, Cass doesn't have a code name that's as good as Batgirl.