Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It's still defining yourself in relation to your parents. Even if that definition is rejection.

Cass is Batgirl. No other codename besides maybe Black Bat (which can't be used due to copy right reasons) fits. Barbara has Oracle, Steph has Spoiler, Cass doesn't have a code name that's as good as Batgirl.
    Spoiler isn't a code name as good as Batgirl either. I don't know why people think Spoiler sounds better than Orphan.

That said, I don't like Orphan code name either. I would like Shadow Bat for Cassandra if she couldn't be Batgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Spoiler isn't a code name as good as Batgirl either. I don't know why people think Spoiler sounds better than Orphan.

That said, I don't like Orphan code name either. I would like Shadow Bat for Cassandra if she couldn't be Batgirl.
    Spoiler I think fits Steph's personality and is catchy. But that's my opinion.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Also she made it herself. It's not an inherited mantle. That's why I prefer it.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

Like others have said, she came up with it herself and it's not an inherited mantle. Spoiler also fits because her father is Cluemaster and she's trying to spoil his crimes and later on she's spoiling other people's crimes.

All codenames are silly. We are just more used to some than others.

I feel that Shadow Bat sounds like a cool code name like 'The Dark Knight' or 'Boy Wonder' rather than a full code name in it's own right.

The Black Bat codename can be used. Just not on an ongoing it seems. They did use it during DC Bombshells when it was originally thought the codename was lost. Not to mention it's also the first figure (in a long while) Cass had just two years ago. Sure it's preschool, but damn is Fisher-Price teaching the youth about Cass at least.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

BANNED

I've always liked the Bat costumes that covered the mouth. Thought that made them look much more intimidating and threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Devil View Post
    I've always liked the Bat costumes that covered the mouth. Thought that made them look much more intimidating and threatening.
    Agreed .

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    . . . Not to mention it's also the first figure (in a long while) Cass had just two years ago. Sure it's preschool, but damn is Fisher-Price teaching the youth about Cass at least.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

I love how she's paired with ninja Batman .

It still amazes me that Fisher Price has given us TWO Cass figures. That one, and a recolored Burnside Babs done up in Cass's colors (they made that one last year).

97778bd7-ce73-4a31-ac24-6821fb76b147.e3a7d275cd7f2e904d4a875fc50b9f2d.jpeg
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Honestly I still think that with Rose having real precog (even if it is very limited) and being low level superhuman, should be actually stronger than Cass who has "just" body reading and is peak human.
    Since she has basically better versions of all of Cass "powers".

But the powerlevels of Deahstroke is anyway all over the place.
    Wandering over from Rumbles, but it's worth noting that one of the interesting things about Cass (especially in her old series) and her capabilities is that she breaks the whole 'peak human' idea and stomps all over the pieces.

It's a thing in DC that sufficient skill/training can provide superhuman results. One only needs to look at Shiva, Richard Dragon, and so forth in some of the stuff they do (coughsKarateKidcoughs). Cass in her old series does stuff like 'wait until four people fire at her, THEN deliberately dodge in and out of the paths of the bullets, then beat-down all four attackers while they're shown as being - panel after panel - unblinking statues'. She moves 3-4' and punches a guy in the face in the amount of time it takes a bullet to travel about 8'. She beats up more than a dozen people in the amount of time it takes for a man to climb three stairs and turn a corner, and when he enters the room some of the people she beat up are still - on panel - floating in the air, inverted, from her hits and Cass has already grabbed a firehose and scampered across the room with it. Batman climbs out a window onto a window ledge, and in that amount of time Cass goes out another window in another wall, runs around the corner of the window ledge, and passes Bruce. She outruns her own thrown Batarangs, and runs past a woman so fast the wind pulls the woman's hair sideways. David Cain shoots sniper rounds at her for 'training' when she's six years old, they get within about 12" of her head before she starts to move, and she dodges them. She treats bullet-proof glass like spun sugar, kicks her way through 3" thick fused quartz, kicks down the exterior wall of prison buildings, shatters gravestones with missed strikes that aren't serious, puts cracks in subway walls with headbutts, and blasts a katana into shards (not 'snaps it', it literally gets busted like glass) when it's actually held in Shiva's hand (so, not in a visegrip or anything). She hits hard enough to make a man who is 100% bulletproof to pistol rounds (to the point where it doesn't even cause him pain) say 'ow!' and spit blood. These kinds of things aren't one-offs in her original series; they happen all the time, over and over again (not going to touch stuff like 'hitting Superboy through his force field', because that's getting into silliness and was a comedic moment).

Heck, a bunch of government scientists whose job it is to study metahumans watch a video of her and are 100% convinced that Cass is a metahuman. Unsurprisingly, given her demonstrated capabilities.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-01-2021 at 07:40 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

It still amazes me that Fisher Price has given us TWO Cass figures. That one, and a recolored Burnside Babs done up in Cass's colors (they made that one last year).

I was thinking I don't remember seeing that figure, but looking on the internet I discovered it was one of those "Slammer" things with a figure and a cheap "Batmobile".

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I DO like this one. ^_^ Even has her big ol'clunky boots. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Actually, it was Digifiend that mentioned Babs in the wheelchair.

And since I've never watched / have no interest in the animated series Young Justice, I guess I don't have to worry about that.
    Yeah - and I was referring to in Young Justice. The conversation started from Cass being on a YJ teaser poster.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah - and I was referring to in Young Justice. The conversation started from Cass being on a YJ teaser poster.
    Actually, the thread jumps around between different things that people are discussing, so you can't always tell if someone is talking about the comic books or about animated versions if there's no quote included as to what a person's replying to.