Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Actually, the thread jumps around between different things that people are discussing, so you can't always tell if someone is talking about the comic books or about animated versions if there's no quote included as to what a person's replying to.
    It is a great big ball of stuff that we enjoy talking of.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I was thinking I don't remember seeing that figure, but looking on the internet I discovered it was one of those "Slammer" things with a figure and a cheap "Batmobile".

I hate blind buys. I got the Black Bat one, but this one I wasn't willing to play the guessing game.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I was thinking I don't remember seeing that figure, but looking on the internet I discovered it was one of those "Slammer" things with a figure and a cheap "Batmobile".

I hate blind buys. I got the Black Bat one, but this one I wasn't willing to play the guessing game.
    At least those individual figures in the "blind buy" packs (like CatMan, Killer Moth, Signal, Carrie as Robin, etc.) have codes on the back that you can find out which pack has which figure. Don't know if the "Slammers" had similar codes stamped on the box.

At least those individual figures in the "blind buy" packs (like CatMan, Killer Moth, Signal, Carrie as Robin, etc.) have codes on the back that you can find out which pack has which figure. Don't know if the "Slammers" had similar codes stamped on the box.
    They did and were a pain in the butt to match the code that had Cass. Since at the time of release last year no one knew which one had which. I mean now we have the numbers but dang was that annoying getting every single one just to attain that Cass.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Extraordinary Member

I had a feeling they were gonna make Cass the silent Asian

I am loving this bad girls club of assassins' daughters lol the gangs really all here. Much better start to an arc since its filled with characters we know and are invested in.

the only girl missing is Rose Wilson

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Roberta Maya.

RobertaMayaCassBG.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I had a feeling they were gonna make Cass the silent Asian

I am loving this bad girls club of assassins' daughters lol the gangs really all here. Much better start to an arc since its filled with characters we know and are invested in.

the only girl missing is Rose Wilson
    I'm wondering if they're waiting for the episode with her mother to have her finally say something, assuming maybe Gwendoline Yeo ends up voicing Cass too.

Hard to think that in all the time she's been with these people they haven't helped her learn to speak yet. Maybe we get monosyllabic Cass for when she's Batgirl.

Hello friends, what run or comic issues should I read for someone wanting to get Cass? I'm getting back into comics after like 2 years and just got my DC Universe Infinite subscription and her character in particular appeals to me right now

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Hello friends, what run or comic issues should I read for someone wanting to get Cass? I'm getting back into comics after like 2 years and just got my DC Universe Infinite subscription and her character in particular appeals to me right now
    If you haven't already read her original series (back in 2000), start there.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    The only books since Rebirth where she was appearing regularly where Tynions Run on TEC and after that Batman and the Outsiders (and the Harley Quninn Birds of Prey mini if you count that), since those where team books how big her role where changed from arc to arc.

At the moment she has only guest appearances (currently in Nightwing afiak) and an occasional anthology story, but there is an upcoming Batgirls book starring her and Steph.

She had iirc also a bigger role in two of the DCeased Minis (but I'm blanking on the names).
    Last edited by Aahz; 11-08-2021 at 03:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The only books since Rebirth where she was appearing regularly where Tynions Run on TEC and after that Batman and the Outsiders (and the Harley Quninn Birds of Prey mini if you count that), since those where team books how big her role where changed from arc to arc.

At the moment she has only guest appearances (currently in Nightwing afiak) and an occasional anthology story, but there is an upcoming Batgirls book starring her and Steph.

She had iirc also a bigger role in two of the DCeased Minis (but I'm blanking on the names).
    Starring Jason right? DCeased Unkillables

Is the entirety of her original run good? Just wondering if there are some issues/sections that I should skip or not?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Starring Jason right? DCeased Unkillables
    In DCeased Unkillables (which was despite of the marketing not really staring Jason) and she had afaik also a role in DCeased Dead Planet.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm wondering if they're waiting for the episode with her mother to have her finally say something, assuming maybe Gwendoline Yeo ends up voicing Cass too.

Hard to think that in all the time she's been with these people they haven't helped her learn to speak yet. Maybe we get monosyllabic Cass for when she's Batgirl.
    I wouldn’t get my hopes up, if she and step are not batgirl now they aren’t changing anything, just like the bat family comic
    Also with this large a groups, all the arrow kids tigress, spoiler onyx Cassandra cheshire , Ra’s sect and soon to be incoming deathstroke and Shiva it would not suprise me they just left her silent

All-New Member

If you're looking for a single story to introduce the character and you don't mind the format, I'd recommend the recent Shadow of the Batgirl graphic novel as a highly praised thing to dip your toes into.

The original run went from 7 years from 2000 to 2006 and comprises 73 total issues. Most of the later issues aren't collected anywhere outside of the high seas. I've heard a lot of people say that people should start reading Cass stuff with her first appearances in No Man's Land, and while her stuff there is good, I don't think it's necessary to track all that down if you're just newly interested in the character and want to get into the main run. You can't go just wrong starting with issue 1 and reading all the way through to issue 37. These are all collected in the first three collected volumes (1-12,13-25,26-37 respectively).

Here are some other milestones you might care about from there:

- Issue 25 is one of my all time favorite issues of any comic book series and is really the pinnacle of the original series IMO.
    - The OG author Kelley Puckett leaves the series after 37 and there's a notable tonal shift at this point. I still think it's worth reading past that but it's no longer one of the best stories of the decade past this point. At this point you'll definitely struggle to find stuff outside of illegal means.
    - A fair amount of this run (maybe 4 of the original 37 or so?) are part of crossovers that were happening across Bat books at the time (stuff like Officer Down and Fugitive). To my recollection of these can be skipped outright unless you care about those event.
    - The other big tone shift is around issue 58 where Cass leaves for Bloodhaven. I've heard mixed views on this era, but every comic fan hates where the character went after the end of this run.

The only other high quality thing Cass is part of post-Crisis is probably Gates of Gotham. She's in other stuff of course. There was a six issue mini in 09 with the express purpose of retconning one year later stuff, and she has some smaller appearances in Outsiders and Red Robin and stuff but none of this is worth tracking down on its own unless you're already a big fan of the character (although the Red Robin run is probably worth reading on its own merits).

Post New-52 it gets a lot easier. Batman and Robin Eternal, then Tynion's Detective Comics run (the one with the Gothamn Knights that the new Arkham Game will be loosely based on), then Batman and the Outsiders. There's a new series coming soon with her and Spoiler but that hasn't started yet. Other one shot appearances from this period are the one shot in Festival of Heroes (which has the best art the character has ever had IMO), and DCeased Unkillables.