Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I wouldn’t get my hopes up, if she and step are not batgirl now they aren’t changing anything, just like the bat family comic
    Also with this large a groups, all the arrow kids tigress, spoiler onyx Cassandra cheshire , Ra’s sect and soon to be incoming deathstroke and Shiva it would not suprise me they just left her silent
    It doesn't make sense to me why a show based around so many legacy characters would never actually feature those characters taking on their legacies.

For now it seems like she might be still too entrenched in her LoS training to properly be Batgirl. She might talk more when that happens.

Of course the show has to make do with their VA budget so it would probably be more convenient to just have her not speak, unless it's for a pivotal moment. I forget they didn't even have Katana talk.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It doesn't make sense to me why a show based around so many legacy characters would never actually feature those characters taking on their legacies.

For now it seems like she might be still too entrenched in her LoS training to properly be Batgirl. She might talk more when that happens.

Of course the show has to make do with their VA budget so it would probably be more convenient to just have her not speak, unless it's for a pivotal moment. I forget they didn't even have Katana talk.
    Well for one it becasue of the stubbornes, for other its becasue the mentor ages super slow.
    Batman we know has had dick grayson since he was at least 9. Dick is 23-24, He is aging, and in time the mantle will have to go to someone else, unless he takes a lazarus dip.
    Wonder Woman doent age like normal humans, we may never see her step down from her mantle unless she is slain
    The same for clark.

Whereas aquaman has a normal lifespan and has already passed on his mantle
    Hal jordan has gray hair now, and we have 2 other lanterns from earth working

Perhaps Babs will come back to being batgirl, i personally hope not, DC may not allow weissman to pass the batgirl torch, mabey they want someone else to be batgirl like tiffany or onyx.

Its honestly better to have your own identity, but we know with the batgirl mantle comes a level of status and frequency of use you wont likey get as jsut another female vigilante.
    We dont get enough about cass to really comment on her status, hopefully this arc will shed some light on her, but as I mentioned previous we have alot of players, and only 3 more episodes and the ventral focus is meant for Artemis and Cheshire.

I just realized Artemis was partially given Cass's backstory, particularly her time with David who is more or less this version sport master's inspiration. Luckily Artemis was allowed to develop a personality growing up.

Well for one it becasue of the stubbornes, for other its becasue the mentor ages super slow.
    Batman we know has had dick grayson since he was at least 9. Dick is 23-24, He is aging, and in time the mantle will have to go to someone else, unless he takes a lazarus dip.
    Wonder Woman doent age like normal humans, we may never see her step down from her mantle unless she is slain
    The same for clark.

Whereas aquaman has a normal lifespan and has already passed on his mantle
    Hal jordan has gray hair now, and we have 2 other lanterns from earth working

Perhaps Babs will come back to being batgirl, i personally hope not, DC may not allow weissman to pass the batgirl torch, mabey they want someone else to be batgirl like tiffany or onyx.

Its honestly better to have your own identity, but we know with the batgirl mantle comes a level of status and frequency of use you wont likey get as jsut another female vigilante.
    We dont get enough about cass to really comment on her status, hopefully this arc will shed some light on her, but as I mentioned previous we have alot of players, and only 3 more episodes and the ventral focus is meant for Artemis and Cheshire.

I just realized Artemis was partially given Cass's backstory, particularly her time with David who is more or less this version sport master's inspiration. Luckily Artemis was allowed to develop a personality growing up.
    I have a hard time seeing Babs coming back as Batgirl. This show doesn't seem to be in the business of looking back. Which just makes it even weirder that there isn't a new Batgirl yet unless it's for story reasons, or why we haven't seen Babs mentoring her actual established protege's on the show yet.

Cass was on the poster so I would think she'll be relevant to this arc, if only just to confront Shiva.

I am kind of curious how David Cain worked in this universe since Cass was LoS and Shiva is associated with them now.

That text there is the Doctor Who font? Why did they think something designed for a sci-fi time travel show fits a street level comic book?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

DCAU What If...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I love it! Super great Cass art .

Mighty Member

I have a hard time seeing Babs coming back as Batgirl. This show doesn't seem to be in the business of looking back. Which just makes it even weirder that there isn't a new Batgirl yet unless it's for story reasons, or why we haven't seen Babs mentoring her actual established protege's on the show yet.
    I think this is one of the few times where DC or WB have interfered, kind of like the one character whose sexuality Greg Weisman and Brandon Vietti are not legally allowed to discuss. Saying that Steph and Cass wanted to have their own identities doesn't track in a show that is about mantles and legacies.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I think this is one of the few times where DC or WB have interfered, kind of like the one character whose sexuality Greg Weisman and Brandon Vietti are not legally allowed to discuss. Saying that Steph and Cass wanted to have their own identities doesn't track in a show that is about mantles and legacies.
    I felt the same way. It was weird enough with the webtoon.

(Of course now they're going to be publishing a Batgirls comic, so I guess DC can't make up their mind).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Does it not? Robin tells us straight up he doesn’t want to be Batman, so far so good, but since time is acknowled here he may have to don the mantle at some point.

Isn’t it more about the mentorship then taking on the mantles themselves

Does it not? Robin tells us straight up he doesn’t want to be Batman, so far so good, but since time is acknowled here he may have to don the mantle at some point.

Isn’t it more about the mentorship then taking on the mantles themselves
    I think it's about the forward progression.

(Of course they screwed Wally out of what should've been his, but that's a whole 'nother thing).

I felt the same way. It was weird enough with the webtoon.

(Of course now they're going to be publishing a Batgirls comic, so I guess DC can't make up their mind).
    DC's management has changed in the interim. YJ Phantoms has been in development since Outsiders was released two years ago. Didio was still in charge then.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I can't believe they made Cass's backstory in YJ arguably worse than in the comics.

Shiva might be worse than David Cain.

Extraordinary Member

I can't believe they made Cass's backstory in YJ arguably worse than in the comics.

Shiva might be worse than David Cain.
    he didnt mutilate her
    that's some deathstroke level crap is there still a chance Rose wilson will be on infinity island? Her and emiko are the only daughter assassins' left