Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by heyevaxx View Post
    Yay! Cass is nicely featured in Young Justice Artemis Through the Looking-Glass but still with no dialog. I'm not bothered by this since in OG Cass had many panels where she just looks at Batman or someone else and you get what she is communicating even though she's silent.

I was a tiny bit irked about her using so many weapons but that's a small tweak to her character. In pre-OYL Cassandra totally humiliated Shrike who was fighting her with knives which he claimed would allow him to beat her to which she replied "I don't need them" as she broke his arm. She's great with weapons like when she was undercover in Justice League Elite and when she was using Katana's sword to rescue the rest of the Outsiders but, other than Batarangs, she's normally all hands and feet. No matter; having her be a weapons user in YJ adds some more options for how the fight scenes are choreographed, it's fine. Plus, she can dramatically draw her sword to communicate like they did a couple times in this ep.

Yeesh! YJ Lady Shiva is quite a bad parent. I wonder if David Cain's original and new-Cass child abuse has simply been transferred to Shiva for YJ. Even if they intro Cassandra's father, he might not be given the horrific child abuse history since Shiva can own it now.

I hope the "Cassandra Wu-San" sticks and might be a way for Warner/DC to distance the real-comics-Cassandra from the Cassandra-in-name-only that appeared in the Birds of Prey film (I still can not watch all of it; so heart breaking to see the mis-writing of my Cassie). Maybe Cassandra Wu-San could appear in other animated, tv shows, and even films and this time be based much more closely on the comics and not the BoP presentation.

Anywhoozle... between YJ having more Cass, even mute Cass, and the upcoming Batgirls things are definitely looking up!

PS - "I'm fine with it if it's with the rest of the Batfamily and we see how much he cares about Cass."
    ^^^100% this!!! ^^^
    Having the Batfam show the love for Cass and deus ex machina when the YJ team is on the ropes while trying to rescue Cass would be epic.
    I rolled my eyes every time she grabbed a weapon. Like, is it that hard to depict an in-depth hand-to-hand fighter? It makes no sense for her character to use weapons unless she's not as averse to killing as comic Cass.

I think Cassandra Cain is too iconic for them to move away from but I'm not sure if they'll actually address it in the show.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by heyevaxx View Post
    I was a tiny bit irked about her using so many weapons but that's a small tweak to her character. In pre-OYL Cassandra totally humiliated Shrike who was fighting her with knives which he claimed would allow him to beat her to which she replied "I don't need them" as she broke his arm. She's great with weapons like when she was undercover in Justice League Elite and when she was using Katana's sword to rescue the rest of the Outsiders but, other than Batarangs, she's normally all hands and feet. No matter; having her be a weapons user in YJ adds some more options for how the fight scenes are choreographed, it's fine. Plus, she can dramatically draw her sword to communicate like they did a couple times in this ep.
    Its not just Cass, everyone in this arc is using katana's and other blades. Once we get to santa prisca everyone is in the clear to kill, as we know shiva and cass are quite capable with their hands, the other will need weapons to keep up. I don't expect Cassandra Savage to come out alive and free. someone is gonna strike her down with a sword.

Astonishing Member

This is the Yoshitaka Amano variant cover for Batgirls #1:

Attachment 115480

I wonder if this hints new Batgirl suits for Stephanie and Cassandra.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Its not just Cass, everyone in this arc is using katana's and other blades. Once we get to santa prisca everyone is in the clear to kill, as we know shiva and cass are quite capable with their hands, the other will need weapons to keep up. I don't expect Cassandra Savage to come out alive and free. someone is gonna strike her down with a sword.
    Hand-to-hand fighting is a lost art.

Not going to lie that vocal cord stuff was unexpected and hardcore. I feel really bad for YJ's Cass, they kinda took all the bad parenting and put it on Shiva, which is ok I guess. Hopefully we see some actual h2h combat alongside of the blade she's using.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

Attachment 115480

It looks like a final fantasy game

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

Attachment 115480

This is dope, didn't know we were getting a book
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    This is dope, didn't know we were getting a book
    Really?

There's a three-issue back-up feature going on in Batman, then the series itself begins in December.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Really?

There's a three-issue back-up feature going on in Batman, then the series itself begins in December.
    Yeah, I knew about the backup but not the actual book.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Yeah, I knew about the backup but not the actual book.
    Lots of variant covers, too. I just saw this one last night:

https://www.tfaw.com/catalogsearch/r...=batgirls+tfaw

Quote Originally Posted by omnipotentimpotent View Post
    Lots of variant covers, too. I just saw this one last night:

https://www.tfaw.com/catalogsearch/r...=batgirls+tfaw
    I love how Cass is the one doing the Batman pose .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love how Cass is the one doing the Batman pose .
    YESSSS!!!!!!!! The best thing about the cover.

All-New Member

Never posted here before, but it seems like a fun thing to do. Lately, I've been getting a few cass/kon commissions. This is one of my favorites.
    Milcay Page.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by T-o-C-A View Post
    Never posted here before, but it seems like a fun thing to do. Lately, I've been getting a few cass/kon commissions. This is one of my favorites.
    Milcay Page.jpg
    Art feels very DCAU.

Reminds me of that webtoon issue where everybody spies on Duke .

All-New Member

Artist is milcayart, super talented dude. Draws in a very DCAU-like art style.

And i swear i had this idea before that came out.