Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Shiva is a pretty terrible parent (and I'm not sure you could even call her that), she left Cass with Cain and the only interest she had in her pre flashpoint was fighting her in a duel to the death.

I mean (the comics version of) Cheshire is pretty unredeemable, but genuinely cares for Lian, Shiva's feelings towards Cass at best indifferent.
    That's why her whole "motherly" routine in Outsides felt off to me.

If we don't get a good hand-to-hand fight with Cass and Shiva in the show I'll be really disappointed.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Michael W. Conrad on Twitter and Liked by Becky Cloonan:

"We just call her Batgirl."

"In this case, Cass - seems like everyone is asking me today."

"We've been calling her Batgirl"

"(About Orphan) I dunno if it was a botch, a choice, a perspective, or what. I only know what we call her in our corner of Gotham. I'm not saying this to judge or anything... I've just been asked several times today."
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 11-20-2021 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

"(About Orphan) I dunno if it was a botch, a choice, a perspective, or what. I only know what we call her in our corner of Gotham. I'm not saying this to judge or anything... I've just been asked several times today."
    Well, at least the writing team for the solo are on-point .

I think Tamaki just didn't think about it.

Why not just call her Adopted Batgirl?

What do you guys think if they were to being back Babs age gap in a elsewhere or black label should we get a storyline of Babs adopting Cass and not Bruce Wayne ? Also what would be a better name for Cass than Black Bat or Batgirl?

I've always disliked every attempt to "revamp" Cass' origin. I feel they knocked it out of the park the first time, and every subsequent origin has missed or botched at least one element of it, which spoils the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What do you guys think if they were to being back Babs age gap in a elsewhere or black label should we get a storyline of Babs adopting Cass and not Bruce Wayne ? Also what would be a better name for Cass than Black Bat or Batgirl?
    I've always maintained that Barbara should've been the one to adopt Cass - considering that Babs was the one who named her 'Cassandra' in the first place - but also she acted as the more mature and involved parental figure anyway (especially when comparing her to Bruce).

The main issue now has to why many don't want Babs to adopted is they are too close in age since Dc likes to deage Babs. I rather they have kept the age gap because Babs is suppose to be the oldest. Cass was around how old when she meet the Batfam

I did think the insistence on the show that they were sisters was kind oof off because I see Babs more of a mother figure like Batman is her real father, especially with how overtly concerned she was about Cass in the show, but I guess the intention is still the same.

I'm really curious to see how Steph fits into everything.

Astonishing Member

In fact, the "We've been calling her Batgirl" is for Stephanie, while the "We just call her Batgirl" is for Cassandra.

Screenshot_20211121-134538_Chrome.jpg

I wonder how the writers will handle two characters using the same codename (Batgirl).
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-21-2021 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    In fact, the "We've been calling her Batgirl" is for Stephanie, while the "We just call her Batgirl" is for Cassandra.

I wonder how the writers will handle two characters using the same codename (Batgirl).
    Batgirl One and Two ?

I guess a better question is whether they'll use each others' name in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by km_sus View Post
    I've always maintained that Barbara should've been the one to adopt Cass - considering that Babs was the one who named her 'Cassandra' in the first place - but also she acted as the more mature and involved parental figure anyway (especially when comparing her to Bruce).
    Yeah, agree. If I ever ran a DC RPG campaign, I'd have it that Barbara had or was in the process of adopting Cassandra (if the information ever came up in session).

Forget where it was said that Barbara named her; since the names were so similar, I'd always assumed that Cassandra was named after her mother, Sandra.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The main issue now has to why many don't want Babs to adopted is they are too close in age since Dc likes to deage Babs. I rather they have kept the age gap because Babs is suppose to be the oldest. Cass was around how old when she meet the Batfam
    Even if Barbara is in her early 20s and Cass is a teen, Barbara could still get legal guardianship of her somehow and it'd be more of a sister/sister vibe.

It's not something I'm against but I dont want it to be "Bruce adopts all the Robins while Barbara adopts the Batgrls". Having him adopt a female is a good change of vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Even if Barbara is in her early 20s and Cass is a teen, Barbara could still get legal guardianship of her somehow and it'd be more of a sister/sister vibe.

It's not something I'm against but I dont want it to be "Bruce adopts all the Robins while Barbara adopts the Batgrls". Having him adopt a female is a good change of vibe.
    Yeah, I think of anyone it made the most sense that he officially adopted Cass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

Hopefully better then they do two robins
    The death metal finale was painful

Been watching the latest Young Justice episode and I just love Barbara's line: "Say the word and you will have the ENTIRE Bat Family enroute to Santa Prisca." In regards to Cassandra's capture. I just love the imagery of the entire clan coming down on the League for Cass.