Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wasn't Gail Simone told she couldn't use Cass the few times she wanted to bring her in? I seem to remember that being a thing.
    I do remember that after OYL, Cass appeared in the solicits for a BoP issue, but never showed up. I don't think Gail was the writer at the time, though.

Astonishing Member

The solicitations for May are on 4chan.

Cassandra will appear in DC FESTIVAL OF HEROES: THE ASIAN SUPERHERO CELEBRATION #1

1613138037569.jpg

I think it is an anthology, but she seems to be an important role there.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

Cassandra will appear in DC FESTIVAL OF HEROES: THE ASIAN SUPERHERO CELEBRATION #1

1613138037569.jpg

Taking point on the cover, I guess shows current DC knows she their most popular Asian character.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Taking point on the cover, I guess shows current DC knows she their most popular Asian character.
    Either that, or they're going by the "Bats Sell!" theory.

1613138037569.jpg

Thank goodness they ditched the Orphan costume by now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    They never developed her relationship with Tim or Dick in their books, her maternal relationship with Babs wasn't acknowledged outside of Cass' book and I'm pretty sure that Brubaker was the only one to use Cass in his Batman book. She never joined another ongoing series/team book, and was never the star of the spin off books like Gotham Knights or Batman and Superman.

And this was in the era before there are a million sidekicks, and characters walked in and out of other's books pretty casually.
    She was a major character in Batman& the outsider until Dixon left the book. Babs didn't have her own book, the closest she got to it was Birds of Prey and she had her own thing going in it, Cass and Tim relationship was slow built. A lot of characters walked in Batgirl (Tim, Steph and Babs was a major recurring character along with Bruce). Cass was never an A lister character so of course she never got the star treatment, but there was a time when Dc cared about her, or else she would have never gotten 80 issues of Batgirl plus all the other one shots and minis.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wasn't Gail Simone told she couldn't use Cass the few times she wanted to bring her in? I seem to remember that being a thing.
    Idk about Gail (and I'm glad she never got to write Cass because she never understood her character) but i know Snyder, Morrison and Bendis wanted to use Cass at some point or another and were told no

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Idk about Gail (and I'm glad she never got to write Cass because she never understood her character) but i know Snyder, Morrison and Bendis wanted to use Cass at some point or another and were told no
    In the case of Snyder, I've understood it was just a cameo in Batman #1 (at the end, he put Harper in that space). I don't think it was said he wants to use Cass after that.

In the case of Snyder, I've understood it was just a cameo in Batman #1 (at the end, he put Harper in that space). I don't think it was said he wants to use Cass after that.
    Oh, all I've heard was that he wanted to use her

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Harper's role during The Court is saving Batman from dying, so if it's Cass, she'll be in costume, and later join the rest of the Batfam fighting Night of the Owls.

Maybe it will still be only a cameo, like how Capullo drew the Bat fam looking for Batman all over Gotham when he's lost in the Labyrinth. Maybe instead of leaving Harper in the snow, Cass would accompany Bruce back to the cave. Anything that make sense for her character within the context of the story and panel time.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    She was a major character in Batman& the outsider until Dixon left the book. Babs didn't have her own book, the closest she got to it was Birds of Prey and she had her own thing going in it, Cass and Tim relationship was slow built. A lot of characters walked in Batgirl (Tim, Steph and Babs was a major recurring character along with Bruce). Cass was never an A lister character so of course she never got the star treatment, but there was a time when Dc cared about her, or else she would have never gotten 80 issues of Batgirl plus all the other one shots and minis.
    Cass in Outsiders was just her getting dumped in a directionless title that was soon cancelled.

Back when the Bat family was just Bruce, Babs, Dick, Tim, Helena and Cass (with Steph being the Red headed step child), characters stepped into and out of each other's books casually. Often to emphasize their familiar relationships. Dick and Tim teamed up with Bruce all the damn time in one book or another, often emphasizing his paternal/mentor role. A more famous example was Dick and Tim riding atop a train blindfolded, 'cause that's how the Bat family rolls :P

Cass never really got that. She was largely contained to her own title, and I can't think of a single plotline for her that emphasized a brotherly relationship with Tim or Dick. DC only cared enough to create her. They never gave her the chance she deserved, IMO.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Harper's role during The Court is saving Batman from dying, so if it's Cass, she'll be in costume, and later join the rest of the Batfam fighting Night of the Owls.

Maybe it will still be only a cameo, like how Capullo drew the Bat fam looking for Batman all over Gotham when he's lost in the Labyrinth. Maybe instead of leaving Harper in the snow, Cass would accompany Bruce back to the cave. Anything that make sense for her character within the context of the story and panel time.
    I've understood Snyder plans that Cassandra to appear in Batman #1 (New 52), but DC doesn't allowed this, so he put Harper there.

However, it has never been said that Cassandra will be used on other parts of the Court of Owls arc. It is also never been said that Harper role in this arc will be for Cassandra.

It's pretty possible Snyder always wants to create a new character like Harper (comic writers really like to do this). She just won't have a cameo in Batman #1.
    Last edited by Konja7; 02-12-2021 at 01:38 PM.

Cass in Outsiders was just her getting dumped in a directionless title that was soon cancelled.

Back when the Bat family was just Bruce, Babs, Dick, Tim, Helena and Cass (with Steph being the Red headed step child), characters stepped into and out of each other's books casually. Often to emphasize their familiar relationships. Dick and Tim teamed up with Bruce all the damn time in one book or another, often emphasizing his paternal/mentor role. A more famous example was Dick and Tim riding atop a train blindfolded, 'cause that's how the Bat family rolls :P

Cass never really got that. She was largely contained to her own title, and I can't think of a single plotline for her that emphasized a brotherly relationship with Tim or Dick. DC only cared enough to create her. They never gave her the chance she deserved, IMO.
    The Robin/Batgirl crossover actually had some good Cass-Tim interactions. Would have been Batgirl issue 59# from her side if I'm not mistaking. Tim/Cass basically had a close brother/sister relationship as seen in the Red Robin series Pre-52, they made a great team. Dick and Cass.. can't think of any story lines that focused strictly on those two and their relationship.

Disagree. The Outsiders under Dixon was far from directionless. He clearly had long term plans for the book that never materialized because it got caught up in line wide events like Batman RIP, Dixon leaving the book was what sent the book into a lull period until Tomasi came on board but he had no interest in Cass.

Cass in Outsiders was bonding with Katana, Grace Choi and Thunder.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Disagree. The Outsiders under Dixon was far from directionless. He clearly had long term plans for the book that never materialized because it got caught up in line wide events like Batman RIP, Dixon leaving the book was what sent the book into a lull period until Tomasi came on board but he had no interest in Cass.

Cass in Outsiders was bonding with Katana, Grace Choi and Thunder.
    By directionless, I mean that DC had no real plans to allow Outsiders to continue in its then current form. It tread water for a bit then old cast, IIRC. Dixon was a good writer for Cass, but he was by EiC pressure the entire time