Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Cass had plenty of cameos throughout her original tenor. She wasn't just kept to her own book like you seem to be implying.....She interacted with the rest of the family and appeared in their books as well.
    Here's a list of her pre-52 appearances: https://casscain.fandom.com/wiki/New_Earth_Chronology

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    By directionless, I mean that DC had no real plans to allow Outsiders to continue in its then current form. It tread water for a bit then old cast, IIRC. Dixon was a good writer for Cass, but he was by EiC pressure the entire time
    That's on DC. Dixon clearly had a plan and he kept Batman on monitor duty so whatever happened in the latter's title shouldn't have thrown the Outsiders off track. Yet they allowed it to happen.

Cass would still go on co-found 'The Network' with Nightwing even though the Outsiders disbanded.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    The Robin/Batgirl crossover actually had some good Cass-Tim interactions. Would have been Batgirl issue 59# from her side if I'm not mistaking. Tim/Cass basically had a close brother/sister relationship as seen in the Red Robin series Pre-52, they made a great team. Dick and Cass.. can't think of any story lines that focused strictly on those two and their relationship.
    This is the biggest “crossover conversation” issue for her I can think of, about three solid pages of Tim and Cass sharing coffee and talking about their POVs. To be honest, it’s the only story from that period from Identity Crisis’s to Nicieza’s run on Robin I ever really sought out for either character

It was pretty good scene, all things considered. They made an facinating couple of partners.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    This is the biggest “crossover conversation” issue for her I can think of, about three solid pages of Tim and Cass sharing coffee and talking about their POVs. To be honest, it’s the only story from that period from Identity Crisis’s to Nicieza’s run on Robin I ever really sought out for either character

It was pretty good scene, all things considered. They made an facinating couple of partners.
    They really did make a stellar team

I think the only major Dick and Cass moment I can think of is during Murder/Fugitive when she's helping them figure out her dad did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthborn View Post
    Cass had plenty of cameos throughout her original tenor. She wasn't just kept to her own book like you seem to be implying.....She interacted with the rest of the family and appeared in their books as well.
    Here's a list of her pre-52 appearances: https://casscain.fandom.com/wiki/New_Earth_Chronology
    Thanks for posting this there's some appearances I never knew about

So Jim Lee finally got to draw his design of Cass.

pDZe4BPCseQ9aDtSfBvtqC.jpg

Astonishing Member

So cass is orphan in batgirls yet called batgirl in nightwing with barbs being oracle in both...... also step x cass is cannon ? I don't know anymore

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Idk about Gail (and I'm glad she never got to write Cass because she never understood her character) but i know Snyder, Morrison and Bendis wanted to use Cass at some point or another and were told no
    It's pretty clear in retrospect, that you-know-who was out to sabotage the character and pave the way for Barbara to become Batgirl since at least Infinite Crisis ended. The embargo on Cass in New 52 (until Rebirth) was the clearest sign. But Tomasi/Berganza both editing books during One Year Later that tried to make her a villain (Robin and Supergirl) shows that the order came up from on high.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 02-16-2021 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    . . . The embargo on Cass in New 52 (until Rebirth) was the clearest sign...
    Actually, Cassandra Cain showed up in Batman and Robin Eternal, which began about a half year prior to Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    So cass is orphan in batgirls yet called batgirl in nightwing with barbs being oracle in both...... also step x cass is cannon ? I don't know anymore
    I really don't understand why it is so hard to keep all stuff like this sorted out in DC comics publishing. Is it so difficult to have one last look over the final draft before going to print to prevent mistakes like this? Or maybe they do have a guy/girl but their priorities are more on making money and deadlines than making a quality and reputable product.

Also the Cass and Steph friendship has been close ever since Bruce started Stephanie training in the batcave and Cass gave her the advice to "get faster" back in 2001-2002 (Robin #88). Since then Steph had been a mainstay of Cass' support cast as the "close friend" (the "Iolus" to Cass' "Hercules" for those who get that reference). The friendship is so close that Rule 34 often portrays them as "friends-who-sleep-together-for-fun" or fan fiction depicts them as two thirds of a threesome relationship with Timothy Drake.
    After the New 52 reboot and that relationship was extinguished it looked like Blue Bird was being primed to be Cass' new buddy until Blue Bird disappeared from the vigilante game. Now the Steph-Cass friendship seems to be rising again.
    I, for one, like the friendship. Its a very "night-day", "assassin-civilian", "professional-casual", yin-yang" type relationship and they play well off of each other as characters.

I don't think they are an official couple, however. Just gal friends.
    Last edited by Ruthborn; 02-16-2021 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthborn View Post
    I really don't understand why it is so hard to keep all stuff like this sorted out in DC comics publishing. Is it so difficult to have one last look over the final draft before going to print to prevent mistakes like this? Or maybe they do have a guy/girl but their priorities are more on making money and deadlines than making a quality and reputable product.

Also the Cass and Steph friendship has been close ever since Bruce started Stephanie training in the batcave and Cass gave her the advice to "get faster" back in 2001-2002 (Robin #88). Since then Steph had been a mainstay of Cass' support cast as the "close friend" (the "Iolus" to Cass' "Hercules" for those who get that reference). The friendship is so close that Rule 34 often portrays them as "friends-who-sleep-together-for-fun" or fan fiction depicts them as two thirds of a threesome relationship with Timothy Drake.
    After the New 52 reboot and that relationship was extinguished it looked like Blue Bird was being primed to be Cass' new buddy until Blue Bird disappeared from the vigilante game. Now the Steph-Cass friendship seems to be rising again.
    I, for one, like the friendship. Its a very "night-day", "assassin-civilian", "professional-casual", yin-yang" type relationship and they play well off of each other as characters.

I don't think they are an official couple, however. Just gal friends.
    Yeah, I'm glad Cass and Steph's friendship is back to the forefront (I don't see them romantically at all, personally).

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Sorry it took so long. Here is Jim Lee's original sketch of Cass from way back in 2008. Note how similar it is to the new cover art.

Jimleebatgirl.jpg

https://www.denofgeek.com/comics/bat...lot-scarecrow/

Sounds like Cass and Stephanie are in Joker ongoing as Agents of Oracle

"The Gordon family is a very central force in the book, and tied very closely into that is the new arrangement in which we have Barbara Gordon working a bit more [behind the scenes, but] has not fully given up the Batgirl costume. But she is working more and more as Oracle again. And because she’s behind the computer, she is using Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown as her agents in the field, as her Batgirls. And so we are playing and building out that whole dynamic.

I’m very happy about it. :laughs: And we have big plans for all of the Batgirl characters in the line that will become more and more clear as the year goes on."
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.