Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Jack Munroe was killed by Ed Brubaker to make way for the Winter Soldier, which was one of the few things I hated about his run (as someone who read a lot of later Gruenwald Cap books). To my knowledge he hasn't returned yet.
    He hasn't. He was going to die well before Bucky killed him because the super soldier serum he had was breaking down his immune system. I remember his body being carted about Weekend At Bernie's style though. Can't remember, but wasn't the corpse blown up? (I'll have to do a dive and re-read that story arc).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Finally got around to reading this last night and issue #1 hits a solid 4.5/5 stars for this MK fan.
    I like how McKay explains that the D.I.D. is due to Khonshu has altered Marc's brain, so with that explanation it could be altered back.
    Vermin, this Spider-man fan enjoyed that cameo. Really like the vampire angle as well. Surely Blade is a logical guest at some point, especially given the lip service to Aaron's Avengers arc where Blade is a member AND are sponsoring his psych sessions.

A fist not THE fist. Hunters Moon....looking forward to the backstory of the left fist of Khonshu and why we've not seen him or any avatar version of him until now. At first when we met the Doctor I was hoping he might be Cardiac, could see him as a good semi-recurring character in an MK book but alas it turns out he is Hunters Moon, left fist of Khonshu.

The therapist mentions working with Jack Monroe which I found interesting. Hadn't read that name in awhile. Is he even still active or alive in any book? Just a name drop maybe, like the other character ______Winner? Who was that? Can't recall first name right now.
    I've always felt that was the best explanation for the extent of Marc's DID. Marc himself probably already had it (a man raised by a Rabbi becoming a mercenary had to have conflicting emotions somewhere along the line). That'll explain why Khonshu chose him.

I love how Vermin has completely been adopted as a Spidey villain at this point. Especially since he was a Cap villain initially lol. As for vampires? They naturally lend themselves to Moon Knight since he protects night travellers. I really hope that, if vampires/Blade shows up (which he likely will since The Avengers arranged for Marc's therapy sessions), we get some werewolf action as well. That would be a nice throwback.

Rutherford Winner was part of the Pygmalion Program Hydra ran. Basically they took random people and broke them down and rebuilt them. Then created artificial personalities they grafted onto the psyche with crafted narratives. Winner's particular one was full on spy/007. Hydra wiped the others out, but Rutherford escaped. Became freelancer and was employed by Old Fury when he ran SHIELD. The guy is a absolute killing machine who thinks he is in a James Bond film. He is a enemy of Fury Jr.

REALLY liked the first issue.

Also, yes, Bendis can't write mental illness at all. What he did with Sentry, Moon Knight, and D-Man is just ... *wince*.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    REALLY liked the first issue.

Also, yes, Bendis can't write mental illness at all. What he did with Sentry, Moon Knight, and D-Man is just ... *wince*.
    Don't remind me about Sentry, it started okay but then escalated into "you know what, Robert was a dick from the very start so it actually doesn't matter". 11/10 character development.

Hey guys!

So I've been away from Marc since a short while after the previous run finished (because of monetary reasons) and now I want to catch in with him, because I think I'll like the current run enough to be able to put some cash out of my precarious wallet for it. What should I read? Anything is fine to me, unless it's really an awful read.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Huge fan of Marc but don't trust McKay. Didn't like his DD or Black Cat at all. Will continue to read your thoughts on the series.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The therapist mentions working with Jack Monroe which I found interesting.
    Yeah, that's Dr. Andie Sterman. She was introduced back in Jack Monroe's old NOMAD series, and later came back as a recurring character in THUNDERBOLTS and the CITIZEN V & THE V-BATTALION miniseries. Its great to see her brought out of limbo -- but that's the sort of continuity deep cut that I've come to expect and love from Jed MacKay!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    That is cool to have a character dust off and the moths shaken out. I never read 2 of the 3 series you mentioned. If she was in any of the T-Bolts issues I read she was just "placeholder doctor" to me at the time.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

Enjoyed the issue. Nice to see that the multiple personalities weren't the focus for a change. That angle has gotten real old. Having Mr. Knight handle the "administrative" side and then the classic MK handle actual "operations" is a nice touch and a nod that works better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Enjoyed the issue. Nice to see that the multiple personalities weren't the focus for a change. That angle has gotten real old. Having Mr. Knight handle the "administrative" side and then the classic MK handle actual "operations" is a nice touch and a nod that works better.
    I'm surprised it has taken this long to do that to be honest. The Mr. Knight identity just naturally lends itself to being "the face" and MK being the one to handle the action. Glad McKay picked up on that and is running with it.

To the utmost, I agree.
    I know other super-heroes in the Marvel Universe have done it before, but I LOVE it when a character wears multiple suits throughout the story.
    In this case, Moon Knight has two totally cool outfits (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-27-2021 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Don't remind me about Sentry, it started okay but then escalated into "you know what, Robert was a dick from the very start so it actually doesn't matter". 11/10 character development.
    Bendis decided that the Void, the actual physical manifestation of Robert's illness, the voice of his self-loathing, the actualization of his depression and addiction, was of course also 'the truth'. Because failing to grasp that the one thing that depression and anxiety do best is warp your view of yourself and the kind of person you are into the worst possible version of you you can be. In fairness, Jenkins leaned into this a little too in the second mini, but not in such a way as that it wasn't questionable.

It was vey, very angering.

https://www.cbr.com/moon-knight-spid...illain-vermin/

spoilers:
    So, uh, Vermin can clone himself now? What the heck... that's... extremely gross.. I'd be more into the notion that his bite can temporarily turn people into rat-drones..
    end of spoilers

Amazing Member

I would like to see a New Moon Knight of Middle Eastern origin possibly Egyptian to take up the mantle of Moon Knight ?

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    I would like to see a New Moon Knight of Middle Eastern origin possibly Egyptian to take up the mantle of Moon Knight ?
    Frankly, it wouldn't work. They'd either have to lose the whole "possibly delusional" angle, which makes the character somewhat boring, or deal with the optics of a Middle-Eastern/North African hero who is mentally ill....