Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Moon Knight: Nick Kroll, Daveed Diggs Were Reportedly Considered for the Marvel Role

Before beginning negotiations with Oscar Isaac, Marvel's Moon Knight reportedly considered comedian Nick Kroll and musician/actor Daveed Diggs.

https://www.cbr.com/moon-knight-nick...s-marvel-role/
    Kroll would have been interesting. Comedians often make great actors. Another actor I think that would have fit was Bill Hader, his work in HBO's Barry is great.

As for Diggs, I've only seen him in Snowpiercer and I wasn't the biggest fan of his acting! But I'm sure he's been good in other stuff from what I've heard??

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    If you were to write Moon Knight: what would you do with the title/character??
    That's not an interesting question.

A far more interesting question is: If you were to write Moon Knight, what would you do with the character of Marlene Alraune?

Let's face it. She had diddly squat to do in the comics. Marlene was written as a morality pet with her identity wrapped up in her boyfriend's life.

If done improperly, she could be the kiss of death of this show like Karen Page was for Daredevil.

I would say write Marlene as an archeologist who works on behalf of The Committee.

She meets Jack Russell, who bites her and she herself becomes Werewolf by Night.

Forcing Marc to use his Cresent Shaped darts on her.

Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    That's not an interesting question.

A far more interesting question is: If you were to write Moon Knight, what would you do with the character of Marlene Alraune?

Let's face it. She had diddly squat to do in the comics. Marlene was written as a morality pet with her identity wrapped up in her boyfriend's life.

If done improperly, she could be the kiss of death of this show like Karen Page was for Daredevil.

I would say write Marlene as an archeologist who works on behalf of The Committee.

She meets Jack Russell, who bites her and she herself becomes Werewolf by Night.

Forcing Marc to use his Cresent Shaped darts on her.
    Well, atleast being in a long term commited relationship makes Moon Knight more distinct from Batman which is good since Normies are not familiar with the likes of Phantom and the Shadow and think everybody from Daredevil to Spawn is a Batman rip-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Obeythemoderators View Post
    Well, atleast being in a long term commited relationship makes Moon Knight more distinct from Batman which is good since Normies are not familiar with the likes of Phantom and the Shadow and think everybody from Daredevil to Spawn is a Batman rip-off.
    Given that the comics have turned the MK element that was taken from the Shadow (the multiple identities) and turned it into a mental illness, I suppose the Netflix guys can't be blamed for not knowing about it.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    In brief... I am sick & tired of DID stories. While the proper representation of characters with mental health issues is important, it shouldn't be the only thing that the book is about. MK has the potential to be a great mystery/horror book, but only with a writer willing to break out of the "Marc goes nuts and isn't sure if Khonsu is real" mold.
    MK has in the past been about mystery and horror. The problem since th 2006 Houston run is no one dares try to reverse, dial back the Retcon of Spector's identities being made into personalities aka D.I.D. I frankly find the retcon bad as it is not true to the character. Its like saying you're the clone not the original after decades in publishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I absolutely get that, and I definitely think that Marc's been written into a corner with the mental health stuff becoming such a tenet of his character. I hope whoever comes next goes in a completely different direction too.
    Yes, every writer the last 15yrs doesn't know how to try and do stories in the original vein of the character or explore areas that are logical.
    We got close with having a tie to Ra the sun god but then that character designed as a foe was softened a bit. Explore the Egyptian pantheon.
    I prefer MK as a human with peak abilities but know at one point his power set relied on a touch of supernatural.
    Jason Aaron stay away, your MK arc in Avengers was horrid. You don't know the character.

If you were to write Moon Knight: what would you do with the title/character??
    Peel back the D.I.D
    Work towards re-instating Marc has having PTSD but he has his identities again as originally created.
    I'd build up the Egyptian gods in much the same way the Asgardians are.
    Strengthen his Rogues and bring back some he should co-opt like Scarecrow.
    Work on his support cast.
    Make Marlene more interesting. Too often she has just been the damsel in distress and that cliche is very dated.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'd build up the Egyptian gods in much the same way the Asgardians are.
    I totally agree with this. There's so much to explore, even if we are limited to avatars.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I’d keep the DID. To remove it now could be seen as insulting towards the illness.

Agree with increasing Marlenes involvement and Frenchie. Have Moon Knight more like the original Moench series and even Ellis’, with a lot more mystery/detective work going on. Involve more villains that aren’t Bushman or Khonsu.

I’d keep the DID. To remove it now could be seen as insulting towards the illness.

Agree with increasing Marlenes involvement and Frenchie. Have Moon Knight more like the original Moench series and even Ellis’, with a lot more mystery/detective work going on. Involve more villains that aren’t Bushman or Khonsu.

The Committee. A shadowy organization that runs a legion of superhuman mercenaries on payroll, ready to hunt down Moon Knight.

Have Moon Knight more like the original Moench series and even Ellis’, with a lot more mystery/detective work going on.
    Agreed. LOVE the mystery/detective stuff Ellis provided for the series...

Involve more villains that aren’t Bushman or Khonsu.
    My choice would be Midnight (former sidekick-turned enemy, blames Moon Knight for his predicament):

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

There's a Moon Knight Omnibus with a Finch cover from the 2000s out. Amazon only lists material from the 70s, though.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    There's a Moon Knight Omnibus with a Finch cover from the 2000s out. Amazon only lists material from the 70s, though.
    Correct, the Finch cover is a variant for the omnibus!

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    The Committee. A shadowy organization that runs a legion of superhuman mercenaries on payroll, ready to hunt down Moon Knight.
    Yeah I really like Then Committee.

I feel like they could be even more intimidating and a better contrast to the “Mr Knight” costume of Moon Knight.

Another new bit of (rumoured) casting:

https://www.cbr.com/moon-knight-ramy-star-mystery-role/

I'm assuming it's Marlene?

Or it could be Scarlet Fascinera.

Or it could be Marc Spector's mother.

Extraordinary Member

Second person cast, age range.......I would say Marlene.

But the actress is also Egyptian American.

More than liking she’s Marlene or slight possibly a manifestation of Khonshu.