Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

I'm a Johnny-come-lately to Moon Knight fandom, myself. The whole "multiple personality"/"Is he crazy or not" thing has always left me cold. It wasn't until 2014 that we had a run that didn't focus on how crazy he was... and the next volume had him wake up in an insane asylum. *shrugs*

Mackay has said he isn't going to focus on that. We shall see.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I'm a Johnny-come-lately to Moon Knight fandom, myself. The whole "multiple personality"/"Is he crazy or not" thing has always left me cold. It wasn't until 2014 that we had a run that didn't focus on how crazy he was... and the next volume had him wake up in an insane asylum. *shrugs*

Based on the first issue it’s touched on, but not the main focus.

The new characters grow on me every time I re-read this issue.

Astonishing Member

I don't mind him being a little bit crazy. But like you said that run where he wakes up in the insane asylum, heck I don't even mind that. But it just goes on and on and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    The new characters grow on me every time I re-read this issue.

It’s a lot of fun, and it’s something we haven’t seen from Moon Knight in a very long time.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'd prefer that editorial realize that a white man with PTSD who is "crazy"/DID or whatever and really violent isn't a perspective that gets positive media coverage. Not all categories of humanity need some champion out there. Get the character back to a man utilizing identities to defeat crime and injustice. It is really easy enough to explain away the last few years since Huston and the D.I.D. road the character has been on.

Hoping Mackay has stories about Marc and MK in a more super hero mold, one the character hasn't really had since maybe Secret Avengers or the short Vengeance of Moon Knight series.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Had the opportunity to read this a day early, and its damn good! Great art as well.

I want reactions! How much do you love this new book?

All-New Member

New-ish Moon Knight fan here. Grabbed this first issue today and LOVED it. Very fascinating character, great dialogue, and some downright spectacular art. Count me in.

Absolutely loved this issue from the writing to the art. Definitely issue of the week for me and I'm mad at myself for not ever considering a certain aspect of the title "Fist of Khonshu"

On the one hand?

This thread, by it's very nature, is sort of "Anti-Grumpy..."

On the other hand?

My reaction was something like...

While writers have had worse starts amount to something worthwhile, this was seriously "Blah..."

Count me in, it was... pretty interesting. I can't say I am very familiar with the character, but so far I like what I see. I am getting Zdarsky's Daredevil vibes from it.
    Can someone be so kind to recommend some modern Moon Knight comic books to read while I wait for issue 2?
    Stuff I have already read:
    1) 6 issues by Ellis (liked it)
    2) "Age of Khonshu" (not my cup of tea)
    3) Lemire's run (pretty cool)
    4) Bemis's first story (didn't like it at all)

Astonishing Member

I've always maintained that his DID is the result of having Khonshu interact with him mentally. He needs those multiple personalities to "shoulder" the burden of having a god in his head.

This was a very, very god start. It is reminiscent of the early Houston run. It touches upon everything from before, but doesn't really linger on anything. Which is what good runs should do. Also like the fact that for all his publication history, Moon Knight has been the "Fist Of Khonshu", yet only now has someone come along and said, "he is the right fist, but there is a left". Hunters Moon is interesting. Wonder if he is supposed to work in tandem with Moon Knight by acting as a "balance".

Shame Randall is rotting away in a grave, this set up would be the perfect time to bring Shadow Knight back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Count me in, it was... pretty interesting. I can't say I am very familiar with the character, but so far I like what I see. I am getting Zdarsky's Daredevil vibes from it.
    Can someone be so kind to recommend some modern Moon Knight comic books to read while I wait for issue 2?
    Stuff I have already read:
    1) 6 issues by Ellis (liked it)
    2) "Age of Khonshu" (not my cup of tea)
    3) Lemire's run (pretty cool)
    4) Bemis's first story (didn't like it at all)
    Houston run from 06.
    Doug Moench first run and Resurrection War.
    Dixon's run pretty much made him into Marvels version of Batman. Bit more straight forward in terms of superheroics. This run even gave him his own Robin in Jeff Wilde/Midnight. This run also lasted the longest at 60 issues.
    Vengeance Of Moon Knight by Hurwitz. It was more of a straight forward superhero run akin to Dixon.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 07-21-2021 at 10:40 PM.