Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Houston run from 06.
    Doug Moench first run and Resurrection War.
    Dixon's run pretty much made him into Marvels version of Batman. Bit more straight forward in terms of superheroics. This run even gave him his own Robin in Jeff Wilde/Midnight. This run also lasted the longest at 60 issues.
    Vengeance Of Moon Knight by Hurwitz. It was more of a straight forward superhero run akin to Dixon.
    Thank you! ^^ what about Bendis, is his run any good?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Thank you! ^^ what about Bendis, is his run any good?
    No. Not only did he have Moon Knight go up against Count Nefaria of all people (who can take The Avengers solo), his depiction of people with mental illness completely missed the mark. The only good thing about it was Maleev's art.

No. Not only did he have Moon Knight go up against Count Nefaria of all people (who can take The Avengers solo), his depiction of people with mental illness completely missed the mark. The only good thing about it was Maleev's art.
    Can't argue with that- Maleev's art is incredible. I am asking because I really enjoyed Bendis' Daredevil and Alias so him on Moon Knight sounds like a match made in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Can't argue with that- Maleev's art is incredible. I am asking because I really enjoyed Bendis' Daredevil and Alias so him on Moon Knight sounds like a match made in heaven.
    That was what made it such a drag.

Made sense on paper/Total mess once the ink hit the page

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That was what made it such a drag.

Made sense on paper/Total mess once the ink hit the page
    I was legit hyped for him on Moon Knight because he was teamed with Maleev. Both had produced gold together at that point. Not surprising it didn't turn out well because, from memory, Bendis never pitched for it. He didn't have a story. He just happened to be in the Marvel offices and Joey Q walked past him and said, "oh, Brian, you and Maleev are going to do Moon Knight. Can't wait to read your first script." Which is pretty much how Bendis explained how he got the gig.

The above happened when Marvel had Waid taking on Daredevil and Rucka on Punisher. Guess Meatloaf had it right when he said, "two out of three ain't bad".

I was legit hyped for him on Moon Knight because he was teamed with Maleev. Both had produced gold together at that point. Not surprising it didn't turn out well because, from memory, Bendis never pitched for it. He didn't have a story. He just happened to be in the Marvel offices and Joey Q walked past him and said, "oh, Brian, you and Maleev are going to do Moon Knight. Can't wait to read your first script." Which is pretty much how Bendis explained how he got the gig.

The above happened when Marvel had Waid taking on Daredevil and Rucka on Punisher. Guess Meatloaf had it right when he said, "two out of three ain't bad".
    Bendis be like: guess I am writing Moon Knight then!
    Thanks for the story lol

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

Hi folks.

On a whim I picked up Moon Knight yesterday (the JrJr variant) and really enjoyed (subsequently told a mate to pick it up and he did so too and enjoyed it!).

Obviously not familiar with the character so thanks to the previous thread participants for providing some recommended reading! Will keep me busy!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

They should have stayed on Spider-Woman.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Hi as well, Moon Knight's always been a character I've been interested in but haven't read a lot about. Anyway I read issue 1 and really enjoyed. Energetic artwork with MK doing some cool stuff. I found his characterization to be very interesting despite finding the Khonshu stuff in Avengers, "weird." Will be reading more!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Hi as well, Moon Knight's always been a character I've been interested in but haven't read a lot about. Anyway I read issue 1 and really enjoyed. Energetic artwork with MK doing some cool stuff. I found his characterization to be very interesting despite finding the Khonshu stuff in Avengers, "weird." Will be reading more!
    The Avengers arc was pure garbage. Disregard everything you read from that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    They should have stayed on Spider-Woman.
    That they should have.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    The Avengers arc was pure garbage. Disregard everything you read from that.
    The only thing is that it is where Khonshu gets imprisoned. But I love how this run basically just glossed over the events of that story apart from that. It really was a downer that arc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    As Shadowcat said, just ignore that. This run is steering away from it anyway. Probably for the best as that story arc really didn't paint MK in the best fashion.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Finally got around to reading this last night and issue #1 hits a solid 4.5/5 stars for this MK fan.
    I like how McKay explains that the D.I.D. is due to Khonshu has altered Marc's brain, so with that explanation it could be altered back.
    Vermin, this Spider-man fan enjoyed that cameo. Really like the vampire angle as well. Surely Blade is a logical guest at some point, especially given the lip service to Aaron's Avengers arc where Blade is a member AND are sponsoring his psych sessions.

A fist not THE fist. Hunters Moon....looking forward to the backstory of the left fist of Khonshu and why we've not seen him or any avatar version of him until now. At first when we met the Doctor I was hoping he might be Cardiac, could see him as a good semi-recurring character in an MK book but alas it turns out he is Hunters Moon, left fist of Khonshu.

The therapist mentions working with Jack Monroe which I found interesting. Hadn't read that name in awhile. Is he even still active or alive in any book? Just a name drop maybe, like the other character ______Winner? Who was that? Can't recall first name right now.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The therapist mentions working with Jack Monroe which I found interesting. Hadn't read that name in awhile. Is he even still active or alive in any book? Just a name drop maybe, like the other character ______Winner? Who was that? Can't recall first name right now.
    Jack Munroe was killed by Ed Brubaker to make way for the Winter Soldier, which was one of the few things I hated about his run (as someone who read a lot of later Gruenwald Cap books). To my knowledge he hasn't returned yet.

And Rutherford Winner looks to be a relatively new character, who just appeared in the Daughters of the Dragon digital series MacKay wrote.