Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

I simply love the first pic!

Putting Mooney in my pull list. Hoping for the best! The art already looks dope.

Love the art, love the cover, really love that title graphic. Fingers crossed for the writing...

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I don't think they're ever move away from the DID, tbh. It's kind of become a staple of him. At this point I just hope the writers handle it with care and have him at the place Lemire did at the end of his run: accepting but no longer burdened by it.
    Peter and MJ were separated by OMD so he could be single and we move away from MJ
    Ben Reilly was killed never to be seen again post 90s Clone Saga
    Jason Todd is dead and never coming back...same for Barry Allen.

Anything can be put back into the box. I hope DID is on that list, I keep waiting.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

If they HAVE to include the DID, I think it would be refreshing if they handled it as less a Hollywood mental illness, and more as a manageable condition. Marvel has never had an openly neurodivergent superhero.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

The new ongoing premise does sound reall intriguing, to say the least. And the art is gorgeous!

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ma...ew-jed-mackay/

what is MK's primary neighborhood of protection now?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what is MK's primary neighborhood of protection now?
    Probably NYC.

When can we expect some pics from the upcoming show or maybe even a trailer?

Love those colored pages and love what MacKay is saying about the book.

"Khonshu is taking a back seat for the first arc- the Aesir have him in prison in Asgard, and we're looking instead at what Moon Knight can be without him," MacKay said. "Moon Knight's relationship with Khonshu has always been fraught and contentious, and even moreso now that he's striking out as the Fist of Khonshu on his own terms rather than the Moon God's. But Khonshu is not so easily abandoned, and waits in captivity for when his son will come to him. And we know that eventually, one way or another, Moon Knight will come to him."
    MacKay is tackling the character a bit differently, as there are no thought captions to let you in on what Moon Knight is thinking, conveying things though his actions and his dialogue instead. That's why the supporting cast will play an even more important role in fleshing out the character, including his therapist and his vampire receptionist at the Midnight Mission.
    I'm excited!

Also looks like we're ignoring the daughter for a bit. Definitely fine with that.
    "While it's not something that's going forgotten, it's not a thread we're going to be following right away. In good time we'll learn how Marlene responded to the aftermath of the Age of Khonshu," MacKay said.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Probably NYC.

When can we expect some pics from the upcoming show or maybe even a trailer?
    Not for a while yet.

Although Oscar Isaac and Ethan Hawke were spotted in Budapest last Saturday, it has not been reported that the show has started filming - it will likely be soon, but I think the only pics we'll get will be leaked set pics! If we get any official taste I doubt it will be before San Diego Comic Con (or whatever this year's equivalent will be due to covid)

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Not for a while yet.

Although Oscar Isaac and Ethan Hawke were spotted in Budapest last Saturday, it has not been reported that the show has started filming - it will likely be soon, but I think the only pics we'll get will be leaked set pics! If we get any official taste I doubt it will be before San Diego Comic Con (or whatever this year's equivalent will be due to covid)
    Thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Also looks like we're ignoring the daughter for a bit. Definitely fine with that.
    WHAT?

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    WHAT?
    From the article on the new book (linked above):

Those who read the previous Moon Knight run by Max Bemis will recall some big developments in Spector's personal life, as it revealed that one of Spector's other personas struck things up with Marlene and they had a daughter, Diatrice. While it won't be something that this series focuses on, Marlene does eventually have a role to play in the series.

"While it's not something that's going forgotten, it's not a thread we're going to be following right away. In good time we'll learn how Marlene responded to the aftermath of the Age of Khonshu," MacKay said.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    From the article on the new book (linked above):

Those who read the previous Moon Knight run by Max Bemis will recall some big developments in Spector's personal life, as it revealed that one of Spector's other personas struck things up with Marlene and they had a daughter, Diatrice. While it won't be something that this series focuses on, Marlene does eventually have a role to play in the series.

so how soon before there is an alternate future glimpse at Diatrice as Moon Knight? (I doubt she'd take on Jess Jones old name of Knightress...)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so how soon before there is an alternate future glimpse at Diatrice as Moon Knight? (I doubt she'd take on Jess Jones old name of Knightress...)
    Well...

How do you feel about 1998?