Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    The lack of true goal definitely rings true. It felt like Bemis wanted to ground him with the daughter bit but it was clunky and feels like something no other writer will ever pick up again. The final felt rushed but I also remember Bemis on Twitter saying he didn’t originally plan for the book to end when it did. He planned stuff for years lol

I can also totally agree with Lemire’s run feeling like it closed the mental health chapter but outside of that it just left me cold. There was something about his MK that just lacked...life, imo. I’m also not the biggest Lemire fan in general though so that could’ve also had something to do with it.

I would love for a new series with Christian Ward on art
    That sucks, I would have liked to have seen more of Bemis' story if that was the case. It's strange there hasn't been a new ongoing since, but I guess there will be one in time for the tv show!

I've often found that Lemire's stuff tends to focus on story rather than character. He's not one of my favourites either to be honest, but I thought the ambition of his Moon Knight story was well executed. I do definitely agree the character beats were lacking a bit though. I think Marc Spector is such a difficult character to get right/make likeable (especially since 2006), so I imagine a lot of writers find it intimidating to try and do anything new with the character. imo a big problem with Bendis' run was that he changed literally everything about the character/his supporting cast - it seemed like a move to bypass any difficulty in adapting the character. What a waste of Maleev's art!

Christian Ward would be great I agree. I would also love to see someone like Daniel Warren Johnson have a go. His art is so often in big epic stories, but I'd love to see something more down to earth with Moon Knight. Also, after his stellar run on DD, Chris Samnee would also be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    That sucks, I would have liked to have seen more of Bemis' story if that was the case. It's strange there hasn't been a new ongoing since, but I guess there will be one in time for the tv show!

I've often found that Lemire's stuff tends to focus on story rather than character. He's not one of my favourites either to be honest, but I thought the ambition of his Moon Knight story was well executed. I do definitely agree the character beats were lacking a bit though. I think Marc Spector is such a difficult character to get right/make likeable (especially since 2006), so I imagine a lot of writers find it intimidating to try and do anything new with the character. imo a big problem with Bendis' run was that he changed literally everything about the character/his supporting cast - it seemed like a move to bypass any difficulty in adapting the character. What a waste of Maleev's art!

Christian Ward would be great I agree. I would also love to see someone like Daniel Warren Johnson have a go. His art is so often in big epic stories, but I'd love to see something more down to earth with Moon Knight. Also, after his stellar run on DD, Chris Samnee would also be great!
    I tried to go back and read Bendis' run not too long ago and outside of Echo(just for the sake of seeing two of my faves together) and Maleev's art there wasn't anything I could enjoy. I can't believe they let Bendis get away with it, lol! Samnee is one I've been dying to see draw some him!

I feel like they were getting close to putting something out to release last year as he kept popping up in all these random places (Serpent War, The Book of Dream story by Percy), but maybe got held up with the pushback of MCU stuff and the comic industry. Now we've probably got wait till we get closer to the show release. Speaking of...thoughts on the rumor of Oscar Isaac as Moonie?

Extraordinary Member

Speaking of...thoughts on the rumor of Oscar Isaac as Moonie?
    Oscar Isaac is mcu moon knight.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Part-II/page93

I tried to go back and read Bendis' run not too long ago and outside of Echo(just for the sake of seeing two of my faves together) and Maleev's art there wasn't anything I could enjoy. I can't believe they let Bendis get away with it, lol! Samnee is one I've been dying to see draw some him!

I feel like they were getting close to putting something out to release last year as he kept popping up in all these random places (Serpent War, The Book of Dream story by Percy), but maybe got held up with the pushback of MCU stuff and the comic industry. Now we've probably got wait till we get closer to the show release. Speaking of...thoughts on the rumor of Oscar Isaac as Moonie?
    Man, what Bendis did to Echo really annoyed me. In my opinion he did such a great job with her in New Avengers, and for her to just go out like that was so ugh. Maleev's art was gorgeous as always, I wish Bendis could have written a series as good as their DD from back in the early 2000s!

Yeah that's possible, I imagine now that his appearance in Avengers is over there may be something on the horizon! The original rumour is actually what inspired me to FINALLY read all that Moon Knight! For the last couple of years Oscar's been my number 1 choice tbh. He's been a favourite actor of mine since Inside Llewyn Davis and Ex Machina. I think he's perfect, honestly. Such a great actor that oozes charisma and charm! How about you?

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Oof that schedule is interesting... pretty much new MCU content every week. That's very well planned if that is true.

I wonder what direction they will take with Raoul Bushman. He always a one-character in the comics and this will be their opportunity to flesh him out. I wonder what his backstory would be; what his motivations are. Will he be written as a sympathetic villain in the vein of Erik Killmonger or Wilson Fisk?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Man, what Bendis did to Echo really annoyed me. In my opinion he did such a great job with her in New Avengers, and for her to just go out like that was so ugh. Maleev's art was gorgeous as always, I wish Bendis could have written a series as good as their DD from back in the early 2000s!

Yeah that's possible, I imagine now that his appearance in Avengers is over there may be something on the horizon! The original rumour is actually what inspired me to FINALLY read all that Moon Knight! For the last couple of years Oscar's been my number 1 choice tbh. He's been a favourite actor of mine since Inside Llewyn Davis and Ex Machina. I think he's perfect, honestly. Such a great actor that oozes charisma and charm! How about you?
    It was baaaaad. I only acknowledge cause I hope a future writer will team them up again the right way and that's the in.

Same! I never felt a lot of the fancasts really hit the way I wanted but once Oscar's name started popping up it felt right.

Oh perfect! Very excited for the take.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

If you were to write Moon Knight: what would you do with the title/character??

Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

This might very well be a coincident and the blond girl on the right might have nothing to do with the blond haired woman on the left.
    Moon Knight 2.jpgMoon Knight.jpg
    But if the same persone just grown older then that is a strong case of continuity. Please note that the panels on the right are from 4 years later.
    Last edited by Obeythemoderators; 01-08-2021 at 03:12 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Damn, that's dope casting.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post

I'd probably continue the Ellis/Wood/Bunn's tradition of one and done stories. I don't mind keeping the daughter from Bemis's run. Giving a character a family is the easiest way to make them relatable. I'd probably explore the cult of khonshu, how it works, is still around around etc? I'd touch base with Echo after she came back. There's probably some fallout from the recent Avengers arc so I'd figure it out.

PS. Oscar Isaac is a great choice for Moon Knight.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-08-2021 at 01:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Moon Knight: Disney+ Series Gets an Additional Pair of Directors
    Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead have joined Mohamed Diab as director's on Marvel Studios' Disney+ series Moon Knight.

Marvel Studios' upcoming Disney+ series Moon Knight has added an acclaimed duo to its roster of directors.
    According to The Hollywood Reporter, Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead will be directing episodes of Moon Knight, which will begin filming in Budapest in March. Previously, the only confirmed director for the program was Mohamed Diab, while Jeremy Slater is serving as the leader of Moon Knight's writer's room.

Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead are a directorial duo who got their start helming feature films with the motion picture Resolution. Since then, they've directed acclaimed movies such as Spring, The Endless and Synchronic as well as an episode of the second season of the newest incarnation of The Twilight Zone.

Recently, it was confirmed by Moon Knight's cinematographer, Gregory Middleton, that Star Wars' Oscar Isaac will indeed be portraying the superhero show's eponymous character. Isaac's casting had been reported previously, though went unconfirmed during Disney Investor Day 2020.

Directed by Mohamed Diab, Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead and written by Jeremy Slater, Moon Knight does not yet have a release date. The series will debut on Disney+.

https://www.cbr.com/moon-knight-disn...-of-directors/

Extraordinary Member

Moon Knight: Nick Kroll, Daveed Diggs Were Reportedly Considered for the Marvel Role

Before beginning negotiations with Oscar Isaac, Marvel's Moon Knight reportedly considered comedian Nick Kroll and musician/actor Daveed Diggs.

https://www.cbr.com/moon-knight-nick...s-marvel-role/

It was baaaaad. I only acknowledge cause I hope a future writer will team them up again the right way and that's the in.

Same! I never felt a lot of the fancasts really hit the way I wanted but once Oscar's name started popping up it felt right.

Yeah same, they were q good pairing, and I think Echo is a great character.

So much talent!

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I'm not the best at these types of things, but I think it's time Moon Knight goes full Lovecraftian!